DII Champions

CrsdrFootball

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know too much about the other teams this year, but I have to base it upon school size and a great coach.

Davidson Academy has around 324 students as per TSSAA enrollment. I understand this has actually grown since then and they would actually no longer qualify for Single A (I don't know if this is true or not). This is almost double the size of most of the schools in Div II A and I believe this makes a huge impact when we are dealing with these populations.

I am somewhat surprised that they elected to stay in Single A, as I feel they could have been quite competitive in AA.

I am not in any way degrading the current Single A schools, I do think the enrollment levels in Div II are out of whack and Davidson will have the manpower to outmuscle any of the current schools.

825716082[/snapback]

as of 8/16/05 we have 282, the cut-off is 300

cutoff is actually 303. if you have 304 or above you move to AA. Yeah, Davidson will be the biggest school cause the ones here in Memphis don't even have 200 total in the highschools. Whole schools (K thru 12) usually run around 5 to 6 hundred. Davidson will probably have more depth than most of the teams here that have starters playing both ways and doin all the kickin, special teams, etc. But just have to see. Never seen em play.