All Carter County Team

softball1714

What do you people in Carter County have aganist Unicoi County. We are not bad people . You all got beat this year just get over it. You don't hear us bashing you .Just remember it is all about the kids and not the parents. I don't hear the kids bashing each other unless they are being coaxed by the adults.

825692124[/snapback]

Good post UcSoftball. I don't think everybody in Carter County hates Unicoi County. Your sports editor at the Erwin Record is from Roan Mountain.

Edited by Dukie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UcSoftball,

we do not all hate Unicoi. I would love to be able to say, "Hey, I play for Unicoi's softball team." When the Lady Devils walk on the field they know they're going to win and their opponent does too. They may not win every game but as long as the thought of it goes through their minds, they have a chance. Unicoi is tough...and Unaka held them to 2-1 in the tournament at Unicoi this year. That just goes to show you what a good ball game looks like when two good ball teams walk on the field. B)

UcSoftball,

we do not all hate Unicoi. I would love to be able to say, "Hey, I play for Unicoi's softball team." When the Lady Devils walk on the field they know they're going to win and their opponent does too. They may not win every game but as long as the thought of it goes through their minds, they have a chance. Unicoi is tough...and Unaka held them to 2-1 in the tournament at Unicoi this year. That just goes to show you what a good ball game looks like when two good ball teams walk on the field.  B)

825692284[/snapback]

There is no doubt in my mind that Unaka has a excellent ball team. And so does U.C. and we don't like to lose. Just about everytime something is written about Unicoi it is negative and you know why, because we are good and people know we are good . Like you said we have confidence and back it up with good ball playing. Wouldn't you be upset if everytime someone said something about Unaka it was negative and hurtful. We just get tired of being put down. We like to compete with the best. Good Luck in the coming year!!!!!!!!!

Blue Devil,

I am truly sorry if you thought that I hated Unicoi by my statement. The tread read "All Carter County team". It was sarcastic I know but I do not hate any team or player. Unaka has a great ball team and great girls on the ball team. There was one thread that was congradulating them and others put there's on there. That is why I said that. Please don't get so jumpy to think everyone hates Unicoi just because of a couple of words. There was no hate in the comment! Good Luck next year (except when you play Unaka)lol

Just a couple comments: First, I don't hate Unicoi County.

Second, MHeaton50, do I gather by your "I would love to be able to say, Hey, I play for Unicoi County's Softball team," that you don't like the team your with? ;)

And, if you were referring to that bitter-cold night at Unicoi, I think the final score was one-to-nothing.

But seriously, UcSoftball, I LOVE UNICOI COUNTY! thumb

And most importantly, has Edwards or Lingerfelt signed with anyone? Both are Very Capable.

Oh, and did someone say something about Carter County? ;)

krichunaka,

No I am very happy with the team I am with.  :o  But I meant that all of the team members from Unicoi are proud to be a Blue Devil and they have every right to feel that way. And I wasn't sure if it was 2-1 or 1-0...but yes, I was talking about that cold night.

825693278[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up. But from now on, try to get back to me a little more promptly; from the time I posted until you replied, there were THREE FULL MINUTES wasted. ;)

lingerfelt is close to signing with virginia intermont. last i heard, edwards was in talks with them as well, along with king college, but i'm not sure of her current status.

825693404[/snapback]

Kellye Lingerfelt is one of the Best Outfielders in the area. And of course, she's a Very Good Overall Athlete ....and Student.

Edwards - The area MVP, continued to excel while playing in pain.

Hopefully, Both will play on. Very deserving.

Edited by krichunaka