DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett will travel to Sullivan South for a Thrusday Night game. Both Teams picked up big wins in Week 0 and for the first time in a long time, this game is expected to be a battle.

DB leads the All-Time series 20 Wins to 5 for South. The series began in 1980, when Sullivan South was opened and the teams have played each other every year since. Till 1993, this was a Conference Game but after re-classification, it has just been a Rivalry Game. DB is 9-3 in games played @ South. The last victory in the series for the Rebels came in 1993, 33-7. '93 was also Graham Clarks first year as DB's Head Coach. The G-Man is 11-1 vs the Rebels.

This should be a great game and huge crowd.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted you let you Indian Fans and Players and Coaches (if your out there) in on something. I was at Lynn View Pee Wee Football tonight... 1 of the Coaches for the JV Redskins is for sure on the coaching staff of the Sullivan South Rebels, you could just tell. As I was standing along the sideline cheering for the JV Dolphins, the guy next to me says, " Hey Mike, how'd ya'll do last night?" "42-12" was his response... The guy next too me says " I didn't go, but I'm goina be there Thursday night." " Better get there early" says Mike.... then he follows up with... "WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS SHOVE IT DOWN THEIR THROATS"

It's no secret that Coloniel Heights "Sullivan South" does not like Kingsport and it does go both ways. One is smaller and thinks their better and the other is bigger and knows their better.

Better bring it Indians. This is not a Region Game, this is a Pride Game. If anybody is doing the shoving in East Tennessee, it's THE KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIANS..

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

DB fan sounding off. Well i made it to the Elizabethon game, and just as i thought DB still has a great D and an off. that takes a while to rev up. Maxwell had a great game, and so did creech, both players suprised me by how much better they got. I noticed one thing, DB did pretty well when they went to the I-formation. dont get me wrong i like the spread to, but they did alot better than i thought in the I-form. maybe they can put a few more plays in out of the I-form. and see what they can do with it, with a huge FB like papas (who also has a nice pick) and a quick little running back like maxwell or Luke Bennett they can move the ball pretty well I would say, the o-line seems a bit shaky though, grahm might need to stick to them a bit harder this comming week. we know what South is going to come out with, the power runnign and a huge FB, heard he was pretty good, I cant wait.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

DB fan sounding off.  Well i made it to the Elizabethon game, and just as i thought DB still has a great D and an off. that takes a while to rev up.  Maxwell had a great game, and so did creech, both players suprised me by how much better they got.  I noticed one thing, DB did pretty well when they went to the I-formation.  dont get me wrong i like the spread to, but they did alot better than i thought in the I-form.  maybe they can put a few more plays in out of the I-form. and see what they can do with it, with a huge FB like papas (who also has a nice pick) and a quick little running back like maxwell or Luke Bennett they can move the ball pretty well I would say, the o-line seems a bit shaky though, grahm might need to stick to them a bit harder this comming week.  we know what South is going to come out with, the power runnign and a huge FB, heard he was pretty good, I cant wait. 

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

825722355[/snapback]

MaXwell should start this game ( I hope) he is the best one out there. HE is the only one i know on the team that can get through the holes fast and out into open field. They should give him the ball more and play him more then just in lil spurts through out the game. I say the running game and the special team play will decide the game thursday night.

Edited by ambien33

nice to see you on here again dive doc. and yea the line gives way kinda quick this year, i think draws might work very well with this spread off. usually i would say that screens should be used also to keep the D from blitzing, but when ur QB is so little, you cant afford to send atleast two huge def. back to rip him apart, he will break quickly, so stick to quick slants, hitch routes, some option, and quite a few draws, to keep the def. honest