Highlanders vs Gibbs

highlander_88

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs is small on the line and very unathletic at the qb position, but very athletic everywhere else. If Eagles can overcome a small line and poor qb play they could have a chance. Defense is very good, but tackling from the safety position may bbe a problem if Smith gets in the backfield. Because of superior speed and the ablity to keep Smith in check. The Eagles will overcome very poor qb play and win 12-6.

825725001[/snapback]

"very unathletic at the qb position"???? Do you know their QB? Have you seen him play? Poor QB play??? Dude, QB is one position I'm not worried about when I think of Gibbs.

"very unathletic at the qb position"???? Do you know their QB?  Have you seen him play?  Poor QB play???  Dude, QB is one position I'm not worried about when I think of Gibbs.

825725335[/snapback]

thanks i was getting crap talked about me hardcore i guess they havent seen me but it will have to be a team preformance to win friday

#11, you looked really good last night. You're still not very athletic, very slow of foot, you hold the ball way to long. A good QB has to have a quick release. You just tend to keep the ball in your hand way to long, and you want to scramble when you just don't have the speed to run. heck you're not Cody Watts are Zach Helton. Having said that, you have a better arm than either of those guy's. You have great size and you seem to see the field really well. I think you really grew up last night. If you work on your release, quit trying to use your legs to make things happen ang learn to get rid of the ball quicker you may develop into a real d1 prospect. Last night you didn't get any help from your receivers either. Coaching is killing your team. If you had a coach with just a little knowledge of the game of football, you guy's were a good 3td's better than Scott. Play calling is killing you. Your line suprised me with pretty good play last night. #S 58 and 20 had exceptional games on d, they must have had a good 30 tackles between them. Both had all state type perfofmances but that dropped int by #20 at the close of the game hurt bad. That would have more than likely set up the win for the Eagles as Scott looked dead tired. QB11 who are those guy's, I think one is a linebacker and the other a safety. Do they look that good all the time are was that just a good game buy those two young men.

As for Scott I really expected more from Smith it really looked like after a couple of hits he began playing scared, which led to him being put out twice during the game. He did show very good toughness in coming back into the contest. #7 if he had a little more size could be a really good high school qb. He see's the field well, has a great release and is very mobile. He can make things happen with his feet. #10 killed Gibbs with two td catches over #12. #12 and 48 just couldn't stay with Hunter, he exposed a glaring weakness at that corner for Gibbs. If the Eagles had of been smart they would have switched #20 to that corner, he looked like he may have been the only db on the field who may have been able to shut down Hunter. Scott could be competitive if in the region with Gibbs but in the region that they're in I don't look for them to win a region game this yr unless they can upset Kingston.

#58 is devan parrot he has been starting center since his freshman year and linebacker since his soph but he is one of our best players and a great leader # 20 is a junior that can play he is very talented he can play any where you want to put him. Yalls qb is very good at the deep ball congrats to scott hope for a good year

hey qb11 man, it was heck of a game last night, gibbs was a very tough team, and anybody who thinks they are going to push right over gibbs is wrong, i can see u guys causing a few upsets! Good Luck in the season. Scott has to play smarter football. We had I dont know how many holding pentlys and other things that should have never happened. But all i know is that we have put this game behind us and we are focusing on Oliver Springs and we are comin monday to work. Warrrr Daddy Highlander..............GO SCOTT!!!

hey qb11 man, it was heck of a game last night, gibbs was a very tough team, and anybody who thinks they are going to push right over gibbs is wrong, i can see u guys causing a few upsets! Good Luck in the season. Scott has to play smarter football. We had I dont know how many holding pentlys and other things that should have never happened. But all i know is that we have put this game behind us and we are focusing on Oliver Springs and we are comin monday to work.  Warrrr Daddy Highlander..............GO SCOTT!!!

825729529[/snapback]

it's not wrong to hold.....only to get caught!!! :P way to go big guy y'all keep up the hard work and good luck against oliver springs. i'm glad to see you're keeping up the tradition of #78! ya don't happen ta have a red mohawk do ya? :P