ELIZABETHTON AT THEMSELVES

GLee

I think he was talking about Shawn Witten. Shawn really does know football. I'm a big Hokies football fan (Duke basketball fan of course) and I always enjoyed watching him play with such passion. However, I think Shawn will end up being a great college coach and will most likely bypass the high school ranks. We're hoping to have Shawn speak at a FCA meeting here in Johnson County sometime this year, but those plans are tentative at this moment. About that comment about Johnson County being Johnson County, we went 6-4 last year as the smallest 4A school in the state and they are better this year. The Longhorns will be ready for the Cyclones on October 27th. Until then, best of luck.

825743626[/snapback]

I don't think I questioned Shawn's football knowledge, but rather the fact that he's in the college business. I'm sure he'll work his way to where he wants to be and I don't think high school coaching is the target. We'd love to have him. Of course, PLess is a fine coach, but needs to assert himself thru the coordinators a bit more. He also needs to get some fire in his belly and not be bashfull about 'layin' it to the players on occassion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a little 'fire in the hole' would go a long way with the players. They all need it.........hey, it's football, a brutal sport. Be enthusiastic and fired up in practice. It will fall over into the games.

Another note to mention.......quit loafing in practice. No need to call names but quite a few need a kick in the butt.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

close, but no cigars

smith qb everbody knows this one but ur coach!

new kid from hampton & hutchins tb  theys ur fast backfeild

shaver fb

kennedy wr

hutchins wr (sub atkinson & hyder)

peters and jeffers te

now all you problems is fixed

you boys should have got lunsferd when he was ready. then they want be no politics in ball.

825748108[/snapback]

Betsy would go down in flames before making that many changes. I agree with Sunny that we don't have enough speed in the backfield and it is correctable. Not to say that Peterson doesn't work hard, but he could use some help. Curtis ? is th young man from Hampton and is a talent running the ball. Shaver is a power runner and might do well at fullback if you can sell him on the idea. I would love to see Hutchins at WR or TB and Hyder deserves more time at reciever also. Guys that work hard in practice should see the field more.......simple as that. Then they would get the idea of what practice can do for you.