Karns plays at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

ZCAR, I thougt that throw Lucas made against West had to be in the air for 70 yards or more. He must have a very strong arm. Another reason for the roll out passing could be his lack of ability to see over his lineman. At least 3 of his lineman of 6 2 or taller I think.

Anyway, to pass successfully you must have great recievers too. I have seen too many dropped passes this year. When you only thow 5 a game and 2 are dropped and you give up 2 sacks and 1 completion, I guess they wonder if it is worth it to pass.

The increased effort and intensity have been the biggest differences this year. That and I have noticed better speed on defense. Halls seems to be getting sideline to sideline better on defense.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZCAR, I thougt that throw Lucas made against West had to be in the air for 70 yards or more. He must have a very strong arm. Another reason for the roll out passing could be his lack of ability to see over his lineman. At least 3 of his lineman of 6 2 or taller I think.

Anyway, to pass successfully you must have great recievers too. I have seen too many dropped passes this year. When you only thow 5 a  game and  2 are dropped and you give up 2 sacks and 1 completion, I guess they wonder if it is worth it to pass.

The increased effort and intensity have been the biggest differences this year. That and I have noticed better speed on defense. Halls seems to be getting sideline to sideline better on defense.

825755975[/snapback]

Hey you are right about the dropped passes. But you have to keep trying to get confidence with the qb and receiver. I just think the next two weeks we can experiment a little and not lose alot. Karns is a non-conference game and Clinton is down this year.

Halls will win this game. I watched the West game live and the defense Halls has is awesome. It looks even better on television (the defense). You cannot get through Halls' defensive line. The only way Karns can win is passing, and that will be hard enough because Halls' DBs are awesome. Halls definitely wins this one. Case closed.

I definitely agree with what yall are sayin about the balance in play calling. We've got to go to the air more, and i really dont understand why we dont when you look at the stats. Halls may have given up some sacks, but few interceptions, maybe 1 or 2. Plus, Dayton has like 2 or 3 touchdowns on about 6 or 7 catches, and Boruff is about the same. Lucas had over 300 passing yards in the first three games too, so you know Halls can pass the ball with success, when they choose to.

Just keep it up devils, get a big win this friday.

Advantage Halls, as long as Coach John is running the sidelines at Karns. Who in their right mind would go for 2 against Bearden with the score 14-13 with 9:00 minutes to go in the 4th and Karns at home. This has to be one of the dumbest moves a football coach could make. Why not kick the extra point, tie the score, and hope to get the ball back or worse go into overtime. Yes its great Karns can get the upset wins, but this is football 101.

i agree completely on the stupid call of going for two. That is the third out of the last four years that karns has almost beaten bearden. They have went into over time with them twice and then lost by 1 point this year. Dont get me wrong bearden has deserved the wins as much as anyone but when is karns going to get an actually decent coach. They were on the one inch line last year with around a minute to go and coach fulkerson doesnt let the boys go for it. He decides to kick a field goal twice because there was a penalty on the first missed kick and that sent the game into over time where karns eventually lost. I still go with a karns win in this one but im making my score closer.

karns-21

halls-20

Advantage Halls, as long as Coach John is running the sidelines at Karns. Who in their right mind would go for 2 against Bearden with the score 14-13 with 9:00 minutes to go in the 4th and Karns at home. This has to be one of the dumbest moves a football coach could make. Why not kick the extra point, tie the score, and hope to get the ball back or worse go into overtime. Yes its great Karns can get the upset wins, but this is football 101.

825756207[/snapback]

I hadn't heard that there was 9 minutes left. That does sound odd unless maybe the kicker isn't reliable. But he had already made one that night.

Karns does have some good wins (AE, Morr. East) So they must be dangerous. Makes you wonder which Karns team will show up.

825756207[/snapback]

I agree with half of your comment. The choice to go for 2 with that much time left was a mistake. Whether you have the momentum or not, Karns was at home, and there was no reason to try and get a one point lead at that time.

Coach Fulkerson does deserve some credit for helping develop Karns into a competitive program that cannot be taken for granted anymore. If you underestimate Karns and think you will walk over them, you will lose. The next step is to improve the overall consistency of the teams play. Karns plays to there level of competition, which can provide nice upsets, but they also lose games they should win.

I haven’t got to watch the Red Devils in person, but have seen some film of the Sevier County game. I’m also familiar with some of the Halls players and I believe Karns will have their hands full come Friday night.

I’ve always liked Trey Lucas as an athlete and know that Tray can beat you many ways. Another player that looks impressive is Justin Reese. Justin runs hard and Halls uses him well on misdirection plays. He also comes at you hard on defense.

The Halls defense has good size and will provide problems for the Karns wishbone. The wishbone has not been at it’s best for the Beavers the last two weeks and will need to improve this week in practice to make it a game.

The Beavers defense has played better that I expected. A play or two here and there and the Beavers could have pitched a shutout or two. The Halls team is the best balanced attack that the Beavers have faced, so it will be interesting to see how they perform against Halls. If the Beaver offense can eat up some clock on their drives, it will help the defense.

Kicking…..Halls and almost all other teams have the advantage over the Beavers. I’m surprised that it has not hurt the Beavers as much as it should.

I hope the Beavers hang tough and make a game of it.

I agree with several of you when you say Bearden deserves alot of credit, which the coaches and players do. I also agree Coach John has done a great job in returning respect to "the stop light on Oak Ridge Highway", but the fact of the matter is a high school coach is hired to teach academics, teach football, and win a few games. Karns has to win the close games at home in order to change the complete attitudes of the community. When players play as hard as the Karns players did and their coach pulls a stunt like Coach John did Friday night, then the coach needs some more schooling on what to do when the score is 14-13 with 9:00 minutes to go in the 4th at home.

Halls Red Devils no respect? Does the Red Devils need bulletin board material for the Karns game. Has anyone read the News Sentinels Prep xtra top ten today. Seiver County #9 & Halls no mention at all. I though we beat Seiver County by 10 points 24-14 on the first game of the season. Are we now the Rodney Dangerfield of High School Football. Who does these polls anyway? We are 3-1 just like Seiver County but we lost to the News Sentinel's #3 team. Does this make any sense. William Blount at #10 will be short lived as Maryville comes calling friday night.

Halls Red Devils no respect? Does the Red Devils need bulletin board material for the Karns game. Has anyone read the News Sentinels Prep xtra top ten today. Seiver County #9 & Halls no mention at all. I though we beat Seiver County by 10 points 24-14 on the first game of the season. Are we now the Rodney Dangerfield of High School Football. Who does these polls anyway? We are 3-1 just like Seiver County but we lost to the News Sentinel's #3 team. Does this make any sense. William Blount at #10 will be short lived as Maryville comes calling friday night.

825757030[/snapback]

Why would any of these polls make sense? You can't use polls in football at any level. You can't compare two teams or any number of teams unless they have played identical schedules. Head to head doesn't always dictate the better team. My son's team lost to a team 20 - 0 in youth football only to tie the same team 2 weeks later. Then they played again the next week and my son's team won. My point is football is not a beauty contest and can't be treated like one. Someone always has an agenda. (Like selling more newspapers in the Sevier County area)

Take heart ZCAR at least we have a playoff system to prove who is the better team on the field unlike th insane NCAA.

The biggest problem with the High School System is the Classification System. Having teams that are unable to transfer in talent because of firm boundaries playing against teams that can welcome any amount of talent because it has an

"open zone" (Sigh) We live in an imperfect world. I am now getting off of my soap box.