Karns plays at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots of hard hitting.  Lots of running.  Halls passing game is pretty good when they use it.  Has is better.  Red Devils by 18 in this one.

825754432[/snapback]

This is definitely going to be a quick game. Both teams are running it 30,40,50 times a game and doing it successfully. The question to me is, which coaching staff adjusts correctly at halftime. I'm sure both teams will come out next friday with something up their sleeve, but who adjusts at the half. Halls is outscoring their opponents 45-20 in the second half...just wearing them down. Opponents appear to be jumping on Karns in the first and third quarters where the Beavers are being outscored 42-21. Look for Halls to move the ball up front and stay in between the tackles and Karns to run the option and try to get outside more. The edge goes to Halls up front on the defensive side of the ball as they are just big and definitely to Halls in the passing game. Any way you look at it...it's definitely going to be a great game. The question is...Is Halls big headed and Karns hungry after their loss or is Halls riding high and carrying the momentum while the Beavers are thinking about last week?

I think Halls schemes it well and wins this one 17-14.

this game is goin to be interesting. The beavers are a run first and pass only if you have to team. Halls is more of a balanced team that can do both. If halls finds a way to stop all of the misdirection plays that karns has installed this year it will be an easy win. But if karns defence comes to play than i see this game going to them. It will be close but one of these teams will pull away in the fourth.

Karns-27

Halls-17

While misdirection plays do concern me somewhat, I can't imagine that the front 4 and linebackers at Halls will not be up to the task of stopping the run. Their biggest weakness in my opinion is short to mid range passes and stopping extreme speed around the ends. I look for Halls to pitch a shutout. I will guess Halls to score 2 touchdowns and 1 Fg in a quick game.

Knoxville Halls 17 Karns 0

The coaches at HALLS have to let Trey Lucas pass in this game from 10 to 15 times at least. Whats the reason you say seeing the running game is going well. This is a perfect time for Lucas to work on his short & medium range passes. Even with him doing this my guess he is going to have around 40% to 50% accuracy with the personel he has now. If HALLS wants to really be a contender in the playoffs they have to mix it up a bit and by doing this the next two weeks it will give Lucas and the coaches confidence in any situation.Plus it helps our running game and will give our defense a much needed rest if we score as many points on Karns and Clinton as we did on Gibbs. For reference look at the Seiver County & Karns game stats. If we play it tight like the West game it will be close. If we spread the offense out a bit I think we win going away by 3 touchdowns. Our defense should handle the wishbone.

The coaches at HALLS have to let Trey Lucas pass in this game from 10 to 15 times at least. Whats the reason you say seeing the running game is going well. This is a perfect time for Lucas to work on his short & medium range passes. Even with him doing this my guess he is going to have around 40% to 50% accuracy with the personel he has now. If HALLS wants to really be a contender in the playoffs they have to mix it up a bit and by doing this the next two weeks it will give Lucas and the coaches confidence in any situation.Plus it helps our running game and will give our defense a much needed rest if we score as many points on Karns and Clinton as we did on Gibbs. For reference look at the Seiver County & Karns game stats. If we play it tight like the West game it will be close. If we spread the offense out a bit I think we win going away by 3 touchdowns. Our defense should handle the wishbone.

825755215[/snapback]

It can get frustrating on the sidelines watching Halls continue to run the ball and not show much balance. However, I was pretty frustrated when all of a sudden Halls threw a 60 yard TD pass against West. It seems that there is no balance but Halls is constantly looking for potential openings to throw the ball successfully.

I also noticed Halls is doing alot of roll out passes instead of drop back passes. I wonder if this is due to the type passer Trey Lucas is or if they have protection problems.

Good post Fairplay. I as you get frustrated a bit. I think Lucas has great ability to do more if he is allowed and that could be due to him being a roll out passer over a drop back passer. But I did notice he threw that touchdown against the side he was rolling to. Thats a strong arm to be able to do that. I do like to see the game plan used against Gibbs & Central the best. Still, It was a great win and that is what matters the most.