Wayne Co. @ Mt. Pleasant

neutralobserver

:thumb: LOW BLOW! Can't read? I will state this one more time, I do not have a problem with the coaching staff! Let me also make this clear to you, if any of my kids don't get enough playing time in a sport, they will have to look back at their performance, it is understood in my home that a position is earned by merrit, be it football, baseball, softball or basketball. I will not be a stink up parent to get my kids playtime in any sport, nor will I give a coach lessons, he is the coach, he doesn't need my help unless he asks, I think there are enough sideline coaches. If I thought my child or any other child was being mistreated though, I as an adult feel at ease to speak respectfully to that coach. This is not about my kids, leave them out of it. Now that I have set the record straight on this post, let me crawl back under the rocks with the other crawfish.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to send out an apolgy on this post. I was the first to question JWD's "issue" comment. I'm sorry JWD. As I look back every fan has a right to question and that is what he did. He did not bash coaches or players, he just questioned some things, and as a fan he has that right. And as a fan, I have the right to say that I don't see a need to question anything. I look back at the athletes and coaches we have had for the past two and a half years, we are 25-5 with a perfect 10-0 regular season and quarterfinal appearance (first round in the first year) and I think we have only lost at home twice in that span. Remember, this was not a power house program when the Smith "era" began. He took over a program with consecutive losing seasons with the last one before he took over at 0-10. I guess what I'm saying is we all see things differently, but thats what makes living in America great and living in Mt. pleasant even better. And no matter what, we should all be pround of being part of the Tiger fan base. We should never let anyones opinions or "issues" keep us from supporting the greatest team in Maury Co. and in the state of Tennessee. So now I give my final thought on this post as well JWD. Coaches keep working hard, players keep playing harder. A win is a win by 1 or 50. If you play your best I don't think anyone in 1A can play with Tigers from "Rat" town. You have to believe that. I know my son does.

P.S. If anyone comes after you JWD with a wet noodle, let me know I got your back. LOL :thumb:

You nailed it junglefever, I didn't think JWD meant anything negative in his post, he was just kinda pointing out the obvious that we still haven't played our best game and the players and coaches know that. There are a few fans that think we should beat everybody by 30+ and we are certeinly capable of it on any given night, but we are also capable of let downs i.e. (Cascade last year) But for the most part most fans realize a win is a win, and WC was a pretty darn good team and we managed a 11 point victory. I do fell like we could have a little more fan participation especially when the other team has it on 3rd down, its like we kinda take those young men for granted sometimes and we are all guilty of it, nothing gets your blood going quicker than a big crowd on their feet driving you on, thats what makes the jungle the jungle. But their is no doubt that the coaches, parents, and fans don't love this team, most of us live for Friday nights in the fall, I know that I do. And we certeinly need to thank every sponser that donates a dime they make a lot of things possible as do parents and coaches. We have got a lot to be proud of with this football team so lets go to C'Wood and take care of business and like TIGERPRIDE said there is a pretty good football team up the road that is very underrated, how much fun would that be week 9 playing for the Region crown in the jungle against your arch rival. Lets just take care of business this week. And last but not least please remember if you ain't a tiger your TIGERBAIT.