Powell vs. Knox Central

HTV--did Courtney get hurt? That was a big hit that Longworth got on him the start of the 2nd half. He is a very hard runner. I don't remember seeing him after that. Also, do you have some real stats for the game. The article in the paper will say one thing and the stats they print say something different.

All in all, it was another region win for the Bobcats. Powell has a big game with West. That game will go a long way in determining whos in and whos out and in what position.

I can't tell you. I wasn't at last night's game. I am in New York visiting with my son at West Point. I had a fill in last night. I've heard a couple of things, but i'm not going to comment one way or the other until I know for sure.

Powell can lock down the number 3 spot in the region with a win against West, if i'm seeing everything correctly. They would have the tiebreaker over Halls and West both in that senario. The only way they miss the playoffs, again if i'm seeing things right, would be to lose to both West and Clinton, both games at home.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell you. I wasn't at last night's game. I am in New York visiting with my son at West Point. I had a fill in last night. I've heard a couple of things, but i'm not going to comment one way or the other until I know for sure.

Powell can lock down the number 3 spot in the region with a win against West, if i'm seeing everything correctly. They would have the tiebreaker over Halls and West both in that senario. The only way they miss the playoffs, again if i'm seeing things right, would be to lose to both West and Clinton, both games at home.

If Powell beats West..Powell's 3rd without a doubt...Clinton would theoretically be a non-factor game.

But actually, if West were to beat Powell...Halls Powell and West would all have the same region record assuming things panned out like they should with Halls losing to Maryville and beating SD. Powell beat Halls, Halls beat West and If west were to beat Powell...it'd be a 3-way tie for 3rd in the region. I believe the tie breakers go as follows...

Head to head (would be a tie)

Overall record (Halls would lead that)

Greatest number of wins over opponents with 50% or better and so on..

We don't even need to go on down the line..

If it's a 3-way tie...Powell misses the playoffs.

Here's why!

Halls would have the better record of the 3...thus they would be placed in 3rd.

Now, Halls is out of the picture because they're already in third...so you start the tie breaker system over and go back to head to head...thus, if West beats Powell...West is in.

Edited by PowerVolumeTone

From what i saw courntey didnt get hurt it showed him on TV yelling at coach stephens to put him in COurntey got in the coaches face so they sat him for running his mouth.

Huff did great I think hes a much better back he should be getting the start

Courntey would be a great FB but shouldnt be the main runner IMO

special teams need some work thats for sure

Look at the numbers buddy and tell me that Jay shouldnt be the starter. He runs with a lot of heart and determination and no one should be able to take that away from him.

If Powell beats West..Powell's 3rd without a doubt...Clinton would theoretically be a non-factor game.

But actually, if West were to beat Powell...Halls Powell and West would all have the same region record assuming things panned out like they should with Halls losing to Maryville and beating SD. Powell beat Halls, Halls beat West and If west were to beat Powell...it'd be a 3-way tie for 3rd in the region. I believe the tie breakers go as follows...

Head to head (would be a tie)

Overall record (Halls would lead that)

Greatest number of wins over opponents with 50% or better and so on..

We don't even need to go on down the line..

If it's a 3-way tie...Powell misses the playoffs.

Here's why!

Halls would have the better record of the 3...thus they would be placed in 3rd.

Now, Halls is out of the picture because they're already in third...so you start the tie breaker system over and go back to head to head...thus, if West beats Powell...West is in.

Good informative post......... PVT :thumb:

Look at the numbers buddy and tell me that Jay shouldnt be the starter. He runs with a lot of heart and determination and no one should be able to take that away from him.

Coutney is a good RB, but has a bad mouth and runs it way too much, A player should never get into the coaches face and tell the coach when to play them. I lost a lot of respect for him the other nightt

Other guy that said something about watts quitting please explain what your talking about.

Coutney is a good RB, but has a bad mouth and runs it way too much, A player should never get into the coaches face and tell the coach when to play them. I lost a lot of respect for him the other nightt

Other guy that said something about watts quitting please explain what your talking about.

Hey buddy unless you know the whole story then dont get on here and start bashing another player. If you ask me it was the wrong move by the coaches and I have lost all respect for them after what they did do the young player. You probably dont even know the young man and i know that he has respect for everyone he meets. They are high school players and you cant expect a high school player not to make a mistake. When you are not having a good night you start to get frustrated and the coaches saw the one opportunity they had and put it that one player b/c of a simple mistake that he had made. Call it a miscommunication.

Well you know where Courtney learned that from don't you. Just watch Lee and Cody the coaches act like they are scared to say anything to those too about the chest pounding and crossing the arms when they made a tackle. Well we did not see any of that last Friday did we. And please somebody tell me how a line as big as Powell's could be so sorry. Guess it comes down to coaching ????

Hey buddy unless you know the whole story then dont get on here and start bashing another player. If you ask me it was the wrong move by the coaches and I have lost all respect for them after what they did do the young player. You probably dont even know the young man and i know that he has respect for everyone he meets. They are high school players and you cant expect a high school player not to make a mistake. When you are not having a good night you start to get frustrated and the coaches saw the one opportunity they had and put it that one player b/c of a simple mistake that he had made. Call it a miscommunication.

I know a lot more then you could assume there dear friend. :( Lee is a good friend of mine, and i have talked to him about this a couple times. So dont worry about it. Jay lost his cool, no matter what happens you shouldnt get into a coaches face no matter what the sitiation, And yes i do know jay thanks though

I know a lot more then you could assume there dear friend. :( Lee is a good friend of mine, and i have talked to him about this a couple times. So dont worry about it. Jay lost his cool, no matter what happens you shouldnt get into a coaches face no matter what the sitiation, And yes i do know jay thanks though