Davidson Academy 28 Tipton Rosemark 0

DIVISIONII

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidson looked good. They are a very physical team with some pretty good speed. Passing game looked somewhat weak.

Overall they did a great job. Swapped in fresh players keeping everyones legs ready to go. They will be tough in the playoffs.

I think they suprised tipon and everyone else. I had said their offense took on a new look week 7 and speed is in there. Their pass is still there but why use it. Its hard to stop their run even with 11 in the box. I said 42 to 12. 28 -0 final. close on spread

DII

Dont think much of a surprise. Rosemark knew Davidson had big line and was good team. Rosemark did not have many of their regular players so they knew not much of a chance. But davidson can beat bryne and Facs for sure if they use 25. they didnot use him much and I did not know why not. He is very very good - speed cutting and all that. can break tackles and get through. Game pretty close thru first half - scored right before the half - just seconds away from half score was only 7 -0 which was good for what Rosemark had on the field compared to what Davidson had on field. That will also help davidson - the fact they got so much depth to positions. all other Div 11 A schools don't have that - so I think they should win Championship easy. QB had some speed running also but didnt throw much. Have to watch for interceptions if throw on next 2 games so I'd keep up the running. Will get further that way if use 25 against FACS and Byrne.

I think they suprised tipon and everyone else. I had said their offense took on a new look week 7 and speed is in there. Their pass is still there but why use it. Its hard to stop their run even with 11 in the box. I said 42 to 12. 28 -0 final. close on spread

Were you at the game. Ok 7-0 until the 2nd quater with about 20 seconds to go, the corner for rosemark gets i guess he was confused about the coverage, and gets beat by 2 or 3 steps, and they score, 14-0 at the half. Rosemark twice got into the redzone, and killed themself with a penalty and a turnover, so you we shot ourself in the foot. Davidson had about the same amount of rush yards as anyone else agianst rosemarks deffense. And their passing game, did hurt but wasnt as good as i was told. rosemark had about the whole team going both ways with those that didnt start on both sides, switching in and out with others. Against a physical team like that, you get tired alot quicker than these other teams in D-2 A that are just quick. But you know they kept their first team D in the whole game, same with their O, just switching in some players alot to keep them fresh. But you know theirs nothing that can be done with that. Rosemark wasnt suprised at all, we knew that it was going to be the best team we were going to play all year. And we played as hard as we could for as long as we could, and it wasnt enough. I know this sounds like an exuse but its the truth, I played as hard as i could for as long as i could, and i know many others on my team did too. Its that our team has faced alot of adversity, this season with personel, and it doesnt help morale of the team any at all, and we lose good players, like 3 big men we really need this past friday. And one of our players got hurt that night, and hes gone for the season so this makes 7, so far, all who started or was rotated in. And theirs people that are playing through pain on our team too. But you know im gonna continue on to play, these next 2 games for us are important, im gonna try hard in these next 2, cause they gotta be wins, if we wanna go to the playoffs, and start over agian. Edited by the muffin man

Were you at the game. Ok 7-0 until the 2nd quater with about 20 seconds to go, the corner for rosemark gets i guess he was confused about the coverage, and gets beat by 2 or 3 steps, and they score, 14-0 at the half. Rosemark twice got into the redzone, and killed themself with a penalty and a turnover, so you we shot ourself in the foot. Davidson had about the same amount of rush yards as anyone else agianst rosemarks deffense. And their passing game, did hurt but wasnt as good as i was told. rosemark had about the whole team going both ways with those that didnt start on both sides, switching in and out with others. Against a physical team like that, you get tired alot quicker than these other teams in D-2 A that are just quick. But you know they kept their first team D in the whole game, same with their O, just switching in some players alot to keep them fresh. But you know theirs nothing that can be done with that. Rosemark wasnt suprised at all, we knew that it was going to be the best team we were going to play all year. And we played as hard as we could for as long as we could, and it wasnt enough. I know this sounds like an exuse but its the truth, I played as hard as i could for as long as i could, and i know many others on my team did too. Its that our team has faced alot of adversity, this season with personel, and it doesnt help morale of the team any at all, and we lose good players, like 3 big men we really need this past friday. And one of our players got hurt that night, and hes gone for the season so this makes 7, so far, all who started or was rotated in. And theirs people that are playing through pain on our team too. But you know im gonna continue on to play, these next 2 games for us are important, im gonna try hard in these next 2, cause they gotta be wins, if we wanna go to the playoffs, and start over agian.

Tipton played wtih heart. And yes it may have been 28-0 and 25 got one called back but to me it was a battle. 31 got hurt I do believe. I hope he is ok. He was a hard runner and player.

Hats off the Tipton for playing so hard.

DII

Tipton played wtih heart. And yes it may have been 28-0 and 25 got one called back but to me it was a battle. 31 got hurt I do believe. I hope he is ok. He was a hard runner and player.

Hats off the Tipton for playing so hard.

DII

Thanks, sry i got a lil fustrated up there. No, 31 is out, were down to 22 players or sumthin like that now. So we gotta make due with what we got.

Thanks, sry i got a lil fustrated up there. No, 31 is out, were down to 22 players or sumthin like that now. So we gotta make due with what we got.

Every week is a battle. You have a team with alot of heart there. Do not give up!!

Friday nite is Friday nite and what is behind is gone. Play hard and i wish Tipton well

DII

Bill kelley was a good player and im sorry he got hurt, im a lineman and he is one of the strongest guys ive had to block all year. he is a good player and didnt talked crap or anything even when we were beating them(even though we lost) he told me good job things like that

All i have to say is that Davidson is a decent team playing against well below average teams in DII-A. Thats the nicest way to say it.

Hey Pope,

Just out of curiousity, what team are you with? Do you play or are you a spectator? How much do you know about Divsion IIA? How much do you know about the teams that compete in this division?

Everyone competes in their respective division based on school size. Rosemark is indeed a small school and competes very well for their school size. Making a statement such as yours is demeaning to those who work hard day in and day out. As for me, I'm a spectator who enjoys watching the game.

Now with all of that being said, let's talk about divisions and championships. Today's world is overcrowded with championships at too many levels. Let's take summer baseball(youth), did you know that there are over 75 organizations who crown WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS in multiple levels within each age group? Youth baseball crowns over 250 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS in each age division each year. Talk about washing things out.

Now take the state of Tennessee. There are two levels who could actually call themselves STATE CHAMPS at the end of the 2005 season. That would be the Division I 5A Champ and the Division II AAA Champ. I also believe that those two teams should play at the end of the playoffs to determine who is truely number one on the state.

If we then take that as an absolute, then unless you come from either a Division I 5A or Division II AAA school, then you would be supporting or playing for a below average team in a below average division!

BACK AT YA!!!!!