6 Oakdale my surprise team

7 coalfield

8 midway

9 Greenback

10 Oneida

11 Sunbright

12 grace

I could be way off on these but I do really think i am close on the top 5

I was told Wartburg was going to be really good but with 3 starters gone and the 1st or 2nd man off the bench from last year gone this my be a wait and see kind of thing

Edited by NXT TOUR

It is too early to tell if it will hurt or help. Only time will tell. Brad Flatford, the old coach at Cosby, who left to go to Carter, is a very good basketball coach. He will be hard to replace, however, people seem to like the new coach so far. Again, time will tell.

I agree with Oakdale being a surprise team...but I don't call it a surprise this year. They surprised teams last year, and this year, they might be expected to do better than a year ago.

I see where Oliver Springs was 5th on your list. Quite possibly, but I feel they may be alittle better than that.

Oneida loses almost every thing it had last year, and will be looking forward to rebuilding... their success comes on how well the younger players step up and how soon. Similar to Harriman last year.

SPeaking of Harriman, a very talented team. Could possibly be the champions if they get on the right track and the right time.

But, still the tops of the Region will go to a 3 way battle with Rockwood, Cosby, and Wartburg... what a Region tournament it will be!

I think as of now, the top 3 look to be Cosby, Rockwood and Wartburg, they are the early favs. Teams such as Harriman and OS are on the outside looking in as far as top 3. Both have the talent to be there, but they both need to take down the big dogs to earn it. The rest seem a little under those five but by all means, they all can win against the top 5 at anytime, but I'm not sure if they can do it consistantly.

Cosby is stacked with talent. Don't know if one ball is going to be enough to go around. Didnt loose much talent last year, so this year is looking to be good. Need to find a true point guard. The Lowe twins are one option, but struggle with ball handling. Todd Jenkins is another option, but you don't want him tied up with ball handling duties, he is too good of a shooter for that. The same for Dexter Manning. Timmy Blakely is going to be a horse inside. I think they need to get him the ball more this year. Last year they played long ball, and Timmy didn't get the ball much inside.

New coach Richard Coggins is a good fit. He is from the area and knows the kids from seeing them grow up. He was the assistant coach last year, so the kids know him. I think the administration at Cosby made a smart move by giving the job to him. They have too much talent to have to worry about breaking in a new coach who doesnt know the kids.

GO COSBY!!!!

Warburg will be tough with Both Shannon's leading the way. Jeremy is a great player with really good ball handling skills. Dj will become a force inside along With Jason Melton. Ray plays great D and Nelson is so quick to the basket he is hard to guard. Also got good talent off the bench. Wartburg beat AE during the summer by about 6. Rockwood will most likely be 2 with a good team returning. I think losing Payne will help rockwood because he never really produced in the big games. Rockwoods top players most likely Gilmore and Hackler. Harriman is my surprise team with alot of talent and speed. I dont know much about Cosby but they will have to play hard to beat Wartburg or Rockwood. I also dont know much about OS but i do know that they will be surprised this year going back down to 1A.

Edited by philip2003