District 9a

vanbureneagle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited to see whats going to happen in the new districts! I am a huge Chapel Hill fan and will miss 11A... There were some great years there! But the new district will be very fun! Chapel Hill, to me, should be very tough... They are deeper this year than they have been in a very long while! They have Corey Shankle back... He averaged 19 pts and 11 boards last year and was the top scorer in 11A and the only player in 11A to make all region team... They also have Chandler Gentry, a solid point guard, and Ryan Ezell, big man inside back! They lost Matt Byrd but are replaceing him with two very scrappy players.. Peyton Pratt and Brian Whitley... There are two more guys that should be a good surprise this year on Chapel Hill's Squad..... Mike Minor, great defender and slasher... And there shoot guard Chase B.... Streaky shooter and another stopper on D... This kid is lights out when he is on...

This team is loaded with Jr's and Soph's that all played last year! They will be experienced this year and def. a team that will have to be reconed with!

Lets hear some more about the other teams in D9A... I know nothing about any of the new guys!

Well let's see... we lost a college player in Allen Rigsby but our other 2 seniors were role players so... We return 6 kids who started at different times last year on a team that finished 2nd in the district and was one half away from sub state... we have 2 players back who were all-district (one of which was all region as a freshman)... we have 6 players who are 6'3 or 6'4 (4 of them can play the wing or the post)... really at this point though who knows?... i do think though that having the district tournament up on the mountain at our place though is an advantage for us... at least, i think i heard a buddy in class say it was being held here... if I'm wrong about that somebody correct me...

District Tournament will be held at Van Buren this year. Should be an interesting year for the V.B. Eagles. Coach Sullivan has made great strides the past 2 years.

There was a sighting of a team playing defense and rebounding last year. We left a tough district and will be the new kid on the block this year. Hard to make predictions, but I like our chances with experience and good athletes returning from last year's team.

Not meaning this in the wrong way but Van Buren is the toughest place i have ever played in. It doesn't matter if therare 5 or 500 people there u can't hear anything.I can only imagine how loud it will be with district being held there this year.

I know I speak for everyone on "the mountain" when I say we appreciate that very much. We take it as a compliment. Hopefully, you will enjoy it even more this year as we are adding a pep band!!

District Tournament will be held at Van Buren this year. Should be an interesting year for the V.B. Eagles. Coach Sullivan has made great strides the past 2 years.

There was a sighting of a team playing defense and rebounding last year. We left a tough district and will be the new kid on the block this year. Hard to make predictions, but I like our chances with experience and good athletes returning from last year's team.

Yeah I heard that at the district meeting that the administrators and coaches from Eagleville, Chapel Hill, and Unionville were kissing up to u boys from Van Buren Co. That whatever yall wanted yall got and it didnt matter what anyone else thought about it either.

I really wish that the district tournaments were all played at a neutral site. I know last year district 11 was at Motlow and that was an awesome experience for both the kids and the fans. Would like to see that happen more often.

Good luck to all and maybe someone might not let a new school walk all over them as u 3 did in the spring meetings. :thumb:

Yeah I heard that at the district meeting that the administrators and coaches from Eagleville, Chapel Hill, and Unionville were kissing up to u boys from Van Buren Co. That whatever yall wanted yall got and it didnt matter what anyone else thought about it either.

I really wish that the district tournaments were all played at a neutral site. I know last year district 11 was at Motlow and that was an awesome experience for both the kids and the fans. Would like to see that happen more often.

Good luck to all and maybe someone might not let a new school walk all over them as u 3 did in the spring meetings. :thumb:

That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... first of all not all of our coaches went to the meetings because one of our coaches had just gotten married and was on his honeymoon when they had the meeting... I know he was excited to hear that we had it, but it's ridiculous to post that our administration walked over someone to get the district... if that was case i'm sure we would have done some of that "pushing around" in our old district to not have to go to watertown every year for that district tournament... get your facts straight... yes neutral sites are great... i'm sure our coaches would be fine with that... but that's not what happened.

I think I speak for everyon in 8A when I say "we're glad Van Buren is gone."

They have tremendous talent returning and would be the obvious favorite if still in our district. They would be right up there with Clay as the favorites for the region. Good luck to you guys in your new district.

Here, Here. Well said. The boys from "the mountain" as they like to refer to it, should be very good this year. I may travel up just to watch the clay county game.