Unicoi County Basketball 05-06

just_a_fan

Lets have some class on this one guys, don't let it get closed. People have opinions, thats all it is. No reason in getting upset about it. And most of you people that were the reason that the other one got closed, is probably from unicoi. you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for putting down players, especially from your own high school. the boys from last years team, did there best in taking you guys to the state. half of you probably played basketball with them. and here you are talking about there game and how bad they did. thats so disrespectful. im sure if they were on here, they would be routing you guys on, not putting you down. just think before you type.

Should we see a group better than last years team. A team that can be a contender in the state tourny? Or will we see a team get knocked out by a darkhorse.

My opinion, the devils have a huge possibility of being district, regional and even substate champs. BUT, when you boys start winning games, don't let it get to your head. Anybody can win on any given night, don't forget that. Play with heart and determination and you'll get there. You were just one game away last year.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have some class on this one guys, don't let it get closed. People have opinions, thats all it is. No reason in getting upset about it. And most of you people that were the reason that the other one got closed, is probably from unicoi. you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves for putting down players, especially from your own high school. the boys from last years team, did there best in taking you guys to the state. half of you probably played basketball with them. and here you are talking about there game and how bad they did. thats so disrespectful. im sure if they were on here, they would be routing you guys on, not putting you down. just think before you type.

Should we see a group better than last years team. A team that can be a contender in the state tourny? Or will we see a team get knocked out by a darkhorse.

My opinion, the devils have a huge possibility of being district, regional and even substate champs. BUT, when you boys start winning games, don't let it get to your head. Anybody can win on any given night, don't forget that. Play with heart and determination and you'll get there. You were just one game away last year.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

No doubt people have issues on here, thats what coacht is all about. Devils will do good this season. But if the conference still had central, volunteer and hampton. Then it would be a lot tougher road for the devils.

Who are the best players in the conference?

Edited by bluedevils#1

The devils are looking good this year yes the senior last year were good and did take us toSUB state but this year we have players comeing up that can fill there shoes VERY well without any problems of coarse they are gona have a tough game in the sub state this year but that is high school basketball everyone has a boundry to get over but without a doubt the devils will get past it this team is as good of a team to come out of erwin they are State BOUND if ur not a beliver come to the games you will see the devils a virtulaly unbeatable in the DEN that is the atmospher they like to play with they have the BLUE NATION at there backs and cant be STOPPED no team can step in to the UCHS gym and overcome the fan support and the tallent on the court.

A SILVERS

Well really Unicoi should go to state this year. I really don't see anyone who could give them a real problem. Alcoa would probably be a tough matchup for you all. I believe that you all are really going to miss Corn. If I would have to look back, he was a big part in your all's success. Shooting the three is were you all will be lacking this year. It seems like Hardin could break out and make a ton on you, but I have only seen him do it one time in summer ball. I really don't understand how you didn't beat AE, I really thought you would be able to take it to them. Maybe you all will get another chance?

Well really Unicoi should go to state this year. I really don't see anyone who could give them a real problem. Alcoa would probably be a tough matchup for you all. I believe that you all are really going to miss Corn. If I would have to look back, he was a big part in your all's success. Shooting the three is were you all will be lacking this year. It seems like Hardin could break out and make a ton on you, but I have only seen him do it one time in summer ball. I really don't understand how you didn't beat AE, I really thought you would be able to take it to them. Maybe you all will get another chance?

Unicoi lost to Austin-East 71-46 how do you figure that they were even in the game? Take at look at the region. Alcoa has 4 starters back, A-E lost some kids but they ALWAYS have talent and this years group is MORE athletic than last years starters. Fulton stockpiles their athletes, Knoxville Catholic, who swept Alcoa last year, is coming off back to back state tournament appearances and have 3 starters back and a deadly shooting sophmore in Ryan Walden. CAK is big and Loudon (though underachievers) is athletic. I haven't even mentioned Anderson County. Unicoi better have a lot of team speed, because all of those teams except for CAK really push the ball and attack on defense.

• 3 weeks later...

its still early on the regular season hasnt even started yet and even withwhite and weaver not playin their best the devils have had alot of people step it up like drew rice, travis hensley, ben hardin, jessee mcormic, and ryan scott and with all of them playin good its been easy for us so far so just wait till white and weaver start gettin it together they are gonna be one good team