Region 4-3A All region picks

tiredsportsfan

Guest catfish-hunter

The coaches make the decisions :rolleyes:

Region MVP: Michael Dallas (Macon Co.)

Offensive MVP: Ricky Ladd (White House)

Defensive MVP: Devan Robertson (Greenbrier)

Quarterback: DeAunte Mason (Pearl-Cohn), Kyle Herndon (Greenbrier)

Running Back: Bobby Council (Pearl-Cohn), Randall Toney (Station Camp)

Wide Receiver: Josh Graham (Pearl-Cohn), Austin Lohin (Sycamore)

Offensive Line: Dale Krisle (Greenbrier), Charles Sparkman (Pearl-Cohn)

Defensive Line: Robert Nevels (Pearl-Cohn), C.J. Morris (Sycamore)

Linebackers: Johnathan Hudson (Macon Co.), Jem Moore (Sycamore)

Defensive Backs: John Clanton (Sycamore), Deonta Johnson (Pearl-Cohn)

Kicker: Justin Billingsley (Sycamore)

Punter: Josh Howe (DeKalb Co.)

MY HARDEST PICK IN THIS REGION WAS THE DEFENSIVE MVP. JOHNATHAN HUDSON IS AMONG THE MIDSTATE'S LEADERS IN TACKLES BUT DEVAN ROBERTSON IS THE BEST INTERIOR LINEMAN ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FOOTBALL IN THIS REGION. HE GETS THE VOTE BECAUSE HIS TEAM WON THE REGION TITLE.

The coaches make the decisions :blink:

Region MVP: Michael Dallas (Macon Co.)

Offensive MVP: Ricky Ladd (White House)

Defensive MVP: Devan Robertson (Greenbrier)

Quarterback: DeAunte Mason (Pearl-Cohn), Kyle Herndon (Greenbrier)

Running Back: Bobby Council (Pearl-Cohn), Randall Toney (Station Camp)

Wide Receiver: Josh Graham (Pearl-Cohn), Austin Lohin (Sycamore)

Offensive Line: Dale Krisle (Greenbrier), Charles Sparkman (Pearl-Cohn)

Defensive Line: Robert Nevels (Pearl-Cohn), C.J. Morris (Sycamore)

Linebackers: Johnathan Hudson (Macon Co.), Jem Moore (Sycamore)

Defensive Backs: John Clanton (Sycamore), Deonta Johnson (Pearl-Cohn)

Kicker: Justin Billingsley (Sycamore)

Punter: Josh Howe (DeKalb Co.)

MY HARDEST PICK IN THIS REGION WAS THE DEFENSIVE MVP. JOHNATHAN HUDSON IS AMONG THE MIDSTATE'S LEADERS IN TACKLES BUT DEVAN ROBERTSON IS THE BEST INTERIOR LINEMAN ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FOOTBALL IN THIS REGION. HE GETS THE VOTE BECAUSE HIS TEAM WON THE REGION TITLE.

I violated my own rule by even looking at your post but I had to see what kinda grap you were putting out.

You have Pearl Cohn listed with 6 players in the top spots

Sycamore with 5 players

Greenbrier with 3 players

dekalb with 1

macon with 2

Whitehouse with 1

Station Camp with 1

You are so biased with your opinion that it is ridicules. Greenbrier finished 1st and only has 3 players listed and the Wareagles have 5. Where did your War Eagles Finish this year. They may be loaded for next year but this is here and now.Those players are good but I don't know if they could start for the some of the top four teams in the region. This is not indended as a slam on the Sycamore kids but a slam on your thinking. You have slammed alot of good Whitehouse, Greenbrier, Macon, Station Camp, Pearl Cohn and Dekalb players with your list. Stick to the mic BUDDY in region 5 3a...your opinion in region 4 3-a is just that ...your opinion. how many region 4 3a games have you watched.... Stats don't tell the whole story.

Sorry for the step out back to the ignore button.

Edited by uawake2

Guest catfish-hunter

I violated my own rule by even looking at your post but I had to see what kinda grap you were putting out.

You have Pearl Cohn listed with 6 players in the top spots

Sycamore with 5 players

Greenbrier with 3 players

dekalb with 1

macon with 2

Whitehouse with 1

Station Camp with 1

You are so biased with your opinion that it is ridicules. Greenbrier finished 1st and only has 3 players listed and the Wareagles have 5. Where did your War Eagles Finish this year. They may be loaded for next year but this is here and now.Those players are good but I don't know if they could start for the some of the top four teams in the region. This is not indended as a slam on the Sycamore kids but a slam on your thinking. You have slammed alot of good Whitehouse, Greenbrier, Macon, Station Camp, Pearl Cohn and Dekalb players with your list. Stick to the mic BUDDY in region 5 3a...your opinion in region 4 3-a is just that ...your opinion. how many region 4 3a games have you watched.... Stats don't tell the whole story.

Sorry for the step out back to the ignore button.

"biased"???? You truly are an idiot :blink:

Why is Michael Dallas the region MVP??? He has rushed for more yards than any other back in the region and when you play Macon Co. you have to gameplan your defense around him. He has carried a team that nobody gave a shot in the preseason to a playoff appearance.

Ricky Ladd is the offensive MVP. He is the second best back in the region and like Dallas he plays on an offense that isn't very good without him in the lineup. I suppose you think Troy Dill or Justin Pigg is better than Ladd huh????

Devan Robertson is the defensive MVP. He dominates the line of scrimmage, except for the Cheatham Co. game, and disrupts all of the Bobcats opponents. I know you like this pick because he plays for Greenbrier.

Mason is the best quarterback in the region, hands down. He has thrown for more yards than any other quarterback and ran for more yards than any other quarterback in the region. His 8TD passes is first in the region, yes even more than Kyle Herndon.

Bobby Council is the third best back in the region, but since the top two are already gone he is the MVP running back in the region. He outrushed your boys Dill and Pigg and found the endzone more times than both of them. That's why he gets the nod. Randall Toney also rushed for 1,000 yards this year.

Josh Graham caught 28 passes for 520 yards and 4TD's. I don't think anyone else in the region can say that. He is the best receiver in the region, period.

Offensive line is a Greenbrier player so I guess you are happy there :P

Defensive Line wise Robertson is already gone so who was left???? Nevels is the best lineman in the region outside of Robertson and quite frankly he has the skill to be better than Robertson when he plays to his potential.

Johnathan Hudson is the linebacker because he is second in the entire midstate in tackles. The first place guy is not from Greenbrier, so therefore a Greenbrier player was not better than Hudson.

John Clanton did play for a 4-6 team but he is the best DB in the region. He had 5INT's this year and 3 were in Sycamore's big week one upset against Marshall Co., a pretty good passing attack. I watched the Greenbrier-Marshall Co. film and I do not recall a Bobcat DB picking off Gower three times in that game.

Justin Billingsley is the best kicker in the region. Anyone who argues that is simply retarded.

Why was the punter a DeKalb Co. player???? DeKalb's offense was horrible this year so he got to kick a whole lot. A player from EVERY TEAM has to be named all-region so who better to go from DeKalb than the punter ;)

Coach of the Year: Kirk Williams replaced a bunch of talent that graduated and brought home a region title. Maurice Fitzgerald had his team overcome tragedy and PC is hosting. Neither of them win the award. The coach is Cook from Macon Co. Nobody had the Tigers in the playoffs back in August but he has done a great job of getting the most out of those kids.

I SUPPOSE YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE A GREENBRIER SWEEP BECAUSE THEY WON THE REGION TITLE. THAT IS NOT THE CASE BUDDY BECAUSE ALL-REGION IS NOT DETERMINED BY REGION TITLES. ALL-REGION IS DETERMINED BY THE BEST INDUVIDUAL PLAYERS IN THE REGION. GREENBRIER IS A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM BUT THE INDUVIDUAL STATISTICS GO AGAINST THEM WHEN IT COMES TO HANDING OUT THE AWARDS AFTER CHRISTMAS :blink:

Once again, you are an idiot. Stop quoting the posts since you stated a while back that you would not read them. As for Region 4-3A teams here are the games I saw this year:

Greenbrier at Marshall Co.- FILM

DeKalb Co. at Greenbrier- FILM

Marshall Co. at Sycamore- FILM

Sycamore at Station Camp- FILM

Sycamore at Creek Wood- FILM

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.- IN PERSON

Greenbrier at Cheatham Co. - IN PERSON

White House at Greenbrier- TELEVISION RECORDING LAST FRIDAY NIGHT

Station Camp at Pearl-Cohn- IN PERSON LAST THURSDAY NIGHT

That means I saw every team either on a television screen OR in person, with the lone exception being Macon Co. I guess that I just should have left Michael Dallas off the list because I didn't see him play in person this year. I should ignore his 1,700 rushing yards and replace him with Dill or Pigg to avoid hurting your feelings anymore okay uawake2. He is overrated because you say so you football guru.

Did I say idiot??? If not then I'll close this post by saying YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

i will not read what the guru of football has wrote...

I will just hope he can find a region 5 board to post on....

Sycamore with 5 picks just shows how biased the picks are.

I will have to say after looking at some of the other picks I will agree (MVP) with some and I believe there are several lineman (on different teams) who could qualify for MVP. I still just don't see 5 from sycamore when they are a 5th place team that only scored 78 points to Region opponets and 41 of those points were on Dekalb co.

I can agree to disagree with you on this one.

In my humble opinion Catfish is off base here. I still have not read his last two posts but I just know this guy. He will lie. He will change his name because he overloads his cbarkley mouth. Maybe one day he will give up the catfish name also. The good thing about all of this is that he doesn’t get to vote about anything.

Neither do I.

I will almost bet that there will not be 5 sycamore players voted as MVP of their position. Just to many good athletes in those position in this region.

Congratulations to all those in the playoffs. I wish that you were as good as (some people think) those not in the playoffs.

Guys, guys, guys,

didn't intend to get anything started just wanted to get some opinions! I too agree with some of your picks Catfish but believe White House & Station Camp will have a couple of more players and maybe Sycamore & Pearl Cohn less. How was Dekalb's punter? Do they have anyone else to pick?

In today local paper Station Camp's punter Josh Barnes took the Sumner County with 26 punts for 1,067 with a 41.0 avg. White House finished 2nd with 22 punts, 854 total 38.8 avg.

Ricky Ladd (WHHS) was first in county rushing with 1,330 yds and Randal Toney (SCHS) 2nd with 1,021.

Anyone know when the picks are made / announced?

• 3 weeks later...

Per Jeff Porter, head coach at White House High School, here is the 2005 All-Region 4-3A Team with award winners. This information has been emailed to all media outlets covering the teams in Middle Tennessee.

MVP: Justin Pigg, Greenbrier

Offensive Player of the Year: Ricky Ladd, White House

Defensive Player of the Year: Jem Moore, Sycamore

Off. Line/TE Award: Charles Sparkman, Pearl-Cohn

Def. Line/DE Award: Devan Robertson, Greenbrier

Offensive Back Award: Michael Dallas, Macon Co.

Defensive Back Award: Austin Lohin, Sycamore

Linebacker Award: Dale Krisle, Greenbrier

Returner Award: Logan Abernathy, White House

Punter Award: Douglas Johnson, White House

Kicker Award: Justin Billingsley, Sycamore

Versatile Award: Kyle Herndon, Greenbrier

Receiver Award: Josh Graham, Pearl-Cohn

Quarterback Award: Deaunte Mason, Pearl-Cohn

Coach of the Year: Kirk Williams, Greenbrier

Additional All-Region Picks from each team:

1. Greenbrier: Troy Dill, Zach Reasoner, Ryan Dickerson, Geoffrey Sanders, Paul Sweatt, Joe Dan Cornett

2. Pearl-Cohn: Josh Southall, Donte Johnson, Bobby Council, Ray Harvey, Brian Curry

3. White House: Aaron Hargrove, Max Barrett, Michael Moore, Justin West

4. Macon County: Cameron Pedigo, Johnathon Hudson, Spenser Young, Keith Kirby

5. Sycamore: Chris McMaster, John Clanton, Willie Vanderford

6. Station Camp: Josh Barnes, Randall Toney, Jeff Ferebee

7. DeKalb County: Orlando Johnson, Charles Cox

Final Standings

1. Greenbrier, 6-0, 9-3

2. Pearl-Cohn, 5-1, 9-3

3. White House, 4-2, 7-6

4. Macon County, 3-3, 5-6

5. Sycamore, 2-4, 4-6

6. Station Camp, 1-5, 1-9

7. DeKalb County, 0-6, 0-10

You may view the official spreadsheet form here:

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football/awa...llregion43a.htm

There was one change regarding a Pearl-Cohn player late. That change was submitted to local media outlets after the original list. However, if you see a varying report, THIS is the corrected list.

If you have any questions, contact your local coach and he can get in touch with head coach Jeff Porter regarding the all-region selections, which are done by coaches.

The banquet will be held at a later date.

Thanks,

Kris Freeman

White House Football

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This can be found at the link below. Thanks to bdpweb

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=117103

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the real list of the most deserving players... I'm glad that these picks are made by the coaches and not the members of the newspaper and radio. As you can see some people really don't know everything about the talent of other teams...although they make desent picks on the teams that they like and know about.

Edited by uawake2