Bearden is a class act

Patsfan46

Just got registered last night to Coach T. so this is a little late in coming. Earlier this year when Bearden played Jefferson County at Jeff Co. a Patriots player got hurt with only 2 minutes left in the game. The play happened almost right in front of me and it was a clean hit all the way. Any way the Patriots player was knocked out and didn't get up. Infact he was taken off the field in a ambulance and taken to the hospitol where he was later released.

What I wanted to comment on was the way the Bearden Coaching Staff and players conducted themselves while medical treatment given to the injured player. They all took a knee, where quiet, very respectful. Some even said a prayer. The Bearden player who made the solo tackle was visibly upset and showed great concern over his injured competitor so much his coaching staff had to console him. As the Patriots player was loaded in the ambulance several Bulldogs came over and gave him a thumbs up, pat on the leg, and a few words of encouragement.

I want to commend the Bulldogs coaches, players, and especially the bulldog who made the tackle on their sportsman ship, concern and compasion. To me this speaks volumes about the type of program the Bulldogs have and the character of their players.

Earlier this year at a freshman game at Science Hill our quarterback got a late hit and broke his collar bone. He was down for a while, obviously in great pain. The Patriots took a knee and were very quiet. The Science Hill team never took knee, their coaches continously shouted to their players about the next play and changed out players while our quarterback was down and he was down for several minutes. When the Jeff crowd hollered for Science Hill to take a knee the player who made the hit turned to the Jeff crowd and started flexing his muscles. This speaks volumes as well.

Enough said.