Richland @ West Limestone

sharpie4014

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have anything on West Limestone?? What do they run or what do they have???

last year i went to the games in ardmore and our boys played west limestone now i know nothing about them this year they could have lost 5 seniors...but last year they were a quick athletic team that could shoot well...if they have the same group as last year the raiders are gonna have a tough game on their hands...good luck

West Limestone is probably as good as any team Richland will face this year. If our guards are hitting I give Richland a chance, however, if we do not have a hot shooting night, it could get ugly. However, although Richland's boys are not winning them all, they are staying competitive and playing hard. They need to keep doing that until they find their niche. Our inside guys are as athletic as West Limestone’s post players, however, we will be under sized as always. West will try to run, however, we can keep up, especially with our inside guys being quick as cats. GOOD LUCK RICHLAND. Keep playing hard and you will get in done in the end. And remember, no matter what anyone else says, the coach is exactly that, THE COACH. What he says goes and to win you have to following his lead. Work together and you will be fine. Remember also that the best thing to do when you make a great play is to act like you have done it before. You do not have to tell anyone when your good. If you are good, others will be talking about it.

Rule #1 The coach is always right!

#2 When you think that the coach is wrong, read rule #1.

West Limestone is probably as good as any team Richland will face this year. If our guards are hitting I give Richland a chance, however, if we do not have a hot shooting night, it could get ugly. However, although Richland's boys are not winning them all, they are staying competitive and playing hard. They need to keep doing that until they find their niche. Our inside guys are as athletic as West Limestone’s post players, however, we will be under sized as always. West will try to run, however, we can keep up, especially with our inside guys being quick as cats. GOOD LUCK RICHLAND. Keep playing hard and you will get in done in the end. And remember, no matter what anyone else says, the coach is exactly that, THE COACH. What he says goes and to win you have to following his lead. Work together and you will be fine. Remember also that the best thing to do when you make a great play is to act like you have done it before. You do not have to tell anyone when your good. If you are good, others will be talking about it.

I agree with roper. This team has got to understand that they are not All-Americans, they will never be. They will be a good team if they play together and quit arguing and showboating. They showed fight and effort, just seemed frustrated with one another.

All in all GREAT JOB RAIDERS!!!

And remember, no matter what anyone else says, the coach is exactly that, THE COACH. What he says goes and to win you have to following his lead. Work together and you will be fine. Remember also that the best thing to do when you make a great play is to act like you have done it before. You do not have to tell anyone when your good. If you are good, others will be talking about it.

This Coach is not right. He needs to be fired. Even a coach with no basketball experience won double digit games. This young kid needs to be shown the door. There are many eligible coaches that can win with this team. Show him the door and hire a real coach and not a kid who is worried about himself.

Everybody has a right to his or her opinion and i totally respect that. However, the administration at Richland or in Giles County is not going to fire a coach based on a win/loss record. Plus, I do not know how good or how bad this coach will become, however, haven't all great coaches started somewhere. We can either talk him down or we can support him and see what happens. Either way, he is still going to be the coach. The powers that are in giles county will observe the win/loss record that is obtained. However, I really do not think they are going to fire anyone based on wins and losses. Do you disagree and if so, please inform me of why you think a coach at Richland would be fired based on wins and losses. I have only been up here going on 2 years so I do not know these folks like many do. Plus, we are not talking about Pat Summitt or Phil Fulmer, both of who probably make $2 million plus a year. This coach gets, I believe, a 6% premium for coaching basketball and another 6% for coaching soccer. Not exactly great pay. LMK your thoughts. Take care and god bless you all.

It would be hard for me to believe that Richland will face anyone as good as West Limestone (Alabama). Talk about talent, WOW. They reminded me of Mt. Pleasant last year, but better. That one guy had, I believe #32, 9 to 10 three pointers and several dunks. Every shot we took was contested and many blocked. We could have gotten beat by more than the 21 like we did. But we never gave up. Kenyon and Tim stayed in there and never backed down, although greatly undersized. Our guards kept fighting and had a pretty good fourth quarter. If we could have hit more shots in the second and third, we could have made it closer. However, if frogs had wings they would not bump their butts when they hop. We get Culleoka on Tuesday. They beat us by 2 a couple weeks ago. That game will be a good measure of where we are. Keep fighting Raiders. :lol:

I cant believe you. you were sitting at the game and wasnt paying attention to the game at all. #32 only had 8 threes and no dunks at all. Yeah they dunked it once and the kid had a steal. But, Kenyon also had a dunk off a rebound but thats not the point. the point is that the team we were against Eagleville and the team we were against West Limestone were totally different. We had several turnovers that we have to take care of. Yeah i had a few mistakes too but that doesnt matter we have to get our heads in the game and play like a team. If we play like a real ball club we will win tuesday. But if you think that we can go out there and be individuals we wont win. Yeah our coach is young but that doesnt matter either. He needs the privacy on his life but when it comes to basketball he knows what he is talkin bout. Keep playing hard boys and remember play like a team not individuals and we will win!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with roper. This team has got to understand that they are not All-Americans, they will never be. They will be a good team if they play together and quit arguing and showboating. They showed fight and effort, just seemed frustrated with one another.

All in all GREAT JOB RAIDERS!!!

i dont believe anyone has been showboating on the team just trying to get the team pumped up. i do agree if they keep arguing they will never win another game but if they play as a team like they did against eagleville they will win but everyone can't worry about who makes the most point's and then stop giving that person the ball. That has happened in every game i have been to and i don't blame the coach for everything but you do need to start pressing the other team a little more before the 4th period when it is to late. we have really good talent on the team but it's not a one person game it is a team when you play as one. BUT YOU CAN NOT STOP GIVING A PLAYER THE BALL JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE SCORED MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

Good write up WhiteCLoud and RHS#2fan. You are right, WhiteCloud, I did not watch the game closely because my grandson was there and I spent allot of time playing with him. I did not keep stats on the game, but with the whipping 32 and the rest of West was putting on us, it appeared they were dunking all over us. They beat us soundly, however, we did have our good moments. When we get them at our house later on, we should be ready for a different outcome. I like the way you, White CLoud, are not making any excuses. That shows class and I bet you are a team player. You are right, if we play as a team, we can play with anyone. You are also right about egos being left at home. No matter who scores, he is scoring for the team. I do believe that one of our best scorers is actually trying to take less shots to get his teammates involved. That shows that he is maturing as a player and as a man. That will serve us well. Come February, we will be able to take on all comers and compete for the district title. Play hard against Culleoka and let's revenge that 2 point loss a few weeks ago. GO RAIDERS :ph34r: