Independence at Page

donathan5507

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.

will johnson sprained his ankle against centennial. they've played well without him actually.

baugh apparently tore his miniscus during the game monday against fairview, but finished up the game.

it will probably be

kuchar on bowling

farris on martinez

king on herald

burdette on johnson

luttrell on lovett.

will johnson will attempt to warm up and see how his ankle feels. he looked pretty gimpy warming up on tuesday though.

i'd say the game is about 50-50.

mullet, are you attending the game on friday?

does redneck49=tartar sauce. i think that was your name in rotc freshman year? if so, how are you man?

well it comes down to this we been waiting for this game for quite some time we have done all the talking we can do now it comes down to the players this game means so much to both sides the so many of us of seniors that go page have know some of you guys for years we have grown up together its more than a game its personal

win or lose i hope both sides can have fun

i'll leave that up to your imagination, dear.

yes, this rivalry stems all the way back to my rec basketball days of playing against teams with johnny kuchar and eliot mitchell on them. these kids have played horse against each other in each other's driveways, played on the same middle school teams, played together my freshman year, and now it's this.

i won't make a prediction.

good luck page.

good luck independence. may the best team win.

oh, by the way, the ingenius portrayal of this game as "good ol' boys vs. the city boys" is grossly inaccurate. most of the 'good ol boys' are my neighbors. i live in thompson's station.

I'm not expecting a big crowd from IHS. If they had to take a pep bus up to Centennial, how are they gonna make the short trip down 840 east (by the way, pedestrians and cyclists are not allowed on 840)? Plus, I expect them all to be pretty skared after Page's recent success. And don't even laugh about us gettin routed by Spring Hill cause they are gonna whoop up on yall too.

It should be a pretty good game. I used to call it an upset for Page to win, but now I don't know. These teams are so evenly matched. It's just gonna come down to who wants it more. And I know that there are a lot of seniors at Page that want it pretty bad.

I'm gonna call Page by 7 points, in regulation.

maybe we took a pep bus, maybe we didn't.

i instructed you to ask centennial. i'm assuming you didn't do that.

and under the assumption that we took a pep bus to centennial, which mapquest says is around 15-20 miles away...how will page which is simply a short trip down 840 of no more than 10 miles be more difficult?

in gateway algebra, you more than likely learned that it is more difficult for an automobile traveling at a constant speed to cover a far distance.

and in said case that a pep bus is neccesary, wouldn't that mean that a large mass of independence people are actually smarter because they don't want to spend $2.19 a gallon on gas to drive to page?

or, what if. you'll like this one

there are 7 pep buses of independence people going? with approximately 60 people per bus, that's 420 people! yikes! AND WHAT IF THEY CHEER? AND ENUNCIATE AS WE HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO DO?

terrifying, no?

maybe that's true, maybe it's not. maybe we won't even go to the game because we still like to hang out at the movies with 8th grade girls.

but the prospect of a large independence crowd is definitely menacing to the page fans, who will undoubtedly show up in strong numbers.

so if you're going to surpass our crowd (by the way, alumni don't count. there's got to be something better to do on a friday night than attend a high school game of your former school) by such a vast margin, why the concern and constant disavowal of any independence crowd?

in page terms: y'all seem scared. you shouldn't be. we're just independence.

oh and by the way, i'm the only person on this thread because most of the other kids have parental controls that don't allow them to access this site. just wait till next year.