Richland @ Cornersville

scoresandstats

This game should give us some indication as to who will most likely compete with Moore County for the D11 title. Richland will not have Vaughn back til after Christmas. I do not know if Cornersville is completely healthy or not. I know that both teams had similar results against Santa Fe. Richland played better against Lauderdale County than Cornersville did at the Thanksgiving Tournament. I would give Richland the edge, even with Vaughn out. Richland's sick players should all be back at full strength by Friday. Cornersville beat what is suppose to be a good Collinwood team so who knows. The way the officials have been calling, they very well could decide this game. There is no consistency at all in the calls. :angry: Good luck to both teams. This game could tell us nothing because neither team is actually hitting on all cylinders. Richland may not be there until Vaughn comes back. But we will see Friday night. Richland is pretty darn good right now. It will be exciting when they get to full strength. My prediction: Richland 52 Cornersville 44. :thumb:

According to the predictions, it looks like Cornersville pulled out an upset. Both teams didn't really look up to expectations. This game had to be decided in overtime. 38-44

Congrats to Cornersville for the win. I have to say my prediction for D11 is clear now. By the way both teams played Friday night, Cornersville and Richland are playing for second place. Neither will even compete with Moore County if they continue to play as they did Friday night. Richland jumped out to a quick lead, Cornersville came back to tie it at halftime. Cornersville appeared to be going to pull away in the second half but Richland fought back and had 2 chances to win in regulation but both shots missed their mark. Cornersville then dominated overtime for the win. It appeared at times that neither team wanted to win with all the turnovers. It gets no easier for Richland, who's first round game in the Lauderdale County Christmas tournament is with the 3 time Alabama 4A defending state champions, Deshler Tigers. They average close to 90 points a game. They should score 100 against much smaller Richland. But we will see. If Loretta can get by Lauderdale County, which I think they can, it should be Loretta against Deshler in the Finals. I believe that if Richland falls in the first game, they will have a chance to come out of the losers backett. Good Luck Richland. :lol: Forget about Friday night and learn from your mistakes. :lol:

Edited by jamieroper