RBS Christmas Tourney

scmc24

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r u kidding me, white is not gonna go to a tourny without a HS or an eqilivant in it to beat up on. he won't play any compatition outside of who he absolutely has to play because he doesn't want any loss's on his record. so he'll play as many HS's as he can to get his 20 wins and when his girls haven't been throught the fire of a tough regular season(yes i know, he's in a tough region...who does he play outside of it) he'll get bounced in early in the post season tourny's.....just like he always does. and he'll still get praised as a good coach because he's got his 20 wins! and this will happen year after year as it has in the past...and nobody else finds this as disturbing as i do? o well..........

i'm pulling for HS to pull and upset and knock off whoever they play in the first round......good luck girls, maybe there's a virus or something running through the other team!

Lets not forget that .500 team that finished 4th in the district in 2000-2001 that he took to the sectionals!!!! :thumb:

THANK YOU gotmilk?

Tournament brackets ARE SET UP BY RECORDS. People complaining about how there is never any good competition in this tournament and how the brackets are always fixed IT MAKES ME SICK. In case you haven't noticed, there are several Christmas Tournaments/Classics out there now. In most cases, the local schools are going to be the only ones to make it to the RBS Tournament because face it, it's in the boondocks. You are not going to see teams like Clarkrange and Pickett Co. coming because it's too far of a drive for a tournament and besides, they can find one much closer (Livingston, Kentucky tourneys, etc.)

As far as not competing in the Nera White goes, I think that it is great for schools to get out of their leagues and play a little bit different competition. The RBS boys did not participate in it last year.

And give Coach White a break, he can take a talented team with a mediocre record places...2000-2001 team was a prime example. Back in the late 80s his teams didn't have the best regular season records but they shook up the post-season and went to sub-state on more than one occasion and also went to the state tournament. Believe it or not, Coach White will do whatever is in the best interests of the school and the players, even if it means playing a weaker team to get a good record or ticking somebody off. It is all about pulling together the community, and that's what I love about being from a small town. They have their eyes on the prize and I believe things WILL happen! They have my support 110%

Sorry I got on my soapbox...have a great day!

Edited by TNBballMan

r u kidding me, white is not gonna go to a tourny without a HS or an eqilivant in it to beat up on. he won't play any compatition outside of who he absolutely has to play because he doesn't want any loss's on his record. so he'll play as many HS's as he can to get his 20 wins and when his girls haven't been throught the fire of a tough regular season(yes i know, he's in a tough region...who does he play outside of it) he'll get bounced in early in the post season tourny's.....just like he always does. and he'll still get praised as a good coach because he's got his 20 wins! and this will happen year after year as it has in the past...and nobody else finds this as disturbing as i do? o well..........

i'm pulling for HS to pull and upset and knock off whoever they play in the first round......good luck girls, maybe there's a virus or something running through the other team!

That would be your Tigers that they beat then.