Culleoka's Coach Out

Shootmore

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that you will see an improvement with these girls because of Coach Sharp but can they win games in such a short time? For the one, that seems to have a problem with the volleyball program at Cully, were you there to see that team almost upset Page, 3/5 years' state champions? That coach does an awesome job with these girls because she has their respect as well as the girls respecting her. When the last coach was there, all the girls said they played to get out of basketball conditioning-dedication huh? There have been banners hung every year since the new coach took over. So how is someone such a disgrace to the sport and win? Some parent didn't get their way with their kid playing, mind you probably a kid with no talent and any other coach probably wouldn't have even had her on the team. Alot of people could learn from that coach-she does put all of her time into a sport where there is little recognition-even coaches a middle school team for no supplement. She does it because she cares about the girls and the girls' programs at Culleoka. My daughter has played for her, and she loves it because she demands so many things that no other girls' coach does out there-respect, dedication, and committment to making her team as successful as it can be.

I do think that you will see an improvement with these girls because of Coach Sharp but can they win games in such a short time? For the one, that seems to have a problem with the volleyball program at Cully, were you there to see that team almost upset Page, 3/5 years' state champions? That coach does an awesome job with these girls because she has their respect as well as the girls respecting her. When the last coach was there, all the girls said they played to get out of basketball conditioning-dedication huh? There have been banners hung every year since the new coach took over. So how is someone such a disgrace to the sport and win? Some parent didn't get their way with their kid playing, mind you probably a kid with no talent and any other coach probably wouldn't have even had her on the team. Alot of people could learn from that coach-she does put all of her time into a sport where there is little recognition-even coaches a middle school team for no supplement. She does it because she cares about the girls and the girls' programs at Culleoka. My daughter has played for her, and she loves it because she demands so many things that no other girls' coach does out there-respect, dedication, and committment to making her team as successful as it can be.

yeah i was there. i was there when she called a time out with a 12-3 lead in the 5th game! i was there the year before when they got blown out by page and she never caleld a single time out! why did she all of a sudden decide to call one when they were about to put the match away and assure themselves a sectional match? that would have been further that any team, in any sport, had gone in culleoka history! she stole that from them w/ her timeout call. if you really believe that all of the girls on that team respect her... then you really need to take some time and talk to the whole team and not just your daughter. how can you say that she demands dedication and commitment when she allows players to miss matches w/o punishment of any kind? you have got to be kidding me!!!!

yeah i was there. i was there when she called a time out with a 12-3 lead in the 5th game! i was there the year before when they got blown out by page and she never caleld a single time out! why did she all of a sudden decide to call one when they were about to put the match away and assure themselves a sectional match? that would have been further that any team, in any sport, had gone in culleoka history! she stole that from them w/ her timeout call. if you really believe that all of the girls on that team respect her... then you really need to take some time and talk to the whole team and not just your daughter. how can you say that she demands dedication and commitment when she allows players to miss matches w/o punishment of any kind? you have got to be kidding me!!!!

When the last coach was there, all the girls said they played to get out of basketball conditioning-dedication huh?

I spoke w/ a girl who played volleyball at culleoka before John Bryant took over and she quit because, "it wasnt fun anymore. he made us run and practice for like 2 1/2 hours a day. all he wanted to do was win." isnt that what you are supposed to do? do you play to lose? is losing fun? i played sports and i coach sports... is practice suposed to be fun? no. are games always fun? no.... but looking back on a lot of wins is fun! that young lady is living quite a life these days, ill show respect and not dive into her situation, but it is no wonder that she is where she is w/ the attitude that she had! there are athletes on that team that would give their left foot to have john bryant back... and i can assure you that it isnt because the current coach works them "too hard"... there is no such thing as working "too hard"!

I was there cheering my daughter and her team on throughout that whole match. I never once saw this coach do anything like that...a timeout was called in the fifth game when the score was 12-7 when noone on the back row could handle that person's serve. If you think you have all the answers why aren't you trying to do the coaching there? Maybe she has a different philosophy on missing practices. You are saying that you should punish girls for competing in other activities like horse shows. school functions, etc.? In a small school like that you have to be willing to share players for different things and I for one appreciate her for not punishing my daughter if she missed a practice. I know that with one player she missed all the time for work or church and never once got punish for it because this coach realized that there were other things in life more important. I have been told that she looks to her captains for when they feel that a timeout is needed sometimes so maybe you really don't know who the blame should be put on. That shows how much respect she has for her players and trust that she has in them. Something you obviously don't have a clue about!! If you have asked many of this coach's players then you would know how much she has done for them. Sounds to me like you need to get a clue about what real people do for these kids! and lay off that Coach when there are other bigger problems to fix out at that school. You act like you are perfect and have never made any wrong decision before-man oh man how I wish I was like you!!

When the last coach was there, all the girls said they played to get out of basketball conditioning-dedication huh?

thnaks for proving my point.... i have said all along that coaching isnt the probelm w/ the girls basketball program, but rather the parents and the girls themselves!

Now, way back at the begining of this post, someone said that eady never worked the girls hard enough... but you're telling me that the girl only played volleyball to keep away from eady running them?!?!? I'm confused now... which is it? either way... not a coaching issue, but rather an issue of the girls at culleoka having no heart!

thnaks for proving my point.... i have said all along that coaching isnt the probelm w/ the girls basketball program, but rather the parents and the girls themselves!

Now, way back at the begining of this post, someone said that eady never worked the girls hard enough... but you're telling me that the girl only played volleyball to keep away from eady running them?!?!? I'm confused now... which is it? either way... not a coaching issue, but rather an issue of the girls at culleoka having no heart!

quit making it sound like the girls at culleoka havent had talent the last 5 years and that they have never cared....the girls are they way they are now because for the last few years they've been able to get away with it...if a girl doesnt wanna work then send em off the team...i mean the coach has all the control....id rather have 6 girls that wanna be there than 11 girls that could careless....all the girls need is a coach that isnt gonna just rollover one thats not gonna stand for slacking and badmouthing and ballhogging....bottomline if the coach draws a line...the girls will do what the coach wants...i promise :lol: