District 11AA Standings

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Last night the district games cranked back up after the holiday break. Waverly picked up a big win against Mont. Cent. and Creek Wood beat Harpeth on a late game shot by Tyler Roberts.

Out of the district Sycamore went on the road and beat East Robertson in OT. Stewart Co.'s winning streak came to an end against McEwen. Cheatham Co. lost a close battle at FRA by four points.

1.) Stewart Co. (4-1)

1.) Sycamore (4-1)

3.) Creek Wood (3-2)

4.) Harpeth (2-2)

4.) Cheatham Co. (2-2)

6.) Waverly (1-2)

6.) Montgomery Central (1-2)

8.) Fairview (0-5)

This upcoming Friday night, January 6th, all of the teams in the district are in action against other district foes. Here is the schedule for that night:

Montgomery Central at Sycamore

Creek Wood at Stewart Co.

Cheatham Co. at Waverly

Harpeth at Fairview

Edited by catfish-hunter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't think the district looks anywhere near what some people predicted, including myself, but there is still a long way to go at this point.

I think that the most intriguing matchup on Friday will be the Stewart Co vs. Creekwood game. I honestly thought I would never say that, but these two teams have performed beyond some expectations this season. Creekwood is coming off the upset win against Harpeth, and Stewart a loss to McEwen. I'll take Stewart Co. by 2. However, I would not be suprised if Creekwood comes out of Dover with a victory.

Perhaps the second best matchup of the night comes in Waverly. As it has been said, Cheatham has won three straight in Waverly, and in my opinion I see that number moving to four straight. I think Cheatham Co. wins this close game.

Harpeth over Fairview. Sycamore over Mont. Central.

Guest catfish-hunter

#3 through #7 in the district could undergo a total shakeup after Friday night's games are completed.

I like Waverly to beat Cheatham Co. at home in a close basketball game.

Stewart Co. is a team that plays hard and I think they'll beat Creek Wood this time around.

Harpeth will rebound from a tough loss at CW and win on the road at Fairview.

Sycamore should continue their winning ways at home against Montgomery Central.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

The District 11-AA Standings along with next week's schedule will be updated tomorrow.

I will continue to do this throughout the season, just like last year :lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

The results from last night (Friday Jan. 6):

Cheatham won at Waverly 57-42

Harpeth won at Fairview 78-37

Stewart Co. beat Creek Wood 51-40

Sycamore stomped Mont. Cent. 83-58

The new District 11-AA Standings:

1.) Stewart Co. (5-1)

1.) Sycamore (5-1)

3.) Harpeth (3-2)

3.) Cheatham Co. (3-2)

5.) Creek Wood (3-3)

6.) Waverly (1-3)

6.) Montgomery Central (1-3)

8.) Fairview (0-6)

I'd have to say that with wins against Creek Wood and Sycamore that Stewart Co. looks like a team that is not going to be one of those who start out really hot and fall flat on their face and year's end. Sycamore continued to roll right on along by crushing Mont. Cent. at home. Harpeth got back on track by beating a Fairview team that they simply were expected to kill. Cheatham Co. continues to be a pleasant suprise as they won at Waverly. Waverly and Mont. Cent. remain tied in the standings after both lost tonight. Fairview rounds out the district still winless on the season.

Guest catfish-hunter

The results from last night (Friday Jan. 6):

Cheatham won at Waverly 57-42

Harpeth won at Fairview 78-37

Stewart Co. beat Creek Wood 51-40

Sycamore stomped Mont. Cent. 83-58

The new District 11-AA Standings:

1.) Stewart Co. (5-1)

1.) Sycamore (5-1)

3.) Harpeth (3-2)

3.) Cheatham Co. (3-2)

5.) Creek Wood (3-3)

6.) Waverly (1-3)

6.) Montgomery Central (1-3)

8.) Fairview (0-6)

I'd have to say that with wins against Creek Wood and Sycamore that Stewart Co. looks like a team that is not going to be one of those who start out really hot and fall flat on their face and year's end. Sycamore continued to roll right on along by crushing Mont. Cent. at home. Harpeth got back on track by beating a Fairview team that they simply were expected to kill. Cheatham Co. continues to be a pleasant suprise as they won at Waverly. Waverly and Mont. Cent. remain tied in the standings after both lost tonight. Fairview rounds out the district still winless on the season.

Next week's schedule:

Tue. Jan. 10: Fairview at Montgomery Central; Harpeth at Waverly; Cheatham Co. at Stewart Co.

Fri. Jan. 13: Harpeth at Stewart Co.; Sycamore at Waverly; Fairview at Creek Wood; Montgomery Central at Cheatham Co.

TUESDAY NIGHT'S GAMES:

I like Montgomery Central's chances at home against Fairview. Cheatham Co. has won three district games in a row and in an upset I look for that number to become four when they travel to Stewart Co. Waverly plays well at home and they need a big win after losing to Cheatham Co. last night. I look for them to knock off Harpeth in a close one.

As usual, everything is getting bunched up. With a lot of games left to play, things could go to the wire for a lot of spots. Seeding is even more important this year because the 1st round games will be at the higher seed's home floor.

sycamores got a good remaning schedule (key games at home) , hopefully they get their "issues" worked out and finish it out strong.

Guest catfish-hunter

sycamores got a good remaning schedule (key games at home) , hopefully they get their "issues" worked out and finish it out strong.

While I was in Pleasant View last night I heard about one of those "issues" and simply could not believe it. Sycamore High did a good job of keeping it out of today's edition of the I-24 Exchange.

I hope that everything does get back to normal over there b/c this year has the makings of being a special one for the War Eagles.

While I was in Pleasant View last night I heard about one of those "issues" and simply could not believe it. Sycamore High did a good job of keeping it out of today's edition of the I-24 Exchange.

I hope that everything does get back to normal over there b/c this year has the makings of being a special one for the War Eagles.

It was def. mentioned at halftime before sycamore went out to blow central out. You could tell in the first half everyone was playing with too much emotion.

As to it effecting their playing, it does... in fact in a bad way (for you). Every person in sycamores program is now playing with a purpose of more than just being the best they can. Moulton took it personal and went out and went 7 for 12 for fg's and 6 for 6 on 3's for 35 points.