Oakland at Riverdale

OHS8815

i didnt see the incident at hand but of course burks and RHS were going defend their player ... thats common sense friend ...

with thomas and mayfield out ... oakland wins no doubt

i'm not so sure burks would defend him...burks removed him off the team last year at tournement time, so if something is indeed his fault, burks would let him know about it i think

oakland wins by 8, smartest post ive ever seen td make.

just because i dont make alot of posts in oaklands favor, doesnt mean they are wrong or not smart

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devil dog....could you tell me some scoring stats for both schools? I couldn't get the LHS station to pick up tonight in our gym.

For Riverdale, Burnett had 29 and Smith had (guessing) around 15. Not sure about the others.

For Lebanon, Walton and Presley had 17 each. Payne had 10, Winfree and Henderson had 8 with McCarver 5 and Hancock 4.

It's a shame you can't get the radio because Clyde and Marv are two of the best.

Thanks so much! So was Presley hitting his three's?

BTW...VERY nice win. I picked this one.....one of the few that did. Great way to get back on track for LHS. I really like your team there. They have a lot of spunk.

A great win. We have struggled lately and really needed this one. The whole team played well and we needed every bit of it.

I did see it and Mayfield stepped on Payne's head as he started up the floor. Payne fell after he went for a rebound and Mayfield could have easily avoided it. He appeared, and I do say appeared, to intentionally step on Payne.

It did not change the momentum as Riverdale led by only 2 at the end of the 1st quarter (when the incident occurred). The game was tied at the half and Lebanon began to take control during the third quarter.

I don't think Mayfield being kicked out was a factor in the game. Although he is a nice player, his ejection only opened the door for Burnett to catch fire. I think he had 29 points.

ya kno i really cant question you much since you saw it and i didnt, but a head isnt a flat surface, so if he did indeed step on his head, did he get off balance or stumble? because those might be signs that he did, but if he didnt stumble i dont see how he could just stepped on his head. if he did i have no reason to believe it would be intentional, hes not marcus vick where he just steps on people when he is mad at them.

but wow, i sure am glad to her about tee scoring 29. he is EASILY the most underrated person in the district, so few people kno about him or havent got to see him play.

Lil D, if anyone was taping the game and has the incident on tape.....and it proves what you are saying.....Burks can petition the TSSAA to get the suspension rescinded. If there is no video....no shot.

If I remember the rules correctly......he has a total 2 game suspension. Which means that the game that he got kicked out in counts as one. Then he sits out Friday and he is back on the court whoever you play next. I hope that you are right and that he gets to play. Good luck with that appeal.

devil dog....could you tell me some scoring stats for both schools? I couldn't get the LHS station to pick up tonight in our gym.

i know for sure riverdale will have video of it, and HOPEFULLY it can be appealed and jesse can be able to play.

i know for sure riverdale will have video of it, and HOPEFULLY it can be appealed and jesse can be able to play.

I hope he is cleared too....but selfishly....not in time to play Friday. :P

I hope he is cleared too....but selfishly....not in time to play Friday. :P