TSSAA regulations on time between matches

spenglervg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - That's what I was wanting to know - I cannot find it in the TSSAA Wrestling Regulations - do you know where that rule is spelled out??

no but i was at a tournament and they stopped the tournament cause when they got around to start the 103 weights again it wasnt a 45 minute break and they stop i was wondering wh ythey stopped it and my coach told me that

The tournaments i have worked usually have the time the match ends written on the bout sheet, then the head table adds the 45 min and puts the time on their next bout sheet and you can't call the match before that time. Also some of the software out there does it automatically I think.

Actually the match can be called up, posted and/or assigned to a mat prior to the 45 minutes. It just can't be wrestled before the 45 minutes. At Houston tournaments we will post a kid to the match board "in the wing", 3 matches on deck, with 10 minutes to go before they can wrestle. 19 out of 20 times the time is correct when they come up to wrestle.

Actually the match can be called up, posted and/or assigned to a mat prior to the 45 minutes. It just can't be wrestled before the 45 minutes. At Houston tournaments we will post a kid to the match board "in the wing", 3 matches on deck, with 10 minutes to go before they can wrestle. 19 out of 20 times the time is correct when they come up to wrestle.

And this is the best way to do things that I have seen thus far. If you have not been to a tournament run by the Houston staff you should. Things are always kept moving and rounds generally begin and end on time.

And this is the best way to do things that I have seen thus far. If you have not been to a tournament run by the Houston staff you should. Things are always kept moving and rounds generally begin and end on time.

I was wondering how the staff kept up. I was at a tournament Saturday where between a couple of matches (same player) it didn't seem like that much time had elapsed.

I was wondering how the staff kept up. I was at a tournament Saturday where between a couple of matches (same player) it didn't seem like that much time had elapsed.

The program that we use has a place to enter the time a match ended. The program then adds 45 minutes to that wrestler's end time. His next round opponent has the same thing applied to his previous round end time. The computer calculates whichever time is later and prints the "Go Time" on the bout sheet. If there is any perceived discrepency from the coach on his previous match end time it is printed under his name on our bout sheets. I believe the program we use is the only one that has that added feature on it.