Soddy Daisy Invitational

slimwrastler54

Who beat Henley. What was the score in the Murray match. Tough loss for Buchanan. But he must have been in the match. Did Grecu beat Reivez. Heavy weight was loaded. Murray did lose to Sliger. If he would not have went for the headlock with 40 to go he would have won that match. He did control the match upto that one point.

Edited by Drem2Achev

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Lettner of Soddy-Daisy beat Henley 5-2, Reveiz beat Lettner 3-1 in the final.

The Murray/Vandergriff score was 7-1.

Damien wrestled Mansen as tough as anybody I've seen, but Mansen is so savvy. He

is easily the best in this state. He will figure out a way to beat you. And he's such a classy individual.

Ben's preparation for this week was radically different from the week leading up to the Fandetti. Maybe now he will see what can happen if he commits to preparation.

Baylor 1st. Soddy 2nd.

Don't know all the champs... but for Soddy I know 103- Dustin Stewart. 140- Ulric Winesburgh. 145- Jarriett Toney. and 171- Tyler Roberson.

Baylor's were Ben Johnson, Corey Manson, Daniel Waddell, and Derek Walker.

OW for lower weight- Ulric Winesburgh... and I'm pretty sure Derek Walker for upper weight.

If I'm wrong here... someone correct me.

I believe it was Daniel Waddell for OW!

So that some folk's erroneous posts don't fester into fact...

TOP FIVE TEAMS

Baylor 215

Soddy Daisy 205.5

Science Hill 136

Greeneville 124

Red Bank 85.5

Bo Usary (130) and Ben Murray (275) won titles for the Toppers, Caleb Myers(112) for the Devils.

I was especially proud of Damien Buchanan for his hard fought 6-4 loss to Corey Manson.

Region One acquited themselves well I think.

Does anyone know who was 6-10?

Sorry Coach I was going out the door and only heard the top 2 teams. I was trying to go from earlier scores but knew a wise individual would make the proper corrections. :unsure:

Yes, your Mr. Buchanan looked really good and could had won that match if a few things went his way. :lol:

Congrats to your Hvy. That was one of the best Hvy wgt matches I've seen in years. Makes me look forward to watching them at state. I talked to a few of your wrestlers and they are a class act.

Good luck at region and state.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Jed defeated him previously 10-4 & 14-2. Hussein was on the march again (4-0) when he lifted Ulric up in double-underhooks and got caught in a headlock which he fought for over a minute before the fall. Also, Winesburgh didn't have to even wrestle a semi-finals match b/c of injury default. Giving him the OW is just not right...

I would have given it to the 189 from Baylor or 215 from Farragut.

Jed defeated him previously 10-4 & 14-2. Hussein was on the march again (4-0) when he lifted Ulric up in double-underhooks and got caught in a headlock which he fought for over a minute before the fall. Also, Winesburgh didn't have to even wrestle a semi-finals match b/c of injury default. Giving him the OW is just not right...

Anyone who beats Jed has to be considered as ow. congrats to Ulric. Greenvilles 112, 125, 152 were Impressive. Science Hills 130 and 135 and Hwt have to be considered strong contenders in state tourney. Great to see good wrestlers coming from the east.

I talked to a few of your wrestlers and they are a class act.

Good luck at region and state.

I agree totally. I spoke with Henley at the Ravenwood Invitational, and I also spoke with a few of the guys from "Da Hill" on yesterday and they were very well mannered. You guys have a great bunch of kids! Congrats on a great performance at the tournament.