District 11 AA

War Eagles

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I've got the overall records with the scores to every game and who everyone has left to play in the district back at the apartment buddy.

Here is a bracket if the regular season were to end right now:

1.) Sycamore (the War Eagles control their own destiny in the district)

8.) Montgomery Central (got swept by Waverly and split with Fairview)

4.) Cheatham Co.

5.) Creek Wood

3.) Stewart Co. (they could jump as high as #1 with a win vs Harpeth this Fri. and another upset win over Sycamore)

6.) Waverly Central (the Tigers could wrap up this seed by beating Fairview)

2.) Harpeth (holds the tiebreaker with Stewart Co. due to the head-to-head win)

7.) Fairview (could jump as high as the #4 vs #5 matchup if they play well enough)

The Top Five Games to really look out for down the stretch:

1/27: Stewart Co. at Harpeth

2/9: Creek Wood at Cheatham Co.

2/10: Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood & Harpeth at Sycamore

2/11: Sycamore at Stewart Co.

Edited by catfish-hunter

I've got the overall records with the scores to every game and who everyone has left to play in the district back at the apartment buddy.

Here is a bracket if the regular season were to end right now:

1.) Sycamore (the War Eagles control their own destiny in the district)

8.) Montgomery Central (got swept by Waverly and split with Fairview)

4.) Cheatham Co.

5.) Creek Wood

3.) Stewart Co. (they could jump as high as #1 with a win vs Harpeth this Fri. and another upset win over Sycamore)

6.) Waverly Central (the Tigers could wrap up this seed by beating Fairview)

2.) Harpeth (holds the tiebreaker with Stewart Co. due to the head-to-head win)

7.) Fairview (could jump as high as the #4 vs #5 matchup if they play well enough)

The Top Five Games to really look out for down the stretch:

1/27: Stewart Co. at Harpeth

2/9: Creek Wood at Cheatham Co.

2/10: Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood & Harpeth at Sycamore

2/11: Sycamore at Stewart Co.

if waverly beat cheatham, would that change any thing....also what would it take for waverly to move up any????

Guest catfish-hunter

if waverly beat cheatham, would that change any thing....also what would it take for waverly to move up any????

Creek Wood would have to beat Cheatham Co. (like they did Waverly) and Stewart Co. would have to win at Cheatham when those two play again (because Stewart Co. swept Waverly). Harpeth also would have to beat Cheatham Co. the second time around (because like Stewart they swept Waverly).

Waverly has swept Montgomery Central (who split with Fairview this season). Fairview has played better of late having beaten Central as well as Creek Wood. Waverly in my opinion is pretty much stuck in the #6 OR #7 spots in the district which means that in all likelyhood they'll have to play Harpeth or Stewart Co. to open the district tournament.

Of course if Stewart Co. pulls another upset against Sycamore then they could be the #1 seed come tourney time. In order for that theory to work they'd also have to beat Harpeth tomorrow night in Kingston Springs. Harpeth can only win the district by beating Stewart Co. tomorrow night and winning at Sycamore down the road. They'd also need Stewart Co. to upset Sycamore again when those two teams have their rematch in Dover.

Sycamore: controls their own destiny but playing Harpeth and Stewart Co. on back-to-back days won't be easy. The last time Sycamore played two good teams on back-to-back days it was Stewart Co. and Goodpasture and they lost both of those games.

Harpeth: could all but lock up no worse than a #2 spot in the district with a home win tomorrow night against Stewart Co. With a loss tomorrow night I think Wilson's bunch will be stuck as the #3 seed come tourney time (unless Cheatham Co. gets very hot down the stretch and upsets both Harpeth and Stewart Co.)

Stewart Co.: the Rebels need a win tomorrow night to keep their district title hopes in their own hands. They'd also need to beat Sycamore in a few weeks but by winning tomorrow night they are pretty much guaranteed to be no worse than #2 in the district. With a loss Stewart Co. would probably end up as the #3 seed in the district (unless Cheatham Co. gets hot down the stretch).

Cheatham Co.: the wild card of the district has to be the Cubs. If they play really terrible down the stretch they could drop as low as #7 come tourney time. If they win out and get some help (mainly from Sycamore) they could actually finish as high as #2 in the district. The two games against Creek Wood and the rematches with Harpeth and Stewart Co. will be big.

Creek Wood: after upsetting Harpeth this looked like a bunch that was ready to challenge for a district title. I said the same thing last year after CW beat Sycamore. The Red Hawks are pretty much stuck in the #4 vs #5 matchup, despite being the only team in the district with wins over both Harpeth and Stewart Co., and the two matchups with Cheatham Co. will determine whether they will wear the home jerseys or the road jerseys come tourney time. That loss to the Fairview Yellow Jackets really stings.

Waverly: there's no way that the Tigers can finish in the district cellar now that they've swept Montgomery Central. They are pretty much stuck in the #6 or #7 spot depending on how they play against Fairview.

Fairview: unless Montgomery Central pulls an upset of Creek Wood down the stretch I don't see the Yellow Jackets finishing in the cellar either. The upset win over Creek Wood really helped the cause for this bunch and now they could jump up another spot depending on how they fare against Waverly.

Montgomery Central: Jimmy Young's Indians blew a huge lead against Fairview and that is going to in all likelyhood land them in the cellar in the district. The Indians will be one of the more dangerous #8 seeds I can recall with a scoring threat as good as Cody Dunn on the floor.

Stewart county is in third but harpeth host them tonight in a match up that is possibly the biggest game of the entire season for the rebels they can not afford to lose this one although nothing matters until districts SC would like to go into districts with a 1 or 2 seed. I think SC realizes the importance of the game tonight so i look for those standings to change after tonight.

Stewart county is in third but harpeth host them tonight in a match up that is possibly the biggest game of the entire season for the rebels they can not afford to lose this one although nothing matters until districts SC would like to go into districts with a 1 or 2 seed. I think SC realizes the importance of the game tonight so i look for those standings to change after tonight.

catfish i was just wondering wat the standings would look like if sycamore beats harpeth....loses to stewart county...and harpeth beats stewart county again???

Guest catfish-hunter

Here are the District 11AA Standings as well as tonight's schedule of games:

1.) Sycamore (8-1): at Montgomery Central

2.) Harpeth (8-2): vs Stewart Co.

3.) Stewart Co. (8-2): at Harpeth

4.) Cheatham Co. (4-4): vs Waverly

5.) Creek Wood (3-5)

6.) Waverly (2-7): at Cheatham Co.

7.) Fairview (2-7)

8.) Montgomery Central (1-9): vs Sycamore

After tonight's games are over it is a two week run to determine the seedings for the District 11AA Tournament (at Stewart Co.):

Tuesday January 31: Stewart Co. at Cheatham Co., Creek Wood at Montgomery Central, Fairview at Waverly

Friday February 3: Creek Wood at Fairview, Waverly at Sycamore, Cheatham Co. at Harpeth

Monday February 6: Waverly at Fairview & Creek Wood at Cheatham Co. (makeup)

Tuesday February 7: Sycamore at Fairview, Montgomery Central at Harpeth, Cheatham Co. at Creek Wood

Friday February 10: Montgomery Central at Stewart Co., Cheatham Co. at Fairview, Waverly at Creek Wood, Harpeth at Sycamore

Saturday February 11: Sycamore at Stewart Co. (makeup)

Monday February 13: Montgomery Central at Creek Wood

Monday February 20 thru Friday February 24: District 11AA Tournament

They did play bartlett-jackson central-ripley back to back to back and won all by 10+.

You know I completely forgot about the Dyer County Tournament over Christmas Break :lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

After last night's games:

1.) Sycamore (9-1)

2.) Harpeth (9-2)

3.) Stewart Co. (8-3)

4.) Cheatham Co. (4-5)

5.) Creek Wood (3-5)

6.) Waverly (3-7)

7.) Fairview (2-7)

8.) Montgomery Central (1-10)

Last night's big winner was Harpeth. The Indians have now swept Stewart Co. this season and are in shape to win the district title. February 10th will decide whether Harpeth enters the district tourney as a #1 seed or a #2 seed.

Last night's big loser was Cheatham Co. The Cubs with a win could have kept themselves in a position to claim one of the top three seeds in the district, especially with Stewart Co. coming to town Tuesday night, but now they will have to beat Creek Wood to stay in the #4 vs #5 matchup after losing to Waverly.