Nicole Tidwell - 10 pts (2 of 2 FTs), 6 rebs, 3 assts

Erica Shumacher - 10 pts (1 three, 3 of 4 FTs), 4 rebs

Ce Ce Simms - 4 pts (0 of 1 FTs), 3 rebs

Courtney Anderson - 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 blk

Hannah Phillips - 4 pts, 2 rebs, 1 asst

Becca Feistritzer - 2 pts, 4 rebs

Becca Yarbrough - 1 pt (1 of 2 FTs), 4 rebs, 1 blk, 2 assts

Team Stats:

Free Throws: Page 14 of 20 (70%), Brentwood 7 of 10 (70%)

Rebounds: Page 35, Brentwood 28

Assists: Page 12, Brentwood 6

Fouls: Page 15, Brentwood 21

Turnovers: Page 26, Brentwood 21

Page led at the end of the 1st qtr, 14-13, as Spencer had 7 with a FT, Ford hit a three, K. Young hit 2 FTs, and Morton added 2 while Brentwood's Maher had 7 with a FT and Schumacher, Tidwell, and Feistritzer each had 2. In the 2nd qtr, Page outscored Brentwood, 13-11, as Spencer had 4 with 2 FTs, K. Young had 4 with a three and 1 of 2 FTs, Ford hit a three, and Ana Morton added 2 while Brentwood's Anderson had 4, Tidwell hit 2 FTs, both Maher and Phillips had 2 each, and Schumacher hit 1 of 2 FTs as Page led at the half, 27-24. In the 3rd qtr, Page outscored Brentwood, 9-4, as Morton had 7 with a three and 0 of 1 FTs and Spencer added 2 while Brentwood's Maher and Tidwell each had 2 as Page led after 3 qtrs, 36-28. In the 4th qtr, Brentwood came back as they outscored Page, 19-11, as Schumacher had 5 with a three and 2 of 2 FTs, Maher, Tidwell, and Simms each had 4, and Phillips had 2 while Page's Spencer had 5 with a FT, K. Young hit 2 FTs, and Morton and Ford each had 2 as the game went to overtime tied at 47 all. In the OT period, Page outscored Brentwood, 10-3, as K. Young hit 5 of 6 FTs, Barker had 3 with 1 of 2 FTs, and Spencer had 2 while Brentwood's Schumacher had 2 and Yarbrough hit 1 of 2 FTs as Page won 57-50.

I was glad we won but, I sure would like to see a few less turnovers as Page heads to Hohenwald on Friday to face district opponent Lewis Co.

I'd like to make a comment about the officiating after analyzing this game. Of the three officials, one made 90% of the calls and one made no calls. The other guy got a few calls in if the main one didn't beat him to it. The main official made a lot of traveling calls which I just didn't see. One call against Brentwood happened right in front of me at mid-court and a Brentwood supporter really let him have it. I was looking right at the girl and didn't see her move either foot. Several traveling calls were made against Page and I didn't see what he was seeing in those calls either. The fouls were about even until Brentwood started fouling in OT to put Page at the line. What bothered me was the one official running over to make a call in front of another official. Don't the officials have a zone to call like under the basket or outside? I've heard fans say "That's not your call" - is this true?

I'd like to make a comment about the officiating after analyzing this game. Of the three officials, one made 90% of the calls and one made no calls. The other guy got a few calls in if the main one didn't beat him to it. The main official made a lot of traveling calls which I just didn't see. One call against Brentwood happened right in front of me at mid-court and a Brentwood supporter really let him have it. I was looking right at the girl and didn't see her move either foot. Several traveling calls were made against Page and I didn't see what he was seeing in those calls either. The fouls were about even until Brentwood started fouling in OT to put Page at the line. What bothered me was the one official running over to make a call in front of another official. Don't the officials have a zone to call like under the basket or outside? I've heard fans say "That's not your call" - is this true?

Your comment on the officials is quite accurate IMO. Having watched the replay however, the travelling calls against Morton early in the game were valid. She was making what I refer to as the Michael Jordan move where she quickly shuffles her feet before she puts the ball on the floor. He got away with it few others do, and she did correct the move after a few of the calls. I don't think she had a travel called on her in the second half. I also believe she was a huge factor in the Page victory. A few of the other call were also accurate but not as obvious. They did miss the double pivot that Spencer made late in the fourth quarter which could have changed the outcome of the game. I thought I saw it when it happened but confirmed it on review. The two carrying calls against Brentwood would have been allowed in any other game I have seen this year. I realize they can't get it all right and Page definitely deserved the win.

I believe the officals do have assigned areas of responsibility on the floor but they are not confined to only that area if they see a violation. Many fans believe the area they are responsible for is the area that is closest to them. I don't think this is true, however. Maybe some of our referee friends can clear this up.

Thanks again for your reports.

Thanks, hoopitup3, for the explantion after viewing the tape of the game. I did see the double pivot that Spencer made in the 4th qtr. that was not called. As for the carrying or palming against Brentwood, I was shielded by the player and did not see those, but most officials do not make those calls anymore - I guess this official was "old school" or something. I guess I need new glasses to see those quick shuffles that Morton made. Otherwise, I thought Morton had a good game and contributed greatly to the win for Page. I hope to see more games like that from Morton the remainder of the season.

I have a friend who is an official - really - and I'll ask him about areas of responsiblity for officials. Still I think that an official who runs in from across the court to make a call in front of an official who is 5 ft from the play is an affront to that official and is questioning his ability to make a call. I just wish there were more consistant calls from the officials between the various associations. I think that once regional play starts, officials come from other regions so you really don't know what they are going to allow or call. Teams will have to adjust their play to the calling style of the officials.

Edited by PageMan