Class AAA Mr. Basketball

gomab2

In a heated AAA Mr. Basketball race, I have to go with:

-Jeremy Williams, Hamilton

-Barry Stewart, Shelbyville

-Maurice Miller, Raleigh Egypt

Williams is a High Major player, and the best player on the State's best team. Though he shares stats with Watkins, Hunter, Strong, and Gilchrist, among others, Williams is a no-brainer for one finalist spot...

Stewart is also a no-brainer selection for me. He is a 23 ppg scorer on a team that has yet to lose to a TN team, currently at 24-2, and ranked as the #1 team in Middle TN. He also steps up in the biggest games, including 28 in a huge win over Brentwood Academy, and 41 over perrennial district champ Columbia. Twilley will take some votes too, but it is amazing what those two have done on a team with only two legitimate scoring threats...

The third spot was a lot tougher. I had to go with Mo Miller, as he is a Willie Kemp-type presence on a team that is 24-1 and also has not lost in TN. Mo doesn't score alot, but for him to have this team arguably better than last year, after losing 4 key seniors (including UAB wing Lawrence Kinnard), Mo gets my nod for the third spot...

Close:

DeQuan Twilley just misses out here, mainly because it is nearly impossible for teammates to be selected (see last year with Richard and Reginald Delk)... Twilley is having a phenominal year as well. For more, see the rest of Stewart's paragraph...

Jimmy Oden is also on the short list of possible finalists, with great numbers on a great team. But a crushing loss to LaVergne puts him a step behind Twilley. Nonetheless, Oden is having a great year and warrants serious consideration...

I really don't see any other serious candidates in Class AAA. There are many other great players, but right now it's a 5 horse race

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As said in another thread I do not think they wait to see which team gets to the state tourney to determine the finalists or winner. Might be wrong on that one, but I always thought this was a regular season award. And yes that region 4AAA tourney will be a good one for sure

Wow just looking at this years rosters and Oakland is junior dominated and not saying they dont have a chance this year because they do but next year watch out With siegel graduating everybody and Shelbyville being hit hard it definately looks they will the team to beat

oh no doubt about that one...oakland has always been a team to beat anyways and it looks like straight domination for the year ahead

Wow just looking at this years rosters and seeing that Oakland is junior dominated and not saying they dont have a chance this year because they do but next year watch out With siegel graduating everybody and Shelbyville being hit hard it definately looks they will the team to beat

WOW....you are way too kind sir! THANKS! We are proud of the players and their determination.