Will Polk Co.'s offense be better in 2006 with Haden Browder at QB

polk_wildcat

I think they will be ok. I wish they would take advantage of Browder more and (dare i say it?) maybe (gulp) split 3 or 4 guys out. With Polks O-Line it would be a very good idea to spread out the defense then you have the option to pass or run it right at them. Derrick Davis is a good coach and he has a lot of weapons, so why not use them all? I think the Power I is outdated BUT still effective if you have the right people. More formations would've made them more versatile and i think maybe even been Region champs and gone a couple rounds farther in the playoffs. Also, some players should play both ways. I mean, St. John at defensive tackle would be a nightmare. Last year Joey Lowe could've made all region as a MLB. But thats just me thinkin...

I think they will be ok. I wish they would take advantage of Browder more and (dare i say it?) maybe (gulp) split 3 or 4 guys out. With Polks O-Line it would be a very good idea to spread out the defense then you have the option to pass or run it right at them. Derrick Davis is a good coach and he has a lot of weapons, so why not use them all? I think the Power I is outdated BUT still effective if you have the right people. More formations would've made them more versatile and i think maybe even been Region champs and gone a couple rounds farther in the playoffs. Also, some players should play both ways. I mean, St. John at defensive tackle would be a nightmare. Last year Joey Lowe could've made all region as a MLB. But thats just me thinkin...

I agree, the offense has been there for ever. They need to put in a new type of offense, maybe the spread.

And as far as playing both ways, St.John will be playing both ways next year, along with others.

Edited by polk_wildcat

• 2 months later...

I think Polk will have a very good offense. They did lose a lot of seniors. But you have to think about it, this happens every year. Polk will find the people for the job and the right people will be in. As far a St. John, he is an excellent football player and he may start both ways. I think Polk will be just fine. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

I honestly think this will be an exciting season in 3-3A. And Polk County Football will always be Polk County Football, ALWAYS HIT HARD AND GO HARD, Polk is a really physical team and that helps them so much, but I think Browder will have an All-State season, especially with the Browder/Cain combo. That will be the main plays probably. From Browder to Cain.

good luck cats