Coaching in Nashville

tnmat

Hey guys,

I am sending this out to ask if people can keep an eye out on schools in the Nashville area which will need an assistant or head coach next year. I am looking for a place that wouldn't mind either paying or doing some sort of "scholarship" for school. I'm not looking for the money, but you know how it is... being a poor college student and all. :ph34r: I am experienced in the sport (I have coaching experience, and was a TSSAA official for 3 years), and want to be able to give back to the sport which gave me so much. I will be a full-time student (this seems to be something that will last for a while, since I want to go all the way to my doctorate) and part-time minister while doing this, so I'm busy, but this does not mean I won't invest. If there is someone who could use me, believe me, they'll get their use out of me. I just want to make a difference in kids' lives. So if anyone has any ideas or knows someone that might be interested, please email me at briandrankwine@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless,

Brian Drinkwine

Edited by tnmat

Hey guys,

I am sending this out to ask if people can keep an eye out on schools in the Nashville area which will need an assistant or head coach next year. I am looking for a place that wouldn't mind either paying or doing some sort of "scholarship" for school. I'm not looking for the money, but you know how it is... being a poor college student and all. ;) I am experienced in the sport (I have coaching experience, and was a TSSAA official for 3 years), and want to be able to give back to the sport which gave me so much. I will be a full-time student (this seems to be something that will last for a while, since I want to go all the way to my doctorate) and part-time minister while doing this, so I'm busy, but this does not mean I won't invest. If there is someone who could use me, believe me, they'll get their use out of me. I just want to make a difference in kids' lives. So if anyone has any ideas or knows someone that might be interested, please email me at briandrankwine@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless,

Brian Drinkwine

Call me Brian, Coach Fiscus.

Brian,

I would suggest you plan to officiate in our association. That could pay you better than a supplement, you could pick your schedule (sort of), and allow you some mat time coaching without having to worry about being compensated.

I know you officiated in Chattanooga, but I think we can straighten that out.

(OK, I AM KIDDING, KIDDING, LOVE AND APPRECIATE MY CHATTANOOGA BRETHERN!)

I hope you will consider that, you could only make our association deeper.

Call PA

reftn

Btw, my knives need sharpening.

I am still considering officiating again. I just think that wrestling might benefit more from my coaching abilities. I'm ruling nothing out right now.

See, here's my situation. Right now, I work full time and attend classes full time. I am meeting my needs financially, but mentally I'm just getting worn out. It can be difficult working 40 hours and taking 20 credit hours of classes, especially when they're all upper level. So, I hope to not work full time next year and invest in places that need me more. While I make more money working my current job, I'm not "making a difference," so to speak, in the same way as I would investing into peoples' lives.

I can say that my need will be high, but I think I can raise part of it between now and August, when school starts back up. The rest will need to be covered via either coaching/reffing, working, or a combination. I guess that's something to be negotiated.

I will wait another couple days before responding to people, just to be fair.

PS - reftn, the "my knives need sharpening" comment might sound a little scary to some people. Hahaha... Call 1-800-828-0448 and they'll get you all set up. You pay shipping to them, and they pay shipping back to you. The sharpening itself is free. I don't remember exactly how long, but the turnaround time is not long.