Projected DI Tournament seeds

BayouBear

Still leaves Creagan as the prohibative favorite. If the Red Bank / Bradley dual was a fair indication, then Tolbert has significant ground to make up to catch up to Creagan. The interesting match in this weight will be Young / Creagan in the semis as they haven't wrestled yet this year (yes, I'll go out on the limb and pencil Young in the semis). One more example of how the seeding criteria for this tourney needs improvement as Young is 2-0 against Tolbert this year and his record was deserving of the 3rd seed.

Here's one I couldn't understand at 215.

I saw Ian Merrideth beat the SD this year. How was the SD kid higher ranked than Ian?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still leaves Creagan as the prohibative favorite. If the Red Bank / Bradley dual was a fair indication, then Tolbert has significant ground to make up to catch up to Creagan. The interesting match in this weight will be Young / Creagan in the semis as they haven't wrestled yet this year (yes, I'll go out on the limb and pencil Young in the semis). One more example of how the seeding criteria for this tourney needs improvement as Young is 2-0 against Tolbert this year and his record was deserving of the 3rd seed.

Were there any other situations in the tournament where a better wrestler (in previous head to head competition) placed lower because of the blind draw? It makes no sense to me that a region winner would not be seeded, possibly in combination with one of our unofficial rankings, win / loss records, etc.

young is a tough kid! what a great job for a frosh! plus tolbert..... wow!!! so where does that leave creagan? because i saw him taking a forfeit in the second round. it must be nice to have some forfeiting to him at the state tourny

in the first round the kenwood kid suflaid...i cant spell...and knocked the kid out...so thats why creagan got the forfeit

he beat him in ot of the finals