Hampton Bulldogs defeat #6 in the state Unicoi Co.

BIG DAWG 71

* UMM Well I thought we got past all this last year kids....but guess not. I dont have a clue what you are talking about....as far as any of us know no one chased girls around Erwin. The only fights that happened were in our stands against your redneck good ol boy and the father of the girl he tried to hit. Dont start runnin your mouth about us unless you have something to back it up with.

* I will state again that back like oh I dont know 85 years ago when Erwin hung the freakin elephant for a SULLIVAN COUNTY circus because they didnt have anywhere to do it themselves....sorry guys but look it up....it all started there not here. We just got the bad rep for it. Here are just a couple quotes from one website....

1) "No one denies that Mary killed Eldridge in Kingsport, Tenn. on September 12, 1916."

2) " They tried to electrocute her in Kingsport -- they put 44,000 volts to her and she just danced a little bit,"

So since all these methods failed, and the only place that had a railroad big enough was Erwin and that is where they planned to kill her.... Since people that attended the circus were not satisified that Mary was not in the circus, they annouched that everyone would be able to attend her "Execution" at no extra charge... so who is sick now??? I mean dang...Just thought I would try to put this to an end.

* Yea I know you beat us 3 outta 4 times but hey we got the one that counted didnt we? umm now what did that win us...I just dont remember. But too bad we dont get to play yall this year. It would be a great pleasure to show you guys that your not all you think you are.

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~

Sorry that this is all about UC and SC, Hampton.....This should have been ended last year but it obviously wasnt.

Good job the other night you guys played hard to get the win. Good luck in your next games.

Edited by UCBlueDevils

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things, and people, never change. Yet again, a post about a game between Unicoi and an opposing school has turned into "Let's slam Unicoi because they're too afraid to play with the 'big boys'," which by the way, the "big boys" have nothing to do with the two teams this thread was originally about.

I swear, as long as I live I will never understand why teams from Unicoi County are looked down on so much. This goes all across the board, not just men's basketball. How much trash gets talked about the Blue Devil Baseball team...the softball team, girls' basketball and so on?

If I am correct, which I know I am, this thread was started by Hampton fans congratulating the Bulldogs in their win over Unicoi. It was NOT about the games between Central and Unicoi last year, it was NOT about how "redneck" Unicoi is, NOR was it about Erwin hanging an elephant. (which by the way, the previous reply is correct, Erwin was the only place in the area to have a crane large enough to hang the elephant due to the railroad. so they agreed to do KINGSPORT'S dirty work...know your history before you slam somebody else...otherwise you come off looking far worse than the person you attempt to slam)

It seems as though every time there is a thread even remotely discussing Erwin, someone feels the need to trash them as much as possible. What have we become? This thread was intended to be positive for the Hampton Bulldogs, yet we have allowed ourselves to turn this into another immature "my team is better than yours" fight. It appears we have become a society that would rather argue and fight with each other than congratulate and lift each other up. I must say, I am INCREDIBLY disappointed.

Edited by hard_ball1

Weeeeeell if you folks will notice, oh, about the 3rd post down, I WAS congratulating the Bulldogs on their victory. I didn't know I would get a 5 page history lesson but obviously I pressed some of your buttons :):) I could care less about what you all think of Sullivan Central or our fans. We came out on the better end of the deal after all... and oh yes how I wish we could have a rematch with the Blue Devils. The Cougars would embarrass you all. Your schedule compared to ours is pie. We would be state champs this year if we were still AA, We had a rematch with Bolivar Central at Arby's this year and we were ahead by 3 at the half!!! I will give Ike Weaver some credit though, he can ball.

Precisely. Who continues to bring up the subject? You know, there is some logic in the old Theodore Roosevelt saying, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." You get much more respect that way. And let us all take a second and consider which is more important in life...temporary satisfaction in slamming another person and feeling big about ourselves at their expense...or going about our own business, doing our job well and in silence while gaining the respect of those around us? The choice is yours, my friend. In the end, does any of this, any of this "my team could beat your team, your team stinks", mean ANYTHING? I think not.