Lebanon Basketball

LHS_Blue_Devils

LHS needs to pull out all the stops on this one and get this program back on track!

Below is the press release from Lebanon's Number one newspaper:

LEBANON -- Rochone Dilligard resigned Thursday afternoon after three seasons as the head coach of the Lebanon High girls basketball team.

A 1981 graduate of Lebanon and a former UT Lady Vol, Dilligard took over after Barbara Hallums resigned for health reasons in 2003.

Dilligard coached the Devilettes to records of 3-26, 3-26 and 4-24 -- an overall record of 10-76.

(The Wilson Post)

Edited by broman

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you see as top candidates for this job? Who would be a good person to take this job?

Heard the assistant at Smyrna from Lebanon does not want it, he is said to be looking at the Franklin job.

Some names that are out there are Jim McDowell(Lebanon boys assistant, Rickman(Wilson Central boys assistant), Randall Hutto(former Lebanon boys head coach), and maybe a former assistant from the Hallums era. Conflicting reports on interest of McDowell. Hutto is mostly speculation, but never say never. Rickman is definitely interested in the job.

How come every name you mention is male? Who is PC? Why is there not a female mentioned? Are you saying there is no female qualified?

Just telling you the names that are out there right now, but there are not as many women that go into coaching as men. That is just the way it is. In 9-AAA Kendrick at Gallatin is the lone female head coach, in 7-AAA it was 50-50 this past season, and in 8-AAA only Columbia and Tullahoma have female coaches. So if you are keeping count that means only 7 of 22 head coaches in these 3 districts are women. My guess is that if you go around the state those numbers are fairly consistent. If I hear of any women that are interested in the Lebanon position I'll certainly be glad to post it, but as of now I haven't heard of any. Maybe, you can recommend one.

Lebanon Basketball was always one of the top programs around when Campbell Brandon was around. Then he left and it was average at best. The feeder programs in Lebanon are normaly week other than Southside which feeds Wilson Central. The City of Lebanon Youth league is extremley week as it alway was. There is only one real choice to rebuild this program in Lebanon. That man is Randall Hutto,look at his track record.Girls our boys coaching is coaching. I hope Scott Benson and the Lebanon High Staff will take a hard look at Coach Hutto,as well as Coach Hutto taking a hard look at rebuilding Lebanon Girls back to the way they were in the 80's. He is the clear cut choice without question.

I cant see Coach Hutto coaching girls.....just doest fit. It will be a very interesting process. I do agree though that the youth program must be rebuilt. Mount Juliet/Gladeville has a great youth program with the West Wilson Basketball Association as you can tell it has produced some good players. Lebanon needs to hire the best person no matter what gender they are. I would apply but dont exaclty have th eright qulifications right now ha ha. Good luck Lady Devils