UC BLUE DEVILS 27-3

bigblue4life

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devils just wrapped up another (28-6 & substate berth last year) incredible season! 27-3 regular season this year! thoughts and predictions on the season and upcoming tournament... how far can they take it this post-season?

looks like the "Valley Beautiful" can't continue to brag about not losing to a Tennessee team this year..

"valley beautiful" has PLENTY to brag about. how many games did your team win this year?? i can tell you this... it wasn't 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not disrespecting the devils at all, very talented team. But comment to you is you guys were lucky to win 27. you guys probably had 6 or 7 wins with five points or less. I know, I know you won thats all that matters. But those were the teams you were supposed to beat by 20+ points. But playing like that in tourny time will get you nowhere. That record don't mean anything to most people. The real fans know where the competition is. And thats something English didn't want you guys to have this year. And yes, I know the coach has some say so on who he plays. Trust Me :rolleyes: I Know. He wanted to get all the easy games he could, so he could get that record that last years squad put in the books. True props to last years team with the tougher schedule. If they would have left the conference alone, then you would see about 3 or 4 more losses on your record. They got rid of three excellent teams and in return gave you one, South Greene. I don't care if you lost in FL, thats the only tough games you had. Think about it for a minute, if you played the three teams that left and the FL games. You would have 9 tough games instead of only 3. Plus tourny games with them. Don't start about South Greene being good either, they only got one player.

I went to some of the devils games, especially the hampton game. I'll tell u one thing, hampton deserved that game. They played so much harder than the devils. You could see the desire to win out on the court. Your blue devils have so much talent. But they don't know how to use it. Ike don't know how to do his moves on guys a ft smaller and a hundred pounds lighter. And colton i don't want to get started on him. That guy was such a dissapointment this year. Does he not realize that he is 6'4''. And most of the "college bound" guys that are 6'3 and taller are taking the ball to the hole. He must of not gotten the memo. All he wants to do is take jump shots. If he thinks he is going to get by with that in the next level, IF HE MAKES IT, hes got another thing coming. That boy won't hear the gun go off. Your boys need something to get a boost, because if you bring that game to the region. It will be a long ride home from Union County. But first you have to make it through the District. So don't go making threads on here about how great of a season you had, when there is nothing great about the teams you played. Im not starting anything with you or your devils, just stating the facts or opinions, however you want to take them.

Good Luck to ALL the teams in the conference.

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY IS A LITTLE BITTER TO ME..... NON CONF SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS" U.H 21-6, HAMPTON(PLAYED THEM LAST YEAR),

CLOUDLAND(PLAYED THEM LAST YEAR), WATAGUA 4A SCHOOL FROM N.C., HARDEES CLASSIC, KSA IN ORLANDO. MUCH TOUGHER THAN LAST YEAR. WEST GREENE AND CHUCKY DOAK ARE NEW TO CONFERENCE THIS YEAR BUT LAST YEARS TEAM THAT U SPEAK SO FONDLY OF ALSO PLAYED DOAK AND WEST GREENE!!!

SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT SCHEDULING "TRUST" YOU... YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU LOOK AT PEOPLES SCHEDULES THEY DON'T CHANGE MUCH FROM YEAR TO YEAR. PEOPLE ARE COMMITTED TO SCHOOLS EVERY SEASON. SAME PEOPLE PLAY SAME PEOPLE EVERY YEAR.

COLTON WHITE AND IKE WEAVER WOULD BOTH TAKE YOU ANY DAY!! EASY TO BE CRITICAL UNDER A NAME LIKE XMAS TREE!!

SOUNDS LOKE A VERY BITTER, MAYBE FORMER PLAYER, TO ME.....

Congratulations to Unicoi County on a very successful season against several good teams. Yes, a team will be lucky when they win that many games. And Yes, Hampton played with a lot of effort. Yes, Hampton deserved to win.

But the criticism of Weaver: Gee, all he did was score what, 24 points? He missed a million free throws or Unicoi County would probably have pulled out the win.

Again, Congratulations to fellow-Carter County team, Hampton; a Super win, especially now, just before tournament time; but Unicoi County deserves plenty of praise for an Outstanding season.

And further, John English Rocks! :thumb:

"valley beautiful" has PLENTY to brag about. how many games did your team win this year?? i can tell you this... it wasn't 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many students you got going over there?? Move on up in classification and play with the big boys......District 1 AAA....come on in to the Big 9...and before you start bragging about all those Big 9 teams you scrimmaged this past summer...a scrimmage is just that.. a scrimmage, so don't go bragging about playing in a scrimmage game.

ENGLISH DIDN'T MAKE DECISION TO CHANGE THE CONFERENCE FORMAT. BUT IF YOU STOP AND COMPARE THIS YEAR AND LAST YEARS SCHEDULES. THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE IS SULLIVAN CENTRAL AND VOLUNTEER(WHO THE DEVILS BEAT EARLIER) WERE TRADED FOR SOUTH GREENE AND UNAKA(WHO HAS BEEN TO 2 STRAIGHT STATE TOURNAMENTS, AND BY THE WAY BEAT VOLUNTEER TWICE THIS YEAR PLUS YOU ADD IN THE FLORIDA COMPETITION AND SORRY XMAS_TREE THE MORE YOU LOOK AT IT AND COMPARE THE 2 SEASONS ,THE LESS YOUR POST MAKES ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENGLISH DIDN'T MAKE DECISION TO CHANGE THE CONFERENCE FORMAT. BUT IF YOU STOP AND COMPARE THIS YEAR AND LAST YEARS SCHEDULES. THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE IS SULLIVAN CENTRAL AND VOLUNTEER(WHO THE DEVILS BEAT EARLIER) WERE TRADED FOR SOUTH GREENE AND UNAKA(WHO HAS BEEN TO 2 STRAIGHT STATE TOURNAMENTS, AND BY THE WAY BEAT VOLUNTEER TWICE THIS YEAR PLUS YOU ADD IN THE FLORIDA COMPETITION AND SORRY XMAS_TREE THE MORE YOU LOOK AT IT AND COMPARE THE 2 SEASONS ,THE LESS YOUR POST MAKES ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you try to post on to somewhere and thats all it is, people starting to say your a former player or you are a player or even coach. can't somebody just make a post w/o being called this or that. why on earth would you say something like that about being bitter, erwin has always been good at sports. whats there to be bitter about if someone was from there, i would let everyone know i was from there and be proud of it. yeah i used to play a little back in the day, probably way before your time, but for now, i told you i didn't want to get anything started, just stating my opinion. you may talk about this and that about this team or that team. you and i both know that none of these teams are built like last years. NONE of them. im not going to go back and forth with you like kids. i said my part, just leave it alone. we could go on and on about comparing this team to that team, but im not going to fool with it. now to you bigblue, good luck to your team.

please forgive my still in high school friends who want to do nothing but talk smack and get things started on here...

with that being said, i think the loss to hampton was exactly what the blue devils needed. hopefully that will show them that they are NOT the all dominate team and it will cause them to work harder to prepare themselves for the tournaments. even though i am away at school i did make it to a few games this year and was impressed for the most part. however i would have like to have seen a sullivan central on the schedule because of the great rivalry that was spawned between those two teams last year. agreed that colton does need to take the ball to the hole more and not settle for jump shots, i mean the kid has got talent he just needs to make better use of it. ike weaver has constantly improved throughout the year...he just needs to be a little more aggressive.

Congratulations to Unicoi County on a very successful season against several good teams. Yes, a team will be lucky when they win that many games. And Yes, Hampton played with a lot of effort. Yes, Hampton deserved to win.

But the criticism of Weaver: Gee, all he did was score what, 24 points? He missed a million free throws or Unicoi County would probably have pulled out the win.

Again, Congratulations to fellow-Carter County team, Hampton; a Super win, especially now, just before tournament time; but Unicoi County deserves plenty of praise for an Outstanding season.

And further, John English Rocks! :unsure:

Krich is right. Luck has a lot to do with having a great season. Look at Unaka's run to the state championship. They beat several teams at the buzzer that they could've lost to. Unicoi, just like Unaka however, just keeps winning. I think any school in the local area would trade records with Unicoi in a heart beat . Who knows with a little luck they could end up with a gold ball too. John English is another of the areas great young coaches.