East tennesee championship Greeneville middle vs. Athens middle

trashman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens should win. Should be a classic match up of the two best teams but Athens looks stronger in every position with a little deeper bench.

Not sure I understand your post. Evidently you haven't watched Greeneville much and haven't talked to any players or coaches who have played them. This group has gone 32-0 this year and only lost one game in the past 2 years. ( And it was a last second shot ). The same group of kids play for the Greeneville Tarheels and went undefeated in the state tournament of the NBA Hoop-It_Up 3-On-3 Championship. After that they marched through the World Championship in Orlando at th Wide World of Sports Complex. Go to Hoopitup.com to see who the #1 ranked team in the world is in their division. Which positions are they supposed to be weaker in? Best I can telll, Athens have 3 players capable of competing with Greeneville and if you were present for the Seveirville Middle game, you would have found that Superstars can be shut down. Greeneville had a comanding 20+ point lead early in the 3rd. I agree that it should be a good game, and I hope that the Athens coach and team has overlooked the tremendous amount of talent on Greeneville as much as you have.

Athens should win. Should be a classic match up of the two best teams but Athens looks stronger in every position with a little deeper bench.

Both teams are strong. I am not taking anything away from Greenville. As I said, it should be a great game. But the post was who do you think will win and why... It's just my opinion like yours. We both could be wrong.

What does their 3 on 3 status or ranking suppose to mean in a 5 on 5 game? Not quite the same now is it?

And like you, I hope Athens has been overlooked as well. They are very capable of earning the win. Could make for some stunned faces in the crowd on Monday night. I guess we'll both just have to wait and see. Good luck.

Both teams are strong. I am not taking anything away from Greenville. As I said, it should be a great game. But the post was who do you think will win and why... It's just my opinion like yours. We both could be wrong.

What does their 3 on 3 status or ranking suppose to mean in a 5 on 5 game? Not quite the same now is it?

And like you, I hope Athens has been overlooked as well. They are very capable of earning the win. Could make for some stunned faces in the crowd on Monday night. I guess we'll both just have to wait and see. Good luck.

My point with 3-on-3 champs was that these guys have competed with some of the best talent not just in Tennessee, but the entire nation. Now to answer your post question, I cannot honestly say who will win. I have only seen your guys play twice. There is usually more to a team's capabilities than what you see in 2 games. I can say I hope Greeneville wins and that it should be a good game. Until I see ateam weather the storm and come through under different adverse situations, I cannot truly judge their ability. I don't even know their record. What is their record and who has beaten them?

My point with 3-on-3 champs was that these guys have competed with some of the best talent not just in Tennessee, but the entire nation. Now to answer your post question, I cannot honestly say who will win. I have only seen your guys play twice. There is usually more to a team's capabilities than what you see in 2 games. I can say I hope Greeneville wins and that it should be a good game. Until I see ateam weather the storm and come through under different adverse situations, I cannot truly judge their ability. I don't even know their record. What is their record and who has beaten them?

I know that you don't know who will win and niether do I but I do know that streaks usually end. You put too much on past accomplishments and team records. If everything you say is true then Athens should probably not show up but... I bet they do. (hey that rhyms you know and kind of catchy too)

By the way, What will you have to say if Athens wins? Would that mean they are the better team or would it mean that Greenville had a bad game? Would that mean you would never post again?

Ah heck, lets just wait and see. I'm sure you will think of something if that should happen. I look forward to a great championship game between the 2 obvious best teams there.

who said anything about these boys losing. and this teams record isnt about to end here. you should see the way these boys are preparing to beat this athens team. I just want to see what everyone says when Greeneville wins in both boys and girls. Come at 6:15 at Pigeon Forge Middle school om monday to see these Athens boys get their eyes opened by a real team.

Im with you net burner...I dont know who these guys are that are saying athens is going to win. They must be related to team members and are trying to make them feel good, because they have nothing on these greeneville boys. I just saw these boys today at the YMCA. These boys beat every full adult team put against them. If they can beat adults then they can beat these guys...ha...it shouldnt be much of a game unless these greeneville boys just fall apart...Because these boys arent going down without a fight for this undefeated season

who said anything about these boys losing. and this teams record isnt about to end here. you should see the way these boys are preparing to beat this athens team. I just want to see what everyone says when Greeneville wins in both boys and girls. Come at 6:15 at Pigeon Forge Middle school om monday to see these Athens boys get their eyes opened by a real team.

I don't have a dog in the race BUT I would bet that Athens is PROBABLY preparing to beat that Greeneville team just as hard. Greeneville sure does seem quite defensive even though I haven't seen one comment on here by anybody from Athens. I do know Athens has some good middle school talent and one of the best coaches around. They sure did pound our middle school team twice this year.

Im with you net burner...I dont know who these guys are that are saying athens is going to win. They must be related to team members and are trying to make them feel good, because they have nothing on these greeneville boys. I just saw these boys today at the YMCA. These boys beat every full adult team put against them. If they can beat adults then they can beat these guys...ha...it shouldnt be much of a game unless these greeneville boys just fall apart...Because these boys arent going down without a fight for this undefeated season

So since these in shape teenagers can wack a bunch of out of shape adults that means they are unbeatable ??