God I love this sport

bear cat brown

Great job BCB. I could appreciate 100% the words you threw out there on this board. I don't enjoy long reads like this, but once I got going I couldn't stop!! Now here's mine for what it's worth...

What a fabulous season and ending!!!

I visited with James J. and Yogi A. and it took me back some 25-30 years, but I'm struggling with "the Buck Lat." I'm sure he is someone I know too, just can't place.

I was saddened to hear Kenny Mara will be retiring, probably to make room for others now. He certainly had the most respect as a mentor in our sport over the years. He called many of my matches in the early and late 70's, as did a few others there at state. Great seeing you Clint Abbott. I hated to see Donnie Elsie, not calling matches, but he should stick around a few more years and keep helping. I guess they rotate between The Duals and The Traditional.

I'm also happy for SD, Bradley, Baylor and McCallie that they could share some hardware this year. I was glad to see the Irish of Chatt-town pull into the top three. The enthusiasm this year may have never been higher for a ND team, at least in the past 25 years or so.

I was glad to see Jeff Jordan take a young and inexperienced team to the finals of the duals and take BC down to the wire. Congrats to both teams for that one. Congrats to Franklin and their strong finish and the OW. I know some proud parents. Good people!!

I'm happy for Coach Nash and his talented son, Justin. I'm happy for Frank Simpson and his future NCAA force coming up in John Michael. It was a pleasure meeting the Francis family the other night at Porter's. Good people with a very fine 103 in Jeff. Has there been a Tee/Jeff match up this year? How bout Hunter, even though MBA is D2?

I felt Justin Spain did a fine job and BB has to be proud. A Kelly/Brandon matchup would be interesting. I was proud of Creagan for his endurance and smarts on the mat. Very impressive!! R. Fuller did so well with his knee and lost conditioning this season. J. Pair didn't want to out due his dad and ended up matching his silver from some 30 years ago. Great match!! Spike was impressive, especially with a Ryan Fuller in there. I sure was happy for the Abrigo kid of Forrest who did what it took to get there. He sure turned it on!!

Of course proud of Nic who can go so many places, hopefully closer though, like UTC. Nick Reveiz was impressive and such the athlete with skills he can use to never miss a tackle again. Tough weight class!!

Tom Minwell was given some tough competition and that weight class became most interesting. Congrats to all of those sleepers (i.e., Frankie Morgan & Josh Bourland) that rose to the occasion.

Great matches at 171 and HW with Tyler Roberson (SD) & Landon Hall (Mary) and .John Vandergriff & Jon Sivley. Sure was pleased with Zack Potter who will be back next season. He was a David and Goliath type guy.

Sure was happy for the Young twins. Real scrappers and back for another season! GC has some fine assets returning. He did a fine job after losing his captain, Josh Wheeler earlier this year. I felt sad for the Goss family, but happy for the Dosters,,, all good people!! Felt sooo sad for one of the finest young men you will ever meet in Robbi Ronison. Soooo close, but the throw finally happened at the final seconds.

The best match was sooo great!! Agree HT?????????

I've had a sneaking suspicion that Steve Logsdon will not make it much longer without getting back into it again. I'm excited to hear the rumors.

I can't begin to list all of the friends and former competitors, now parents, I ran into. It was soooo fun. Pat Murphy, who I haven't caught up with in about 6-7 years, was the same guy as ever, doing great and now has a couple of boys in the Blue. They will have their souls stretched by GC over there, where I believe Pat drove himself a lot some 25-30 years ago (I remember David Copeland and Jim Morgan just let him do his own thing). Can't believe I missed RMC and didn't catch up with the Ooltewah neighbors, Vol or Jakesdad. I guess the Vol had to prioritize and see his Spencer compete in a big one. I wonder how he did? Did he do well against Dunning? Both great ones out of Tennessee. ;)

RC and Mike Parker, Charlie Goss & The Mrs., and Jim Morgan ran an excellent tournament and I was happy to be involved some with many of these fine people.

It was great to see Bond Davis (who is working out with UTC and now wanting to go after what he's capable of) and many of our UTC wrestlers helping out as usual.

BCB, e-mail me when you get a chance adsom@bellsouth.net. It's so funny, out of this huge crowd, how a friend I invited down from New York runs into a couple of HT's and your "past or present" to give them some uplifting words and congrats. It's a kindred spirit thing I guess. They have no clue he had anything to do with me and then to give them that bracket later on was so funny. ;)

On a serious note,,, Many folks do not know this, but our boy, Spence, wasn't going to region or state a while ago due to head and neck injuries; but he was allowed to participate and struggled to place second in the region tournament. In a matter of a few days (Sunday thru Thursday) he became competitive enough to make a little noise in the state tournament. We felt so blessed that he was healthy and could create some memories for all of us. He says he will pass on all he has learned the past four years to his two younger brothers, and we're excited to keep coming back and see all of you good people in our wrestling family.

I thank Coach Gonyea, Pitts, Hale and Giasanti for all of their hard work and sacrifice.Congrats on a top 30 finish after having no quailfiers last season!! Thaniks for all of the hard work from our boys, Brian, Josh, Pher, Spence, Adam, and Robbie and the others that came so close, but will be back next season. Hopefully our middle situation can be shored up. :(:(

[/b]Thanks for a fun season, guys!!

It was great!!

Dave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Great one from Hixson '78-'79...

To clarify, Pat was his own motivation it seemed, not Copeland at Hixson. Although Pat never attended McCallie, GC left a legacy for us at Hixson which pushed some of us to higher levels and created some obvious appreciation on my part, as well as others who have even chosen him as their son's coach in recent years.

Oh, a couple of things I forgot: Congrats to good people of Kingston, Science Hill, Greenville, and Maryville for a fine showing from the far east.

Congrats to Ronnie Bray and his boys & especially Gibbs and Scott. Fine people over there!! Germantown, Collierville, Houston & Munford did well & fine folks too.

Congrats to LaVergne, and Hendersonville for making a good showing at state for our region 8 and to Smyrna in a 3rd place finish. I forgot about the anklet one of our triplets threw down which deducted a point and put us in 32nd instead of 30th, but still 3rd for region 8 thumb ;);):(

Congrats to Josh Peck and his Ravenwood team's strong showing & Coach Grimwood's Forest finish as well.

Again, congrats to Ooltewah's and Kenwood's tougher teams this season. Fine way to end the season.

I'm glad that I don't have to sing in the choir today, for after the last verse of "Let's go Irish " at Hooters (Great Food) BCB is left without a voice. You might want to go refill your coffee, cause I got lots to say in my last post of the year.

Now that your back lets start.

Here's what I'm glad for this year!

I'm glad that Soddy and Baylor won this weekend, for I think that 4 great teams (Bradley and McCallie) deserve to be crowned champions this year. And since McCallie and Bradley won the Duals it turned out to be a great year in wrestling from this fans stand point.

I'm glad that I was there to see Kenny Mara ,who is without a doubt the best darn Ref in the state of tenn, Ref his last match. Good luck Kenny reffing the pee wees

I'm glad that both Bo Urasy and Nick Bundy won State titles.

I'm glad that Martha and Roy, ( they were the two ushers who kicked me off the floor and out of the aisle 642 times ) had a great sense of humor. Roy, I had that pitcher of Screwdrivers made up for you but you never showed.

I'm glad that Shane Turner and Kevin Emily have the passion, fire, and love of the sport and are never afraid to show their emotions

I'm glad that I got to sit by Mr Spain While his son wrestled a double OT match. I have never witnessed a seemingly calm person in such a tense situation. You might want to start giving seminars, I think Harry and I could benefit

I'm glad that a Soddy man gave up his seat to me (this was Roys 542ed time to tell me to get off the floor) while my youngun was wrestling in the semis. Thank you Mr McCrosky. On the same note thank you Mrs McCrosky for the goody bag that you made for the Irish boys (no garnishment this week)

I"m glad for all the people that I have met through wrestling. New ones to add to the list Mr and Mrs Randolph & Wendell Weathers and last but not least Zac Adamson, he's a chip off the old block

I'm glad for meeting # 129, I thought it was a classic, but nothing beat our last one # 356

I'm glad that all three Region 4 103lber brought home some hardware Tee 3rd, Dustin Stewart (SD) 5th and Chris Bradbury (Ool) 6th

I'm glad the Keefegirl and Stove top Stuffing are Irish Haters. Today has to be an eat crow all day , for these two feeble boys. To quote stick it up your pipe " Irish will be way down the leader board on Sat night looking up at the 3rd place team"

As N. Dynamite said "Gosh Idiot "

I'm glad that the Byrnwood boys brought it home: Ben Johnson 1st Daniel Waddell 1st ,Spike Rawn 2nd, Tee Boone 3rd and Joey the Man Royster who unfortunantly was in the toughest weight class D1 125 and did not place but who has my admiration. Way to go boys.

I'm glad for the Young Boys ( Twins and Jake ) What a meeting that had to be. In the same thought I hope that Mike Bell brings home the Gold next year, for he is a classy young Catholic man.

I'm glad that Virginia Ann and Tim Manson decided to have that second child. Cory Manson is the epitome of what I hope my children grow up to be. Cory you will be sorely missed by this fan and the Baylor wrestlers and fans. Good Luck in your Bright Future.

I'm glad for all the other coacht fanactics Walkenvol, Raider76, Harry, MtnRasslin, Herm, Ijtx, LuLu, Cityhigh79, Rawn, Rawn2, Allsaints,Sassylongandlean,Deadduxs,WhiskyJoe, Rabble Rouser, Bayoubear,coachcarter and all the many others that have made this a fun year. I forgot one, thank you Sommers, and your boy is a he77 of a wrestler.

I'm glad I finally got to put a face to Brickhousechick

I'm glad that my Godson Mr Adamson is a 2x State champion and that Spike Rawn had a unbelievably run in this years state tournament in finishing 2nd and Ian Merideth our LEADER won his final match as an IrishMan

I'm glad we finally won the award for loudest and enthusiastic fans. That's the way fans should be. Bradley and Soddy set the bar high in the duals but I think we might have past them " LETS GO IRISH

The last thing I'm glad for is that James Jabaley is back in the Irish wrestling room helping out. I know he has meant alot to the 103lber

Now what I'm grateful for:

The chance to spend time with all the Irish wrestlers, you guys are great representives of your families and of NOTRE DAME

Coach John Mullins, Tim Voiles and John Lennon. I wish the wrestling community knew how these men have excelled without a feeder program, practicing in a 15 x 30 room and putting up with Harry and I ( Mostly me ) I'm glad we made our dec to send Tee to ND

The Merideth clan: Vicki and Doc have been and I hope will continue to be a large part in ND wrestling. Tevis, I will miss your hat stealing abilties Ryne thank you for the filming of the boy, you finally got the last one perfect. Ian, I wish you great success at the Naval Academy.

Getting to spend time with my Great friend Harry, It has been a excellent adventure and one I look forward to for the coming 7 years.

Sassylongandlean she puts up with all my faults( and she says I have quite a few) and still loves me, that's a pretty good woman

And last but not least my son TEE BOONE. I'm a hard #### son of a gun and tough to please but he has made me so proud throughout his life. For his 1st High School wrestling year he finished 50-4 in getting a 3rd at state. I'm very proud of you and Love You very much, but I can still kick your butt in PingPong

Two things that I would have changed this year are:

1. I believe that the best refs in the state should be at the State tournament. I don't understand why we have to have x amount from each city. Chattanooga is blessed to have the very best and they all need to be there

2. I would change the result of one match . I wish that Robby Robinson would have won his finals match, that one broke many peoples heart including mine, for he is such an unbelievably young man. But in true Robby Robinson style he was smiling later. Thank You Robby

I know that I will have several edits, for little things will come to me later on, but for now..............sing it with me Walkenvol ,Screen door slams , Marys dress waves. Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays, Roy Orbison...........

Good night Mrs Habershaw where ever you may be

BEAR CAT BROWN

A.- In a word... AMEN !

2.- Backatcha Bearcat !!

C.- Way to go Jay !

4.- "It's a town full of LOSERS ( wherever it is that Keefy and Stovey live) and we're pullin' outta here to WIN !! (Finish it , Clarence)

E.- Rip 'em up, Tear 'em up, give 'em he<< IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was very nice to meet Bear Cat Brown and SassyLongandLean, very nice people. Congratulations to Tee on a great Freshman season, look forward to watching you in the future. Thanks Bear and Sassy for being so nice to my wife and I. Maybe next year we can make one of your meetings, but you'll have to share your pancakes with me next time. ( Pancake statement is a hint so you'll know who I am.) Thanks, Congrats and Good Luck! Your friend, kdxdude

I'm glad that Virginia Ann and Tim Manson decided to have that second child. Cory Manson is the epitome of what I hope my children grow up to be. Cory you will be sorely missed by this fan and the Baylor wrestlers and fans. Good Luck in your Bright Future.

I'm glad for all the other coacht fanactics Walkenvol, Raider76, Harry, MtnRasslin, Herm, Ijtx, LuLu, Cityhigh79, Rawn, Rawn2, Allsaints,Sassylongandlean,Deadduxs,WhiskyJoe, Rabble Rouser, Bayoubear,coachcarter and all the many others that have made this a fun year. I forgot one, thank you Sommers, and your boy is a he77 of a wrestler.

Getting to spend time with my Great friend Harry, It has been a excellent adventure and one I look forward to for the coming 7 years.

Sassylongandlean she puts up with all my faults( and she says I have quite a few) and still loves me, that's a pretty good woman

And last but not least my son TEE BOONE. I'm a hard #### son of a gun and tough to please but he has made me so proud throughout his life. For his 1st High School wrestling year he finished 50-4 in getting a 3rd at state. I'm very proud of you and Love You very much, but I can still kick your butt in PingPong

Two things that I would have changed this year are:

Good night Mrs Habershaw where ever you may be

BEAR CAT BROWN

BCB - I have enjoyed so much reading the wrestling forum this season with you and Harry being such regular posters. I am so proud of so many of these fine young men. I loved watching the parade of champions. Cole Perrin, Tee Boone, Will and Joe Young, Jay Adamson, Corey Manson, Daniel Waddell. It has been so exciting to follow these boys this season. I am counting on you and Harry to continue with your "colorful" posts next season. You are a good man!

Edited by cityhi79

Much attention has been given to the first place winners, as it should be; but I wanted to note the following for what they accomplished.

Talan Noman - Coach Gabe continues to bring his fine Kurd wrestlers to high Overton levels.

David Mang - Mr. Mang spends endless hours to get his boy to this level and what a mtach!!

Joseph Pair - What a solid wrestler dad and coach Pair put together. Fine young man!!

Tanner Withrow- What a machine!!!!!!!!! Knee cap shoved to the side one week, next week challenging Nic Bundy in the State finals!! :)

Spike Rawn- Fantasitc showing guys!!

Morgan AbrigoFrom getting teched and majored from similar compitition to becoming one major force at 140, taking Kellan down and keeping it close. Great coaching and support!!!

Ben Scott - Fine young man with fine parents and coaching. Just hit a buzz saw. :lol:

Justin Spain - Great support and dad wo knew before the season started what was up on Feb. 18th. What a scout!!

Danny Tolbert - Outstanding preparation and power going into the finals against one of the nation's best :thumb:

Matt Lettner - Tough competitor and gave Rigger's guy all he wanted to the end.

Proud of what you guys did!

Soms

i'd have to agree with you on that, but more important than their rantings is the support group for ND wrestling( where they have brought many out of the closet).This will help their school's wrestling numbers and hey if you are gonna follow this great sport from nov. - feb. you might as well have fun - Congrats to N.D. and CLAN for a good year - JT

Wait a minute Deaddux, Harry and Bear Cat were never in the closet. They are only friends, I have been camping with them and their not like that. Of course I am only kidding . I enjoyed reading the posts very much this year. Almost as much as Adamson-Mang final match, what a great match with 2 great wrestlers.

And now for my congrats....

Congrats to Notre Dame in their 3rd place finish. Far above my expectations and seemingly well deserved.

p.s. crow taste like chicken. Believe me I know, I have eaten platefull.

I cant wait for next season.

Seemingly ? Thanx for the 99% congrats. Do you also speak for Keefy or will he slither out from under his rock and post his own congratulatory/apologetic post ?

And now for my congrats....

Congrats to Notre Dame in their 3rd place finish. Far above my expectations and seemingly well deserved.

p.s. crow taste like chicken. Believe me I know, I have eaten platefull.

I cant wait for next season.

That's all we get ????

You belittle the acomplishments of young men and try to taint their State Championship and this is what you give the Irish Nation. Come on Stoveboy for once why don't you tell the people of coacht that your opinions stink. I was driving down the road talking to Walkenvol and his response to you was " that's why I never pay any attention to him, cause he's an Idiot" Hope that was close WV

All your negitive talk about kids, parents and teams makes me believe that you are a never was, never will be athlete. For if you were then you would never downplay anyones acomplishments.

You like to qoute all these latin phrases, but I ain't no smart boy like you, so I'll leave you with a Quote from my favorite line in a movie

"You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it up your @@@"

and then little Timmy Lupus says " And wait till next year"

Go Irish

Bear Cat Brown

Edited by bear cat brown

That's all we get ????

You belittle the acomplishments of young men and try to taint their State Championship and this is what you give the Irish Nation. Come on Stoveboy for once why don't you tell the people of coacht that your opinions stink. I was driving down the road talking to Walkenvol and his response to you was " that's why I never pay any attention to him, cause he's an Idiot" Hope that was close WV

You know what I don't want an apology from you and your "special friend" (that is how you introduce keefefag to everyone ,isn't it??) with a lisp.

All your negitive talk about kids, parents and teams makes me believe that you are a never was, never will be athlete. For if you were then you would never downplay anyones acomplishments.

You like to qoute all these latin phrases, but I ain't no smart boy like you, so I'll leave you with a Quote from my favorite line in a movie

"You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it up your a$$"

and then little Timmy Lupus says " And wait till next year"

Go Irish

Bear Cat Brown

BCB and Harry The Imposter--------------maybe Keefjam just doesn't like crow-----could be a vegetarian----------so why don't you make him eat a "cupcake" with some green icing on it instead. Maybe that will bring him out from his hiding place. You might urge him with a little " Here Keefie Kat, here Keefie Kat.........."

In case you have forgotten about Keefejams love of "cupcakes'", here was his opening salvo on your post following ND's A-AA championship:

.....................................................................................................................

Mr. BCB

How do you think ND will be prepared for the next round? Don't you think entering

the CUP CAKE division will hurt the IRISH? While Bradley, Soddy,OOLT,Maryville,

and others are facing the best of best don't you think they will be better MAT tested than your team. Remember tough competition brings out the BEST in the Man just wondering how you feel it will affect ND. I just don't think you did your guys justice. Just got a strange feeling walking thru state won't be as easy this time around.

Congratulations on The State Cupcake CHAMPIONSHIP! I love GREEN on my Cupcakes!

KEEFJAMS

.....................................................................................................................

Let's see, was ND prepared for the next round?-----------sure looks like it. Did entering D-I A-AA hurt ND?---------sure doesn't look like it. Were Ooltewah (6th), Maryville (14th), and the others better MAT tested than ND?------ the results don't support that claim. As for how you feel "it" ( i.e. the Cupcake Division) will affect ND, if tough competition brings out the BEST in the Man, then my guess is that you must feel ND faced some tough competition since it finished THIRD behind only Soddy and Bradley in that "next round". And that strange feeling Keefjams has is what comes over you when your foot is inserted in your mouth. To paraphrase Marie Antoinette as the French masses were screaming for her head: " Let him eat cake"....................but put a lot of Irish green icing on it first, please.

Bear Cat Brown-

What class you have. I just love the last swan song, and what a great year it has been! Look forward to many more. I, like you, have been a bit disappointed to not hear properly from Keefjams and Stoved Up. A sincere apology would have been nice. and since they both love to quote here our a few for them:

"The character of a man is known from his conversations"

Menander

"if you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies."

Moshe Dayan

But since they have continued to hide behind a screen name the entire season BearCat, I wouldn't expect much from the yellow bellied two!

My final quote is for you and all of us that have had more fun this season than ever dreamed of.... GO IRISH!!!!!!

Ob-la-di, Obla-da, Life goes on.

Lu-lu