2006 AAA State Tournament Winner

salty

Unless TSSAA cancels the tournament, some AAA team in Tennessee is going to hoist the gold ball on a Saturday night at Murphy Center (Rick's Big Glass Grill).

It could be captured by any of 10 or more good teams across the state.

There is no favorite, regardless of what all the CoachT fans may think. Usually there are 2 or 3 teams (often 1) that are clear-cut favorites. Not this year. It is wide open. Whoever gets hot, gets lucky, and stays healthy wins. Makes for a great, possibly surprising, tournament run.

I'm not naming names, but I see 3 teams from East Tennessee, 5 from Middle Tennessee, and 2 from West Tennessee with a shot. All these teams have weaknesses that could sabotage their chances. All have strengths that could carry them to the title.

One of them will win. The others will say "That could be us."

They will be right. It could've been.

Good luck to all.

Edited by salty

Post from saturday night on 7 AAA thread-

"My reason for posting here was not to create any disagreement. I think that some of the people here would rather talk about what is wrong than what is right with District 7 AAA. In reality, there will most likely not be a State AAA Champ from the Mid-State. Not in 7AAA, 8 AAA or 9 AAA because there are 16 districts in AAA. Most of us know nothing about any of these other districts. There are good teams from each Mid State district , but not a dominate team. The winning team will be the one who gets hot, has some luck, gets good officiating and has a positive outlook.

The winning team will not be the one with the most optomistic posts on Coach T, the one with the fierce loyalty of fans that blurs reality, the one that, during the regular season, beat this team or lost to that one. Ideally, the winning team will be the most focused, determained and talented at this point in time. Have the girls at White County worked harder than the girls from Warren County. Has Siegel suffered more than Riverdale in their quest for the District Championchip? I doubt it.

All of these ladies should be commended for the thousands of hours they have spent to be the best they can be. There will always be a victorious team and a defeated team, but there are no losers.

Best of luck to all of the Mid-Stae teams. If you win, many of us will share in your success, although we have done nothing to deserve it.. If you don't, many of us will look for the reason(s) why. Will it be bad coaching? Horrible calls? Unfortunate injuries ? Maybe it would be better to celebrate the spirit of sport, congratulate all of the participants for games well played, learn the lesson of life, that we rarely win it all, but are far better for the effort. After all, it is what it is."

Post from saturday night on 7 AAA thread-

"My reason for posting here was not to create any disagreement. I think that some of the people here would rather talk about what is wrong than what is right with District 7 AAA. In reality, there will most likely not be a State AAA Champ from the Mid-State. Not in 7AAA, 8 AAA or 9 AAA because there are 16 districts in AAA. Most of us know nothing about any of these other districts. There are good teams from each Mid State district , but not a dominate team. The winning team will be the one who gets hot, has some luck, gets good officiating and has a positive outlook.

The winning team will not be the one with the most optomistic posts on Coach T, the one with the fierce loyalty of fans that blurs reality, the one that, during the regular season, beat this team or lost to that one. Ideally, the winning team will be the most focused, determained and talented at this point in time. Have the girls at White County worked harder than the girls from Warren County. Has Siegel suffered more than Riverdale in their quest for the District Championchip? I doubt it.

All of these ladies should be commended for the thousands of hours they have spent to be the best they can be. There will always be a victorious team and a defeated team, but there are no losers.

Best of luck to all of the Mid-Stae teams. If you win, many of us will share in your success, although we have done nothing to deserve it.. If you don't, many of us will look for the reason(s) why. Will it be bad coaching? Horrible calls? Unfortunate injuries ? Maybe it would be better to celebrate the spirit of sport, congratulate all of the participants for games well played, learn the lesson of life, that we rarely win it all, but are far better for the effort. After all, it is what it is."

I'll add a prayer for health and safety for all participants in the tournaments (including for those cheerleaders that perform incredible stunts on hard wood!)

Past that, and with all due respect, I would like to remind all the Mid State players that surf these posts that you have won the Championship 7 of the last 8 years, so "in reality" I believe you will take home the Gold Ball again - iron vs. iron, y'all have the tools, talents, and coaching staffs! You have put in the hours, do not settle for "it is what it is".

I also believe in intangibles such as loyal (rabid!) fans that support their teams at all times, home or on the road, and I bet you do too!

:D

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND