9a District tourney

fatman from vb

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to the next two games to see who will go to the championships next games are Forrest vs Van Buren Cascade vs Eagleville who will the top two be

These will be tough fought games for the rights to the Championship. I know it is very hard to beat a team like VB 3 times but I feel the Rockets have what it takes to get it done.

With Eagleville and Cascade splitting this too is a battle but I think Eagleville is the stronger team and will win it.

Forrest vs Eagleville for the Championship. Again these two teams split in the regular season. It goes down to the wire but I pick Forrest coming out on top by a couple.

Good luck to all teams!!

B)

Eagleville and VB looked good last night... My team is Forrest though... It will be very very close though... I think Cascade is the bottom team of the four!

well eagleville looked good mostly cause they played boyd. but however boyd was only down by a few at the times. and then kept eagleville from scoring in the 3rd for almost 5 min. by which boyd scored. then eagleville got it togather and started playing. boyd christian dominated the offensive boards. bet they had more offensive boards than eagleville had deffensive boards.

cascade looked decent but whats the pt. of having a 6 ft6 athlete that has had his best games in the post and you have him bringing it down the court. hate to tell you but he ain't lebron james.

vb played alright in spots. after half time they finally going to the glass. they are a lot better team if they work inside out and then knock down the shot when it comes out. and when they went to the offensive boards the game started moving frontward for vb. and their defense didn't look to bad either.

well eagleville looked good mostly cause they played boyd. but however boyd was only down by a few at the times. and then kept eagleville from scoring in the 3rd for almost 5 min. by which boyd scored. then eagleville got it togather and started playing. boyd christian dominated the offensive boards. bet they had more offensive boards than eagleville had deffensive boards.

cascade looked decent but whats the pt. of having a 6 ft6 athlete that has had his best games in the post and you have him bringing it down the court. hate to tell you but he ain't lebron james.

vb played alright in spots. after half time they finally going to the glass. they are a lot better team if they work inside out and then knock down the shot when it comes out. and when they went to the offensive boards the game started moving frontward for vb. and their defense didn't look to bad either.

We should stay away from critiquing (sp?) these other schools until we have done something ourselves. We are 1-5 against the top three seeds and even though each game was decided by one possession we have not earned the right to second guess any other teams performance. Congratulations cascade and eagleville on two big wins. Good luck wednesday night and have a safe trip to the mountain.

Please!?! Boyd was only down by a few at the end? How about 33 points?!? Eagleville pulled it's starters with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period. This isn't to disrespect Boyd, they played hard and intense. They were just outmanned as Eagleville was playing very well. Respect is something that Eagleville just can't get unless we win it all. Guess that's why we play the games. See you there.

Edited by eagledad

It seems to me everyone is overlooking Forrest. We may not win, but we have as good of chance as anybody. There are all good teams left and tonight could be a great game. However if our boys come out sluggish after an eight day layoff it could be a long ride home. Good luck to all and have a safe trip up the mountain!

Hey i am going to say that it will be Forest against Eagleville for the championship. but i also think that the championship game will be a little one sided. the boys from eagleville are good this year. they are one of the better teams that i have gotten to watch a few times this year. if they show up like they did the games that i have seen them in it wont even be close. well good luck to all the teams.

It seems to me everyone is overlooking Forrest. We may not win, but we have as good of chance as anybody. There are all good teams left and tonight could be a great game. However if our boys come out sluggish after an eight day layoff it could be a long ride home. Good luck to all and have a safe trip up the mountain!

I don't know about overlooking Forrest. How does one overlook the division champ and top seed?

Forrest is a strong team with some weaknesses that your very good coach has covered well, but some of the other strong teams have figured out how to exploit them. In 9A Eagleville is the only one who has, and given their record and style of play they have a real shot at pulling off the upset. This should be one great game!

VB should beat Cascade but Cascade's has made a year out of winning games they should not have.