12A rainouts

cottereagle111

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way that i understood the rainouts was that all dist. rain out would be made up on that wendsday. but the last i heard Mt.Pleasants coach refused to make up the collinwood rain out on Wed. i like the idea of the new system but if were gonna have one lets stick to it.

if anyone knows when the game will be made up let me know.

thanks

the way that i understood the rainouts was that all dist. rain out would be made up on that wendsday. but the last i heard Mt.Pleasants coach refused to make up the collinwood rain out on Wed. i like the idea of the new system but if were gonna have one lets stick to it.

if anyone knows when the game will be made up let me know.

thanks

The Mt. Pleasant Coach is not wanting to do a Wednesday make-up on behalf of his players. Most of the players go to church on that night which starts at 7:00 and would be impossible to do if they were playing a game in Collinwood. Whoever made up that rule did not consider this. What would be wrong with a Saturday make-up date?

Baseball should not interfer with church. As far as make-ups go, Sunday afternoons are great, especially in smaller communities. The whole town would turn out to see Collinwood-Mt. Pleasant, Wayne County-Summertown, etc. Good way to raise some money for the program also.

Wouldn't the players that go to church on Wednesday be in church on Sunday? :thumb:

having a certain day set up for make up games is a good idea. this way teams don't have to cancel non-district games just to get make up games in at the end of the year. as for playing on Saturdays most teams have games scheduled already. especially tournaments. plus since the dist. games are scheduled back to back on Mon. and Tue. to keep a team from using the same pitcher. wed is the closest day to those to keep a team from using the same pitcher. everything has it's pros and cons, it's just a matter of having more pros than cons.

Collinwood Mt. Pleasant Game has been scheduled for today.