Distric 1A-AA

courtwarrior

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think no one is posting on here except you.

Junior Seth Wallingford will take the fourth-seed slot, and the coach stated that he was good enough to be a No. 1 seed for any other team in the district and that he also was strong with the backhand and forehand.

There isn't no way the top 4 seeds on Elizabethan could be the top 4 in the conference. I'm on the JC team and the whole team is looking stronger this year, the Elizabethton team always says something like that before we play but I almost beat Seth Wallingford last year and he is good but unless he has been in intensive training this year there isn’t no way he could beat any number 1 in the conference, sorry.

I know they are better than we are teamwise and they always have been but we'll give it out best this year. I think the whole conference will be surprised but Johnson Countys improvements.

"EHS boys poised for another good year"

Other than Elizabethan there isn't any other teams in the confrence that will beat our guys this year, so we are looking at a pretty good shot at number 2 this year. Can't wait to see you all at districts, later.

Thats a completly diffrent conference Greenfieldfan...

And who are you "courtwarrior"? you play for anyone?

I am a spectator that goes around and watches the teams play. Kx_John who are you, do you play for Johnson County? If you are, you have really improved this year from last. I think you will be in the top of the conference. Good luck in your season! :rolleyes:

Here is Matt Hill's artical about our first couple of matches, I think he should put the scores in there though from all the matches.. .. ..Cough.. Cough

I'll check with Nave and get the scores from the last couple matches and post them.

Longhorn boys 2-0 in tennis

By Matt Hill

There’s only been two matches played, but the JCHS Tennis Team is already exceeding expectations in 2006.

The JCHS Boys took two wins over Chuckey-Doak and South Greene while the girls squad put up respectable showings against those schools.

Against Chuckey-Doak, James Cox, John Lawler and Justin Madgzuik all took singles victories for the boys, with Cox and Matt Blevins and the team of John Wilson and Matt Lipford winning doubles matches.

The Longhorns looked even better against South Greene as James Cox took a huge win over South Greene Basketball standout Mark Wright 6-3. Cox teamed up with Blevins for a doubles win while Blevins was joined victoriously in singles by John Lawler, Chris Eller and Justin Madgziuk.

"We didn’t know what to expect from Chuckey-Doak and South Greene, but their boys teams were pretty good and we played very well against South Greene. South Greene was as good or better than Chuckey-Doak and I think we beat them more convincingly than we did Chuckey-Doak. That’s probably the best we’ve played as a group in three years."

Nave was happy to see some players really step up.

"John Lawler has stepped up in both matches and won the tiebreaker against Chuckey Doak that ended up being the one that won us the match. Chris Eller had a good performance against South Greene and Justin Madgziuk has won both of his matches pretty easily.

Cox continues to play well, as he beat a player who is going to make some noise in the conference.

"James beat a real good player and beat him pretty convincingly," Nave said. "That’s the best I’ve ever seen James play and if he keeps this up he’s going to have a good season.

The girls are playing pretty good too even though they’ve not won as a team yet. Rachel Sannes has easily won both her matches while Trisha Vance won against South Greene.

"Rachel Sannes and Brittany Davis have won both of their matches," Nave said. "They’re playing real well. I expected them to play OK, but I didn’t expect them to win just yet. They’ve come a long way. I think the girls are going to be more competitive and maybe win a couple of matches."

• 3 weeks later...

The lady blue devils are (3 - 0) on the year. they have beat johnson county(7-2), west greene(9-0) and south greene(6-3) so far. they look to be the best girls team in the conference but, still have some big matches with chuckey doak, sullivan north, north greene and elizabethton left to play. we will see how those come out before saying to much. the boys team is not doing so well. they are (1 - 2) with the only win coming against west greene(5-4) and losing to johnson county (3-6) and south greene (2-7). GO DEVILS!!!!

I've been trying to go to all the Johnson County games.. there looking pretty good. There undefeated team wise and couple players are still undefeated. Today they play Elizabethon @ Johnson County. My oppinion that is going to be the match of the year. All the singles on the boys side are going to be really good matches to watch!! Good luck both teams!!

Have to go with Betsy on this one---No disrespect to the Longhorns, but we actually won a couple of games ----Betsy totally dominated. But Thats why you play the games---good luck to both. I would enjoy seeing the battle at the one seed. Should be close with either player winning

Edited by BlackKnights

JCHS Boys Tennis Team Still Cruising through Watauga

By Matt Hill

The JCHS Boys Tennis Team refuses to lose.

The Longhorns improved to 4-0 on the season with a 9-0 victory over North Greene Thursday in Baileyton.

JCHS played Elizabethton at home on Tuesday, the league’s other undefeated team. Look for a story in next week’s Tomahawk.

James Cox and John Lawler pitched 6-0 shutouts while Matt Blevins, Chris Eller, Justin Madgzuik and Dakota Campbell all had impressive wins.

In doubles, Jared Angel and John Paul Wilson were among the victors.

"I’m very pleased," JCHS tennis coach Steve Nave said. "Everybody played well again. Matt Blevins and John Lawler continue to help the overall team score with their wins."

The girls fell 7-2, with Brittany Davis and Paige Morefield winning tiebreakers to pull off their matches.

He used the word pitch because you know, tennis and baseball are pretty much the same thing.

Edited by kx_john