CAK vs. Catholic

Heelsfan247

Hoya remarks after the game that CAK "had awoken the sleeping giant", whatever that means....

By the way, mrh11, if you were a student of history---or even had a teeny, tiny memory---- you would know that quote has been used twice before, but never by Hoya. Once was by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the commander of the Japanese fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor in reference to the United States. The second was by Hoya's predecessor, Coach Schiding (himself an Annapolis grad by the way), immediately prior to Catholic's upset win at #1 McCallie in the 2001 DII East Region semifinal. That win led to five consecutive DII State tournaments for the Irish.

Get your facts straight. You're in college now. ;)

Edited by hoya75

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea mitch is usually pretty cute, but he didnt shower this morning so he's looking a bit rough. the smell from 101 is disgusting. or maybe that is just the Croatian/American/etc roomate that he spoke of in an earlier post.

irish legacy: you must be an idiot to think the score will be 17-9 in double overtime. a score like that is just unheard of. if you are not going to make good posts, please dont post at all.

um are you kidding?

you were just talking about a cute smelly guy

before that you talked about some kid shooting a hard ball and knocking out both the catholic coaches so Hoya has to run to help out and the "sleeping giant" leads them to victory. so please don't criticize other people's posts when your own are so wonderlandish. i am sure that a prediction of 17-9 is more useful than a smelly cute guy, and it is more believable (although not that believable in itself) than both catholic coaches getting knocked out by 2 kicked soccer balls in the same night, then Hoya helping out and in the second half Catholic scores 3 goals one from doug, joey, and chase.

my prediction is catholic will win 2-1.

Well, judging by your long-winded post in the Ronaldinho thread, I guess you are serious. That's kinda sad. What do ya think IrishLegacy? And hoya, I realize that you were never the one to use the "sleeping giant" quote, perhaps I should have made a reference to the famous "This is just the sprinkles on the cookie" speech, though it would not have applied exactly to the CAK game....

Well, judging by your long-winded post in the Ronaldinho thread, I guess you are serious. That's kinda sad. What do ya think IrishLegacy? And hoya, I realize that you were never the one to use the "sleeping giant" quote, perhaps I should have made a reference to the famous "This is just the sprinkles on the cookie" speech, though it would not have applied exactly to the CAK game....

mrh11, you are being so cranky! Why are you picking on your fellow posters? Don't you have homework or spring training to do? You want a cookie? :lol:

By the way, one of the coaches just called to tell me this game has been moved up to 5:00 this afternoon because of the threat of storms tonight. The game is at CAK.

mrh11 i was serious, i am glad that another post from another topic helped you realize that because i guess my last two posts were not enough for your weak mind. as for long-winded, ya almost all my posts are long winded because i have alot to say about most topics.

if you do not like that just skip my posts and read every one elses, maybe you can understand those better.

just for the record are you saying you put sarcasm in your first post about the ball knocking out the two coaches or the two telling other people not to post stupid things?

if it was about the first post then you are being Very hypocritical.

hope this isn't too long for you, maybe you should read it in segments, you know take a break after the first 4 lines or so and then come back and read the rest.

mrh11 i was serious, i am glad that another post from another topic helped you realize that because i guess my last two posts were not enough for your weak mind. as for long-winded, ya almost all my posts are long winded because i have alot to say about most topics.

if you do not like that just skip my posts and read every one elses, maybe you can understand those better.

just for the record are you saying you put sarcasm in your first post about the ball knocking out the two coaches or the two telling other people not to post stupid things?

if it was about the first post then you are being Very hypocritical.

hope this isn't too long for you, maybe you should read it in segments, you know take a break after the first 4 lines or so and then come back and read the rest.

Whew, I just finished reading that and I started at 2:34. Tinman you're funny.

yea mitch is usually pretty cute, but he didnt shower this morning so he's looking a bit rough. the smell from 101 is disgusting. or maybe that is just the Croatian/American/etc roomate that he spoke of in an earlier post.

Totally uncalled for stud. I don't smell, it's the Croat. And I say go Knoxville Private Schools! I hope the tornado watches don't affect the game. I agree with Tin-Man. You are outta control, Roy..