Knox Webb vs. Baylor

shims4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor looked strong even though they won only by 1-0 score. Webb is a very good team. I think they can beat McCallie next week ...if so it would make a very interesting senario.

If Webb should beat McCallie next week 1-0, does that mean a coin toss for first place in DII East?

Thanks for the vote of confidence lol. McCallie plays Webb the 28th @ Webb.

Sorry did not mean any kind of a dig by that. I just think Webb has the potential to beat McCallie. McCallie can just as easily win. Baylor, McCallie and Webb have excellent teams. And the Big Red and Blue each represent Chattanooga well in soccer. Do you have any idea if Baylor, McCallie and Webb end 1-1 how the seeding will play out? Thanks.

I am not sure if Webb beats McCallie and then Baylor, McCallie and Webb have identical records what it means in DII seedings. Does anyone have any information on this?

I can't speak to this year's tie-break rules, but in either 2002 or 2003 Knox Catholic and McCallie had identical regular season records and their region tournament seeds (#1 and #2) were decided by a coin toss between the coaches in the Athen's Applebees. Back then it was less of a factor because there were still six DII East teams so there were still games to be played. Now if a coin toss is used the winner is almost sure of going to states. It probably won't be a problem. There's probably no chance of another 1-0 game. :thumb:

Edited by hoya75