soddy daisy

bcll

soddy defeated ider on ider's home field last night 14 - 0. soddy has approached this year much differently than the past. coach kirk has not pushed them to come out strong as usual. if last night was an indication, this team is just now starting to put it all together.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soddy defeated ider on ider's home field last night 14 - 0. soddy has approached this year much differently than the past. coach kirk has not pushed them to come out strong as usual. if last night was an indication, this team is just now starting to put it all together.

It might not seem like Coach Kirk is pushing them this year because of Lamar being back, he does enough talking for them both. I wonder what school he will be at next year?

Soddy followed up with a 13-0 win over East Ridge on Tuesday and an 8-0 win over Red Bank Wednesday.

Edited by no14mom

Lamar did a good job at Ooltewah last year.

yea he did. i cantfigure out what they mean by that statement.please explain?lamar has been around along time and been a big factor in alot of girls lives to the positve.soddy was lucky to get him back and ooltewahs loss.i think if it was his choice he would have still been at ooltewah but like soddy 2 years before he got no respect.ooltewahs lossand soodys gain that he went back.

yea he did. i cantfigure out what they mean by that statement.please explain?lamar has been around along time and been a big factor in alot of girls lives to the positve.soddy was lucky to get him back and ooltewahs loss.i think if it was his choice he would have still been at ooltewah but like soddy 2 years before he got no respect.ooltewahs lossand soodys gain that he went back.

[/quote

He was at Soddy then he went to Red Bank and then left them to go to Ooltewah, WHY? then leaves Ooltewah and goes back to Soddy, WHY? Should have stayed at Red Bank at least he would have gotten one State Ring. the statement has nothing to do with his ability everyone knows he has been around softball long enough to know what he's doing, just wondering why he jumps schools so much. Stability goes along way sometimes and these kids are there for four years and they have to depend on a coach believing in them and wanting to stick it out with them, good or bad.

he ledt soddy the first time because they have a jerk for a coach and red bank picked him up.red bank was not his first choice ooltewah was.why? because 50% of ther players played on his summer team(rice/kurtley/saunders/bannon and others so thats where he wanted to be. he left ooltewah because he was not asked back or told not to come back or even given a reason as to why.so i take it you are a upset red bank parent who has no facts as to why you are upset with lamar.(go figure) this thing is alot deeper than i went into.

he ledt soddy the first time because they have a jerk for a coach and red bank picked him up.red bank was not his first choice ooltewah was.why? because 50% of ther players played on his summer team(rice/kurtley/saunders/bannon and others so thats where he wanted to be. he left ooltewah because he was not asked back or told not to come back or even given a reason as to why.so i take it you are a upset red bank parent who has no facts as to why you are upset with lamar.(go figure) this thing is alot deeper than i went into.

p.s. if you think lamar did not get a championship when red bank won the state you are very wrong. you did not have to give him a ring or be part of the team to see he was very proud of that team. so please dont slam people ontill you have your facts.

hummm i think Lamar has I know of at least one ring. From 2003, I also think he was helping when Soddy Daisy won in 1999 and 2000 so staying at Red Bank to win a ring would not make much since. Soddy has won 3 in the past 7 years and has a very good chance of doing that again this year and the next. They also have at least one runner-up within the past 7 years so 3 state champs and 1 runner up in seven years is a good record. Clifford is very hard on his girls, but he puts MANY of those same girls into college because he knows how to coach. Look at his results and tell me you would not want to give your daughter the best chance of winning a state championship and going to college on a scholarship. He helps girls fulfill their dreams so im sorry if he asks the best of them. Play hard and play for fun but if you don't at least give your best when you step out on the field you would have been better not to have shown up at all. Sorry but i think Clifford's record speaks for itself.

I am not a Red Bank parent, beside I don't think they are to upset about him not being there, his replacements seemed to do a pretty good job, I'm just someone wondering why he went to so many schools. And its not about the ring, its about going somewhere and sticking. Why didn't Ooltewah take him the year he was at Red Bank, Ooltewah had the same coach then as they did last year.

hummm i think Lamar has I know of at least one ring. From 2003, I also think he was helping when Soddy Daisy won in 1999 and 2000 so staying at Red Bank to win a ring would not make much since. Soddy has won 3 in the past 7 years and has a very good chance of doing that again this year and the next. They also have at least one runner-up within the past 7 years so 3 state champs and 1 runner up in seven years is a good record. Clifford is very hard on his girls, but he puts MANY of those same girls into college because he knows how to coach. Look at his results and tell me you would not want to give your daughter the best chance of winning a state championship and going to college on a scholarship. He helps girls fulfill their dreams so im sorry if he asks the best of them. Play hard and play for fun but if you don't at least give your best when you step out on the field you would have been better not to have shown up at all. Sorry but i think Clifford's record speaks for itself.

Some of the credit goes to the girls for those records, he had some of the best players in chatt. so I think that helped him alot. And I don't think Lamar would have stayed at RB expecting a ring the next year, no one expected RB to win State. I think all coachs expect there players to give them there best when they step out on the field, Kirk doesn't have the domain on that.

Lamar left Soddy both times because he put the program at risk by KNOWINGLY breaking the "no contact" rules, TWICE!!!!!!! He's lucky that the "JERK" gave him another chance because there was nobody else that would take him.