YBOA State Tournament 15 and under

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:):thumb: Where are they from?I saw them play...pretty good team

I saw them play once. Seemed well coached but they told me they were a 13U team. I guess I should pay attention better next time.

I assume they are Div II in AAU. They had one dirty player who pushed and held the other players jersey a lot but everyone else seemed to play their hearts out. I can see why they won. Congrats Heartbreakers.

Edited by Set A Virp

:):thumb: Where are they from?I saw them play...pretty good team

While they play out of Williamson County, they have players out of Nashville, Mt. Juliet, Brentwod Hign, Siegel High Schools along with some of the Williamson County High Schools. While not necessarily a Division Two team, did beat Hooptown B team twice in the tournament along with some very good other teams along with the Elite in the finals. Has not yet beaten the very top tier 15's yet such as Hooptown A but has a number of players which came thru the Hooptown program. Team is very well coached.

While they play out of Williamson County, they have players out of Nashville, Mt. Juliet, Brentwod Hign, Siegel High Schools along with some of the Williamson County High Schools. While not necessarily a Division Two team, did beat Hooptown B team twice in the tournament along with some very good other teams along with the Elite in the finals. Has not yet beaten the very top tier 15's yet such as Hooptown A but has a number of players which came thru the Hooptown program. Team is very well coached.

While the Heartbreaker Club has added to the teams it presents very quietly, it is quickly attracting attention in the tournaments it enters as it presented a number of teams in the TSSSAA tournament at USN/Harpeth Hall in a number of age groups. Whether Mark Springer takes credit for all of this is not known but he is certainly involved and has filled a need in the area he is working with.

Sunday, in the 15 and under finals, the HEARTBREAKERS beate the ELITE by about 8 points in a very hard fought game.

I heard that the Heartbreakers played with 7 girls all weekend and then for the championship game the picked up three girls? One of the parents from the Heartbreakers told someone they picked the girls up from Murfresboro High School. I don't know the facts it could just be a RUMOR. Does anyone know the facts?

I heard that the Heartbreakers played with 7 girls all weekend and then for the championship game the picked up three girls? One of the parents from the Heartbreakers told someone they picked the girls up from Murfresboro High School. I don't know the facts it could just be a RUMOR. Does anyone know the facts?

This is INCORRECT. No new girls were added to the roster. Two girls play softball and were at softball tournaments and one girl was sick with a sinus infection. This team is composed of 11 girls, many of whom play two sports and have conflicts. They seldom have all their players there, even at practices. Just a bunch of girls that love to play basketball together.

Setscreen, I appreciate your post and mentioning the RUMOR and I appreciate Triathletemom for setting the record straight for the 11 ATHLETES that compose the 15's Heartbreakers. As in many cases, athletes play two sports and in this case for this group to reach the level of play it has along with playing another is outstanding. But to have a coach who realizes that this is real life and is important to the development of the players is equally outstanding. Only players with better skills would be able to do it. After all, they played 6 ball games that week end plus games in the other sport they participated in. They enjoyed doing it.

At a time now, when the TSSAA is getting involved in dictating and restricting the way that multisport athletes can compete in the summer when there are reasonable coaches in summer programs that understand that there are athletes that would like to hone their skills is very refreshing. Will they reach the level of some teams currently picked as the best? maybe not. Will they, in their own mind, reach the level that will make them feel good about themselves. You betcha. Can they play at another level? yep. Is there a need for other Mark Springer's who is unafraid to try out of the box experiments for the sake of the student/athlete? I hope so and there may be others.

Setscreen, I appreciate your post and mentioning the RUMOR and I appreciate Triathletemom for setting the record straight for the 11 ATHLETES that compose the 15's Heartbreakers. As in many cases, athletes play two sports and in this case for this group to reach the level of play it has along with playing another is outstanding. But to have a coach who realizes that this is real life and is important to the development of the players is equally outstanding. Only players with better skills would be able to do it. After all, they played 6 ball games that week end plus games in the other sport they participated in. They enjoyed doing it.

At a time now, when the TSSAA is getting involved in dictating and restricting the way that multisport athletes can compete in the summer when there are reasonable coaches in summer programs that understand that there are athletes that would like to hone their skills is very refreshing. Will they reach the level of some teams currently picked as the best? maybe not. Will they, in their own mind, reach the level that will make them feel good about themselves. You betcha. Can they play at another level? yep. Is there a need for other Mark Springer's who is unafraid to try out of the box experiments for the sake of the student/athlete? I hope so and there may be others.

I posted this so the RUMOR could be set straight. My daughters also play mulitple sports so I understand. Thanks for the info!!!