Dist 6AAA Champions Red Bank

hoosierboy3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right move? I can guarantee you some of the Ooltewah parents don't think so. Maybe Coach doesn't like playing at home, because he won't have to worry about that anymore. Or maybe he doesn't like hanging up those annoying "District Champion" signs. Because he won't get another shot at that for a long time.

Take a look at the Red Bank team that won the district championship. It is filled with underclassmen (most of whom won't top 5'7" and 150 pounds) who are growing and getting stronger, and figure to win the district again for the next two years. Meanwhile, Ooltewah and Soddy are graduating their best players.

Has anybody else ever heard of "resting" your only 2 proven pitchers when you have a chance to win a district championship in one game....with 3 days rest until your next game? I know excuses are falling like raindrops in Ooltewah, but that is just strange coaching. Coach Bumper Reese should send Coach Massey a thank you card!

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing "the parents aren't happy," or "the parents dont think so." It really doesn't mean a hill of beans what they think. There may be 2 of Ooltewah's parents even close to qualified to be a Head Baseball Coach at the high school level...even middle school for that matter.

Now, here's a question for you broadbat:

You're the coach. Your number two pitcher is out because it's only been 2 days. So you've got your number 1 and your number 3 available. The game is on Thursday. Obviously a district championship means a lot! It's a great honor! But would you burn your number 1 pitcher on Thursday knowing he would not be able to go again on Monday? Thursday's game is very important for the championship....but Monday's game is must win or you go home. I'd rather play on the road, than be sitting at home after Monday.

I would bet my next paycheck that Bumper Reese, Steve Garland, Glen Carter, and Bobby Cox would have done the same thing. Take that to the bank!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing "the parents aren't happy," or "the parents dont think so." It really doesn't mean a hill of beans what they think. There may be 2 of Ooltewah's parents even close to qualified to be a Head Baseball Coach at the high school level...even middle school for that matter.

Now, here's a question for you broadbat:

You're the coach. Your number two pitcher is out because it's only been 2 days. So you've got your number 1 and your number 3 available. The game is on Thursday. Obviously a district championship means a lot! It's a great honor! But would you burn your number 1 pitcher on Thursday knowing he would not be able to go again on Monday? Thursday's game is very important for the championship....but Monday's game is must win or you go home. I'd rather play on the road, than be sitting at home after Monday.

I would bet my next paycheck that Bumper Reese, Steve Garland, Glen Carter, and Bobby Cox would have done the same thing. Take that to the bank!

I disagree.... Bobby Cox doesnt know what to do anymore with his pitching staff ever since good ole Leo left the team.

Grad, far be it from me to dispute your divine wisdom. You are of course, Mr. Ool- I mean Chattanooga Baseball.

Hate to ruin your "guarantee," but uh no, I don't believe Bumper Reese would have done the same thing. In fact he didn't. He used his ace... in LONG relief on 2 days rest...and lo and behold, Red Bank is district champion. Enjoy the long drive, and make sure your 2 pitchers get PLENTY of rest between starts.

Grad, far be it from me to dispute your divine wisdom. You are of course, Mr. Ool- I mean Chattanooga Baseball.

Hate to ruin your "guarantee," but uh no, I don't believe Bumper Reese would have done the same thing. In fact he didn't. He used his ace... in LONG relief on 2 days rest...and lo and behold, Red Bank is district champion. Enjoy the long drive, and make sure your 2 pitchers get PLENTY of rest between starts.

1) No, Bumper did NOT do that...he did that in a MUST-WIN game - totally different scenario.

2) Bradley is all of 10 miles away...

3) Congrats to Red Bank for being the best team and totally dominating this past Thursday in the District Championship!

4) You are correct sir/ma'am: I do know all! ;)

Grad, it looks like we only disagree on one issue. Red Bank thought winning a district championship was important, and Ooltewah did not. And although your circle of buddies is okay with that, believe it or not, some Owl fans are not.

Having said that, let the regions begin...and hopefully all of our coaches from this area will utilize their best players in key situations and bring home some hardware.

Grad, it looks like we only disagree on one issue. Red Bank thought winning a district championship was important, and Ooltewah did not. And although your circle of buddies is okay with that, believe it or not, some Owl fans are not.

Having said that, let the regions begin...and hopefully all of our coaches from this area will utilize their best players in key situations and bring home some hardware.

As I said, unless their concerns are well-founded - in this case they are ignorant - then it really doesn't matter what they think. Jeremy Woods has been dominant all year as the Owls' number 3 pitcher. He was the right guy for that situation. It's done. It's over. You'll get Burke tomorrow night.

As I said, unless their concerns are well-founded - in this case they are ignorant - then it really doesn't matter what they think. Jeremy Woods has been dominant all year as the Owls' number 3 pitcher. He was the right guy for that situation. It's done. It's over. You'll get Burke tomorrow night.

That's good. I was afraid Coach was saving him for Wed. against Red Bank.