DNJ All Area Team (Murfreesboro)

TNsoccer2006

I wonder who chose the all area team, because they obviously didn't watch much of the area play.

Just my opinion, but Patrick Compton, I saw on many many occassions bailing out that defense and was very consistent in delivering the ball to the midfield or forwards. He definitely should have been one of those defenders. How bout Matt Reed, he could have been forward or midfielder. Didn't he make it last year? I think he had something like 15 goals and was probably in on most assist, and this was spending half the time in a forward position. I guess one of the rules of thumb when it comes to high school is you have to give to seniors, what a croc.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../606080316/1006

These would have been my picks

James Holt - Riverdale

Patrick Compton - Riverdale

Tim Reed - Riverdale

Griffin Tuggle -Blackman

Austin Hayes - LaVergne

Dan Campbell - Riverdale

Matt Reed - Blackman

Jose Cruz - Riverdale

Shane Rollins - Riverdale

Kennon Todd Siegle

Larpin - Siegle

Just my opinion

Edited by TNsoccer2006

I wonder who chose the all area team, because they obviously didn't watch much of the area play.

Just my opinion, but Patrick Compton, I saw on many many occassions bailing out that defense and was very consistent in delivering the ball to the midfield or forwards. He definitely should have been one of those defenders. How bout Matt Reed, he could have been forward or midfielder. Didn't he make it last year? I think he had something like 15 goals and was probably in on most assist, and this was spending half the time in a forward position. I guess one of the rules of thumb when it comes to high school is you have to give to seniors, what a croc.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../606080316/1006

These would have been my picks

James Holt - Riverdale

Patrick Compton - Riverdale

Tim Reed - Riverdale

Griffin Tuggle -Blackman

Austin Hayes - LaVergne

Dan Campbell - Riverdale

Matt Reed - Blackman

Jose Cruz - Riverdale

Shane Rollins - Riverdale

Kennon Todd Siegle

Larpin - Siegle

Just my opinion

aliyu didnt even make tnfc '90 while austin and matt did and benefit the team greatly.

Remember that those all-area teams are picked by the press, not the coaches. Most of the press don't see many of the games and take recommendations from anyone on who should make it. All-county, All-midstate, and all-state picks are a very in-exact science, but congratulations to all who make them.