District 7A

7ABasketball

In contrast to you though, I hope that your team does share YOUR opinion. If they just look at Clarkrange as another game on the schedule, we'll beat 'em. That was part of our problem with you guys last year I think.

B) Trust me, Clarkrange knew RBS was for real last season when they played them! RBS had done given JC all they wanted and had a solid record when they faced RBS! Lamar would not allow his girls to overlook a team like RBS that was 18-2 when they first faced Clarkrange! And yes, I hope that RBS looks at Crange as another team on the schedule, because RBS should beat them when they face each other, granted it is hard to get a W at Crange for many reason, but when it counts RBS shouldnt have a problem with Crange!

Lets put it like this, last season when Crange played regular seaon at home in the district, they were 6-0, on the road 4-2! On a neutral court against district teams, Crange was 2-2!

If you think Crange can play with RBS on a neutral court, then we will see! B)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big question with RBS is will Leonard continue to get better????? If she does, the team will improve. Personally, I think and hope people have them figured out. They'll be good, but it will be the same old RBS type team. Hopefully last year was just a fluke season, haha.

You make it sound like Clarkrange was in such a weak region!?!?

Don't let your heads get too big. Many more times than not, Clarkrange has showed RBS who's the boss. It's a pretty goog rivalry. Jackson County owned RBS last year, and I'm not sure if that will change this year.

Laken will continue to get better...There is no need to question...The girl works to hard at it and loves the game to much not to improve...This is a very hard team to figure out as well...because when firing at all cylinders this team can beat you inside with post game and outside with the shooting game...They a pretty good defensive team...Like I said they'll continue to improve and do nothing but improve...I promise you that!!!

Clarkrange was in a tough region, but with a more experienced team who was in the semi finals in state the year before don't you believe that they should have prevailed in the tough region!?!?!

And yes Clarkrange has showed RBS who's boss in the past...and yes Jackson Co owned RBS last year...But in the upcoming years lets see if Clarkrange shows RBS who's boss...and last year 3 out of 4 games Jackson Co could have lost those games just like RBS did if as much as one more shot would have fallen...but it didn't...

We'll just see what happens this upcoming year... Of course you would want RBS to be down because your going to get out played just like last year...RBS won't be down...they're going to be stronger...

:thumb: Trust me, Clarkrange knew RBS was for real last season when they played them! RBS had done given JC all they wanted and had a solid record when they faced RBS! Lamar would not allow his girls to overlook a team like RBS that was 18-2 when they first faced Clarkrange! And yes, I hope that RBS looks at Crange as another team on the schedule, because RBS should beat them when they face each other, granted it is hard to get a W at Crange for many reason, but when it counts RBS shouldnt have a problem with Crange!

Lets put it like this, last season when Crange played regular seaon at home in the district, they were 6-0, on the road 4-2! On a neutral court against district teams, Crange was 2-2!

If you think Crange can play with RBS on a neutral court, then we will see! ;)

Oh gosh...Your right milk...there is no way Clarkrange could have over looked us last year...Now granted you might be able to use that excuse for the first game the 2 have played because of previous games between the 2 teams...But what about in the district tournament!?!? where RBS had done given JC all they wanted beat you at home and only lost 3 games all year!?!? There is no way Clarkrange overlooked RBS in the district tournament...The fact of it is...RBS was the better team!!!!

Muffin, when it comes to your teams....you always think you have to have the last word....I get your point. The schedules did not mean anything, RBS beat Clarkrange when it counted, BUT you have serious denial issues if you do not think that Clarkrange "played/has been playing/will likely play" a harder schedule than RBS. And while it did not help last year, traditionally it does.

Nice numbers gotmilk...very convincing. I do not disagree that Clarkrange is a hard place to go. They play tough at home. They have good crowds. It is usually one of the best atmospheres for basketball in the state. I think RBS was a surprise for most people last year. I keep up with area teams, but had no idea that the Leonard girl would be so good. You're crazy if you think RBS will NOT have any problems with Clarkrange next year.. neutral, home, wherever. Have you seen them play any this summer? It is a completely new team. They should be pretty good.

Swanson....I think the jury is still out on how much they'll improve. I think there is room for improvement. They are a great team and Leonard is a great player, but they can get better. Can White get them better???? If Leonard continues to get better...she is SEC material I think. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for your comment about experience carrying you through the regionals last year, I agree that Clarkrange was much more experienced, but the talent was pretty even and RBS just played better together last season than Clarkrange did. Clarkrange had a great team, but RBS had their number last year. ...when it counted most.

Clarkrange got outplayed by RBS last year. I don't think RBS will be down at all...but Clarkrange will be ready for some good games with them.

I do not think that RBS is gonna run away with district and regional titles. They'll be the favorite, but they'll be challanged. I think it will be interesting to see how they handle being the favorite.

?!?!?!----------very cool

Edited by 7ABasketball

Muffin, when it comes to your teams....you always think you have to have the last word....I get your point. The schedules did not mean anything, RBS beat Clarkrange when it counted, BUT you have serious denial issues if you do not think that Clarkrange "played/has been playing/will likely play" a harder schedule than RBS. And while it did not help last year, traditionally it does.

Nice numbers gotmilk...very convincing. I do not disagree that Clarkrange is a hard place to go. They play tough at home. They have good crowds. It is usually one of the best atmospheres for basketball in the state. I think RBS was a surprise for most people last year. I keep up with area teams, but had no idea that the Leonard girl would be so good. You're crazy if you think RBS will NOT have any problems with Clarkrange next year.. neutral, home, wherever. Have you seen them play any this summer? It is a completely new team. They should be pretty good.

Swanson....I think the jury is still out on how much they'll improve. I think there is room for improvement. They are a great team and Leonard is a great player, but they can get better. Can White get them better???? If Leonard continues to get better...she is SEC material I think. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for your comment about experience carrying you through the regionals last year, I agree that Clarkrange was much more experienced, but the talent was pretty even and RBS just played better together last season than Clarkrange did. Clarkrange had a great team, but RBS had their number last year. ...when it counted most.

Clarkrange got outplayed by RBS last year. I don't think RBS will be down at all...but Clarkrange will be ready for some good games with them.

I do not think that RBS is gonna run away with district and regional titles. They'll be the favorite, but they'll be challanged. I think it will be interesting to see how they handle being the favorite.

?!?!?!----------very cool

Who cares if they play a harder schedule,it done them no good.

Who cares if they play a harder schedule,it done them no good.

In most years the tough schedule has been in favor of Clarkrange.

The team and the coaching staff learned from the experiences, and have gone to win big in the 'boro several times.

RBS wasn't ready for the 'boro last year. I think the kids were,but the coaching staff wasn't. :huh:

We have played the same schedule every year...It does us the good...If anything we need to be playing in a enviroment much like the same tournament whether the team be tough or weak...Last year our team went to the state tournament and choked because of nerves...This year I promise it won't be like this past year...RBS will be in the state championship...I promise that...

We have played the same schedule every year...It does us the good...If anything we need to be playing in a enviroment much like the same tournament whether the team be tough or weak...Last year our team went to the state tournament and choked because of nerves...This year I promise it won't be like this past year...RBS will be in the state championship...I promise that...

I hope RBS learned from develfanaticbirdflucroweater from last year and does not start trying sell themselves as state champs now. If Laken hurt ligaments, rehab would only strengthen the muscles around it. Hopefully her injury was not serious and she is fully recovered. It would be nice to see her play again this year at state. She really has talent. In my opinion, which does not mean much, RBS lacked a team leader last year, at least in the game I saw them play. That leader needs to be an older player, not an underclassman, or underclasswoman, as it was last year. I do not mean a leader in stats; I mean a vocal leader on the floor, in the locker room, on the bench, and everywhere. A teacher from RBS was sitting in front of me during RBS's loss at 'boro and we both were amazed at players talking when the coach was talking during timeouts. It appeared that players were running the team. RBS has too much talent to not succeed. Laken is great, but she is not all that RBS has. One more hint. One RBS player does not need to make a habit of staring down the referees when calls go against her or her team. That happened far too often at the state tournament.

As far as RBS winning state, 12a is loaded and should have a major impact on state. If those 12a teams can stay healthy, they are as good as any in the state. I hope we play the top 4 teams from 12a this year.

Moore County whipped Jackson County up and down the court at team camp: "yes, I know it is team camp". If Moore County could have made its' lay-ups, they would have won by 30. If Moore County can learn to play as a team they will make an impact. Even Richland, who is trying to find an identity, beat Jackson County. Jackson County will probably be third, at best, in 7A. However, that could change. One thing that I loved about Jackson County at team camp is that there is no quit in them girls. They may not have the experience as in the past and may be small, however, they will fight you till the end no matter what the score. And they are a good team. If they play as a team, they could get back to 'boro

Richland has 2 of the best players in the state and probably 2 of the 3 best in 11A. However, how deep they go will determine how they finish. My daughter, who would have probably been the 5th starter or one of the first 2 off the bench, had ankle surgery last week. She may never play again, however, she should be back come November. We only have 1 other senior, but we have 3 juniors and 2 :o sophomores with a ton of experience. If we can come together as a team, we could make some noise. Good news for the state, Chow Ming may have taken payments while playing for the chinese women's team and may be barred from playing. The state of Tennessee is investigating now.

Sorry, this thread was about 7A. I still have never seen Clarkrange play. I hear they are good and I am going to make a trip to see them this year. Didn’t i hear that they have some impact players transfer?

Hopefully the big 3 in 7A all play upperman. That will be a good judge of how talented they are because Upperman is 'THE REAL DEAL'

Goodluck to all. By the way, I will not talk down Forrest this year. After the butt whipping they but on us at sectionals, they have my admiration. :o

Edited by jamieroper