Elizabethton Football 2006

getinthere

GLEE i really dont know much about the players but i asked someone about the offensive line and they told me it looked like this

E. Ellis -T

J. Potter -G

?-C

J. Morrow -G

T. Bishop -T

I only know one of these kids so i dont know how they will stack up once the season comes along.

As far as skill position players go I have no clue

Any word on who they might be scrimmaging?

C- BIG WILL, Martin & Birchfield (All three can also add depth to the T & G position)

The line is shaping up nicely.....

A group of BiG guys who can move pretty well. :)

Edited by GLee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt that this team will go as Smith goes. Good arm and loves to run the ball with good speed. As I read on another thread, he probably will be in trouble vs. DB due to lack of preparation which has been a trademark of the post Rider Cow Towners. I'm sure they will improve with time on the playing field. See you guys on the 25th. :thumb:

No doubt that this team will go as Smith goes. Good arm and loves to run the ball with good speed. As I read on another thread, he probably will be in trouble vs. DB due to lack of preparation which has been a trademark of the post Rider Cow Towners. I'm sure they will improve with time on the playing field. See you guys on the 25th. :thumb:

I agree to a point. P needs to be on his game but they have several weapons that need to get a fair share of touches each game. Your first sentence is deceiving in putting the show on his back. This group of seniors have been very successful on the football field and I see them having a very descent campaign this year. I don't see that the TEAM is ready for this Friday but looking past this week things brighten up quite a bit. I don't see this group of young men being held back by anyone other than themselves. If the offense is trully opened up, as has been the preseason signal, then they will do fine. For their conference, their defense will be up to the task.

As I said, this team will go as Smith goes. From reading the Press and Tricitiessports.com it is plain to see that Smith can lead the Cow Towners back to some sort of prominence. Along with him must be a pretty good set of recievers but where is the running game? I am looking forward to watching this replay as I'm sure the rest of the Toppers will be.

12-20 187 yards & 12 carries for 55 while being sacked twice and this against the mighty Indians. Pretty much tells the story if he can get more protection. If he can stay healthy, the Cow (Town) boys will make a very legit run at the Mt Lakes title.

From what I saw on Friday night, Elizabethton's offensive line will be one of the best in the confrence. This will be a great asset to the good quarterbacks, running backs and receivers. If they run the ball and throw short passes to the left side they will get some good blocking, especially from the Ellis kid. Seems they do better with long pass plays to the right side. Overall I believe their offensive line will play a BIG part in their success. If the defensive line improves over the next few games, Elizabethton could be headed to a confrence title.