Who will coach @ Ripley?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ripley high school just lost one of the best high school football coaches in the state of tennessee. the ones bashing him on here about there kids playing time will bash the next coach to because there kids not willing to work hard in practice or just doesn't have the talent. get over it. everybody knows who you are. THANKS for the memories johnny mac. 6 of the best years in RHS football in quite some time. and oh yea...on top of being one of the best coaches around he is an even better person.

ripley high school just lost one of the best high school football coaches in the state of tennessee. the ones bashing him on here about there kids playing time will bash the next coach to because there kids not willing to work hard in practice or just doesn't have the talent. get over it. everybody knows who you are. THANKS for the memories johnny mac. 6 of the best years in RHS football in quite some time. and oh yea...on top of being one of the best coaches around he is an even better person.

I good person would not have left at the time he left without fair warning now the next coach will be cut short of setting up a new system.

I good person would not have left at the time he left without fair warning now the next coach will be cut short of setting up a new system.

Do you realize how pretentious that sounds?

Do you know the guy? Have to spoken with him? Have you played for him? To judge whether or not a man is a "good person" based on one instance is poor.

As someone else said, reading the people who are coming to his defense tells me all I need to know about him, my experience with him not even being considered.

Do you realize how pretentious that sounds?

Do you know the guy? Have to spoken with him? Have you played for him? To judge whether or not a man is a "good person" based on one instance is poor.

As someone else said, reading the people who are coming to his defense tells me all I need to know about him, my experience with him not even being considered.

Let me say this--everyone knew about this trouble with the missing funds since February. I would dare say the coach had plenty of time since that point to find another job. It appears to me that it is somewhat unfair to the kids for him to leave with only 6 weeks to go before the season started. This has nothing to do with him being a "good person" --maybe just a good coach. If he cared so much for the team, perhaps he should have resigned after school was out, so that the administration would have had more time to find another coach. I hear, however, that we have gotten someone really special with this new coach hired. I wish him and the rest of the Tigers much good luck in the upcoming year.

If you had lived in our town and had the coach and his family put on a pedestal, as they were here, you would understand the reasons for my post. By the way, I don't know where you live, but stealing is a crime everywhere, even Lexington and Huntingdon. It is not an obsession--just thankful for once that someone was pulled off that pedestal a little. If I had done the crime, I would have already been doing the time.

What ever happen to his wife.