Five-way scrimmage @ South Doyle (8/4)

wheredaat.com

Give me your takes on this scrimmage.

Fulton looked impressive only giving up one varsity touchdown to Whitley Co. (KY) and one other touchdown to Farragut by the second team defense.

They also only gave up only one first down to a tough Morristown West team.

Thought Fulton did have the better scrimmage .. looked like Fulton scored 3 times against Farragut and farragut did score on Fulton at the end when Futon looked like they has some second line DL and Lb's in .. against Whitley .. Fulton seemed to overwhelm them with about 4 TD's and Whitley did catch Fulton in a blitz and completed a middle screen for a TD .. Whitley's QB threw the ball very well .. Farragut and Morristown West had a spirited battle .. looked like MW got the better of them ... South Doyle looked like they had some success against Farragut but I think Farragut rested 1st teamers to prepare for the MW session .. SD had a good looking RB # 3 though .... Fulton and MW was the last I saw and Fulton got the better of them .. Fulton played on MW's end of the field the whole session .. I think MW did get 1 first down .. the Rogan kid for Falcons had some very good runs against MW .. MW's OL looked like it needed some work .. hardest lick of the day .. Fulton against Whitley Co ... crack back block on player from Whitley co by number 7 from Fulton .. the Fulton kid knocked him into next week .. but the Whitley kid got up .. one of the hardest hits I have ever seen in High School ball .. did not get to see much of Whitley and South Doyle .... anybody else see things different ... I think they cut short the Fulton/MW session ..tempers were getting pretty short ..both teams tired after 4 sessions ...

Give me your takes on this scrimmage.

Fulton looked impressive only giving up one varsity touchdown to Whitley Co. (KY) and one other touchdown to Farragut by the second team defense.

They also only gave up only one first down to a tough Morristown West team.

Would like to hear from some others from MW and Farragut to get their take on the scrimmage ....... !!!!!

Proud of the guys - they did play hard without a break after the first snap of the evening. One thing about Coach Woods - he's a stickler for conditioning and it shows year after year. I think MWest travels to William Blount on Wednesday with the Jamboree scheduled for Friday.

EFan, thanks for the props.

Thanks to South Doyle for hosting and good luck to all the teams that participated.

Mo west scored twice and farragut scored once. They stopped the game and west had the ball on the 5 about to score again. West didnt get a break the whole scrimmage, and they had a lineman or two out. They beat south doyle 3 touchdowns to 0 and whitley 3 to 1. They look to be a very good team this season

yes going the 4 straight sessions is tough ... Fulton did it last year !!! Thanks to South Doyle who hosted ... it was run very well .... I know the guy on the tower was tired of blowing whistle and hollering when the sessions ended ... for some reason he hard to hear and teams kept on playing ....

Let's see, where should I start.

Maybe with the fact that they crowded the Fulton sidelines the entire scrimmage, some coming some 5 or so yards onto the playing field to get a better view.

Others decided to post up (with sling chairs) on the fifty, and I mean ON THE CHALKLINE, with hotdogs and drinks in tow. A few had their drinks ON the field of play.

Many where asked to move, so that the players could patrol the sidelines, but they all refused numerous requests.

Some went so far as to scream at the Fulton players on the sideline, telling them to move so that they could see.

I mean, how rude of those Falcon players to block their view, after all it was the fan's scrimmage.

Let's see, where should I start.

Maybe with the fact that they crowded the Fulton sidelines the entire scrimmage, some coming some 5 or so yards onto the playing field to get a better view.

Others decided to post up (with sling chairs) on the fifty, and I mean ON THE CHALKLINE, with hotdogs and drinks in tow. A few had their drinks ON the field of play.

Many where asked to move, so that the players could patrol the sidelines, but they all refused numerous requests.

Some went so far as to scream at the Fulton players on the sideline, telling them to move so that they could see.

I mean, how rude of those Falcon players to block their view, after all it was the fan's scrimmage.

From what I saw on both fields during other contests, the teams shared one sideline while the fans had the opportunity to view friends, family and kids on the playing field.

Fans next to the field take their chances when "posting up" next to the field and I saw fans get hit at each contest - they need to understand the consequences of being that close.

Regarding the screaming at the Falcon players, the tone of voice was escalated secondary to the multiple simple requests and outright arrogance returned - to quote: "...I ain't movin' for no woman - you better gimme my props...". Decorum prevents some of the other statements that were made.

Either move the venue or close it completely to the fans. Possibly, if the team had followed suit as the rest of the teams during the scrimmage, it never would have been an issue.

I am pleased to see your practice of “decorum,” as your counterparts did not complement your application or philosophy of etiquette and politesse.

My friend, as was the fact of matter, there were circumstances that promoted the Falcons to claim the opposing sidelines as their perch. Foremost, the said sideline was originally employed by this team during the preliminary bout and after a brief and successful hiatus; it proved to be the meticulous locale that the team would find themselves for their return. Besides the fact that the format you suggested was probably never delineated to those of any particular influence. Now this may be too much for even the weakest of minds to grapple, but when approached by the situation to stand ground or give way to those having credentials, it would seem that reason and rationale should have been the customary approach, and thus spectator etiquette would have been the rule of the day. If such etiquette had been the preferred mode, other such controversy and incongruence could have been avoided.

Furthermore, any subsequent comments by the players should be considered an obvious consequence of duress and such predicament with the before-mentioned, refined spectators served as the coercive coax…thus any comments, rather repugnant or otherwise in nature, should be measured as comprehensible.

I am pleased to see your practice of “decorum,” as your counterparts did not complement your application or philosophy of etiquette and politesse.

My friend, as was the fact of matter, there were circumstances that promoted the Falcons to claim the opposing sidelines as their perch. Foremost, the said sideline was originally employed by this team during the preliminary bout and after a brief and successful hiatus; it proved to be the meticulous locale that the team would find themselves for their return. Besides the fact that the format you suggested was probably never delineated to those of any particular influence. Now this may be too much for even the weakest of minds to grapple, but when approached by the situation to stand ground or give way to those having credentials, it would seem that reason and rationale should have been the customary approach, and thus spectator etiquette would have been the rule of the day. If such etiquette had been the preferred mode, other such controversy and incongruence could have been avoided.

Furthermore, any subsequent comments by the players should be considered an obvious consequence of duress and such predicament with the before-mentioned, refined spectators served as the coercive coax…thus any comments, rather repugnant or otherwise in nature, should be measured as comprehensible.

It looks like you got your money's worth from your thesaurus.

Good luck to Fulton.