Henry County vs Haywood County

wingman

Great scrimmage for Pats. Breakdown as I saw it.

Pats starting OL took control of line during second drive and maintained control while they were in. RB's hit the holes and made good decisions. The passing game was wide open. QB was very accurate and made good decisions, whenever he felt pressure he rolled out and with his ability to run made it tough for D. Receivers made every catch. I don't think the D for Haywood was that bad, they were not ready for the wide open offense with prepared players. Had this been a full scrimmage this might have been a 28-0 game.

Punting was super. 3 punts with 2 long distance with hang time. No FG attempts but extra points looked good. One high snap pulled down and still completed.

Our defense stifled Haywood. I don't know that they had more than 40-50 yards offense in 40 minutes. My only problem with knowing how good Pats D is the Haywood Offense. It seemed to me that Haywood is struggling to put a good offense attack on field. They have no passing game unless they were hiding it, and what would be the point in that. They were slow with handoffs and their timing looked bad. Some of that may have been our D which after first couple of series was setting on the run. They looked confused on offense. I would say Haywood's practice next Monday and Tuesday will be interesting.

Second team was not on field long but they did look good.

All that said this makes me even more ready of next week against Ridgeway. I don't think this years game will have same results as last. I saw an overall better Pats squad than last year with room for continued preperation.

Last but not least the Pats crowd was loud even for a scrimmage.

Could you tell me how the defensive line looked last night? I was a little worried about them this year , we lost a lot on line but seem to have some good linemen. Go Pats! :lol:

Defense is what I was worried about for this year. We lost alot of good players up front. I thought it looked good and I am now REALLY excited about the upcoming game on friday. Gaddis has got the defense hitting and swarmming!

See you at the game.

Guest Artzzyblonde

:lol: Our Guys Were Great! :D Never worried for a min. about this year's team. I'm going to miss the guys that graduated, but the coaches have been working with the younger ones before it came their time to hit the field. Baby, our guys are going ALLLLLLL the way this year! I just get chill bumps thinking about how the Team will be this year!

You'll see me standing in my usual spot (on the side line) this Friday!

Could you tell me how the defensive line looked last night? I was a little worried about them this year , we lost a lot on line but seem to have some good linemen. Go Pats! :lol:

Defense was AWESOME!!! Those big boys from Brownsville had thought they were going to wear us out (some of their players said that). But Henry County held them to a -3 yards for the entire scrimmage! And 1st team didn't play the entire time either! The future is looking brighter and brighter!!! :D

Great Job Pats, nice warmup against Haywood,

Remember that the Roadrunners cam to our place and beat us last year, it is time to avenge that loss.

Coach Gaddis came in here to build a winner and he did not schedule weak teams in his rebuilding. He scheduled Ridgeway to prepare us for the playoff caliber teams, now it is time to show where we stand among them, a 5a semi finalist.

Defense was AWESOME!!! Those big boys from Brownsville had thought they were going to wear us out (some of their players said that). But Henry County held them to a -3 yards for the entire scrimmage! And 1st team didn't play the entire time either! The future is looking brighter and brighter!!! :lol:

HC players were in great shape. I think that made a big difference. D was swarming! Guys didn't look tired at all. I think if our guys don't cramp up we'll take it to Ridgeway. Cramps hurt us last year against them.

I heard that Dominique Allen had a hec of a game on the defensive line, that is great, that young man needs to be on the field all the time. That must have been a heck of a freshman class, if I am not mistaken there are 3 of them playing a lot of football for a very good team. Good luck and kick some butt!!!

Freshman team last year was undefeated. There will be a few more of them, I believe, to contribute this year. HC has plenty of depth. As the season goes on more players will be stepping up!